San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker

How long would it take

Hi Gp111,

My PD is August 2002 EB3. How long do you think it will take for my PD to become currrent?

Thanks

nogc_2006 said:
Hi Gp111,

My PD is August 2002 EB3. How long do you think it will take for my PD to become currrent?

Thanks

No really accurate answer available... From History it should move month by month & should take 8 months for August 02

about 5 more months?

gp111 said:
Yes, They will accept it if you can make before Dec 31st... It will not be processed till PD becomes current ( about 5 more months) but atleast you would be able to get EAD/AP

Hi GP111,

How do you get "about 5 more months" this number? Did you say after 5 months it will become current? The whole I140/485 process is about 9 months now. If what you said is right, it's not that bad since anyway it will take 9 months. You will become current. Right?

gcistortoise.

Hi gp111,

How fast this PD move? Is there any link or data about it?

My PD is Sep’02, how much time do you think it would take to move up to Sep’02?

If you have any link which can indicate the progress, that would be great.

Thanks in advance

vsaxena said:
Hi gp111,

How fast this PD move? Is there any link or data about it?

My PD is Sep’02, how much time do you think it would take to move up to Sep’02?

If you have any link which can indicate the progress, that would be great.

Thanks in advance

It used to move one to two months every month in past.. Here is the link for history of PD.

http://www.jackson-hertogs.com/quota/0quota.htm

GCIsTortoise said:
Hi GP111,

How do you get "about 5 more months" this number? Did you say after 5 months it will become current? The whole I140/485 process is about 9 months now. If what you said is right, it's not that bad since anyway it will take 9 months. You will become current. Right?

gcistortoise.

5 more months for PD to become current. Then you will be able to file I-485 & then 9 more months for process... if you have already filed I-485, it will be on hold till PD becomes current & then more 9 months for processing !

Quick question for GP111

GP111,
I have a quick question for you and I am asking you this on behalf of a friend who is very worried at this point of time.

My friend was outside the country and his attorney applied for the 7th year extension. He thinks that one should not (or may be ONE CANNOT) apply for the 7th year extension when the applicant is outside the country.
Is this a true statement?

Also, do you have to apply for the 7th year extension with the latest I94. In his case, his old I94 (valid till Jan 03, 2005) was sent with the application but he is now back in the country and he has a new I94 (valid till Jan 13, 2005).

Do you see any issues in this case.

Thanks in advance.

Link for SWA processing for CA

GP111 and others,

There was message earlier in the forum regarding state cases (opened cases) for Labor processing done in CA till 2006. Is there a link for this info?

gp111 said:
I am reading for the State Department Bulletin..For the Month of December -2004 EB3 category is current & for the month of Jan 2005 EB3 has retrogressed to 01/01/2002.. What it says that in the month of Dec-04 Visa Number is available for any PD in EB3 but for Jan-05 Visa number is only available for EB3 PD before 01/01/02.. Its up to you if you think it says the other way.

hope this helps

Thanks for the Input. I wish i could apply for I-485 before Dec 31, 2004.

Pareshan4GC said:
My friend was outside the country and his attorney applied for the 7th year extension. He thinks that one should not (or may be ONE CANNOT) apply for the 7th year extension when the applicant is outside the country.
Is this a true statement?

That is not entirely true. There are no mandatory requirements of that.

But The Extension should have been applied using the Valid I-94 (The latest). Because Valid I-94 is proof your visa status in US when you apply for Extension. You can go out of the country after applying but if you go out before applying the I-94 (which you need to surrender at exit) becomes unvalid. (you will still get the extension though)...

The High-Speed, High-Volume Model

Plese read the simulation Draft Training manual based on which BEC May work and this is also for GP's Knowledge base.
Enjoy
http://www.doleta.gov/sga/rfp/SIM_Training_Manual.cfm
Quick Summary, Looks all processing is automated and once the data entry is completed unless some findings adjudications should happen very fast. Intial 20k cases might be in step 4 and expected to recieve letters soon as per earlier posting.

