San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
stan01 said:
I share the same frustration as you: waited 3 years for nothing. My attorney recommended to file a new RIR case which could even go faster than the remanded one. Anyone did the that?

I did the same as mentioned in your post. After waiting for 2 years my RIR application got remanded in July'03. My attorney suggested that I better re-file rather than trying to do something with the remanded case. Refiled again in 6/04. Not being a pessimist, but have no hope on this one either. Something else may come up (similar to Carlson's memo) and may probably get screwed once again!

FYI: CA SESA is processing RIR cases filed on 12/01/03 as of yesterday.

Hello to all of