1.Sorting of Application Alphabetically (based on Sponser comapny name)
2.Enter application data into an established software program and begin tracking;
3.Review applications for completeness
4.Validate the business status of the employer and confirm the employer's knowledge that an application has been filed on the firm's behalf;
5.Conduct prevailing wage review and determination (on-line function);
6.Work with employers to publish advertisements for non-RIR applications;
7.Assist in adjudication of RIR and regular applications;
8.Prepare and respond to correspondence, generally referred to as 45-day letters
9.Prepare Notification of Findings (NoF) or submit application for approval/denial.

labor retest

Did anyone get apporval recently after replying for labor retest (3 option letter).
We replied more than 2 months back and there is no response yet from DOL,
and for the worst AVM keeps ringing.
sad.gif

Will our cases be forwarded to BEC/NPC?

Thanks GP

gp111 said:
That is not entirely true. There are no mandatory requirements of that.

But The Extension should have been applied using the Valid I-94 (The latest). Because Valid I-94 is proof your visa status in US when you apply for Extension. You can go out of the country after applying but if you go out before applying the I-94 (which you need to surrender at exit) becomes unvalid. (you will still get the extension though)...

Thanks for the quick reply GP.

H1B validity question

Hi GP and other gurus,

My H1 was approved on Sep 2000, but I came to US on Feb 2001. So my H1 has been renewed until Sep 2006. However, is it true that the H1 is actually valid until Feb 2007 - 6 yrs from the day I entered US.

Any help is much appreciated!!
GCD

GC_dreamer said:
Hi GP and other gurus,

My H1 was approved on Sep 2000, but I came to US on Feb 2001. So my H1 has been renewed until Sep 2006. However, is it true that the H1 is actually valid until Feb 2007 - 6 yrs from the day I entered US.

GCD

I do not think so. What ever valid period on your H1 card is the last day ...

gp111 said:
Yes, They will accept it if you can make before Dec 31st... It will not be processed till PD becomes current ( about 5 more months) but atleast you would be able to get EAD/AP

gp111,

Can you please clarify this. Here are my details:

MD State RD: Jan-03-2002
Phili RD: Jan-04-2004 - pending
EB3

Let's say if my labor at Phili is approved some time next year, since the prority dates for EB3 are retrogressed to Jan-1-2002, Can I go for concurrent filing of I-140 and I-485 in next year?

Thanks for your help.

Pending LC

GP and other gurus,
Working for a midsize company in bay area with headquarters in Texas.
My LC is still pending approval at federal, RD 02/03.
There are loud talks about an impending spinoff from the company.
What happens to my pending LC if the spinoff happens, will my
application be still valid?
thanks!
:confused:

GC_dreamer said:
Hi GP and other gurus,

GCD

The 6 year period counts from the day u enter into US. So, you are eligible to apply for extension from sep 2006 to Feb 2007

GC_dreamer said:
Hi GP and other gurus,

GCD

Yes it is true. H1 period starts from the day you enter US, the period is tied with I-94 card. Issued only for max of 3yrs and extendble for remaining period . Your continued absence from US is also counted for extendig the period means if you are away for more than 2 to 3 months you can extend that much of period. The total period of stay in US for H1 Visa should not exceed more than 6 years. (unless you have applied for GC)

risudoch said:
GP and other gurus,
Working for a midsize company in bay area with headquarters in Texas.
My LC is still pending approval at federal, RD 02/03.
There are loud talks about an impending spinoff from the company.
What happens to my pending LC if the spinoff happens, will my
application be still valid?
thanks!
:confused:

This is a tough question to answer for this forum. As i understand from one of my collegue experience, If all liabelities and other terms remains with the parent company should not be a problem, but if name, place , HR contact and other things change. You May May have to apply with new documentation however your PD , PD allways remains same. Definitely you should check with the Attorney since your Form ET754 information will change.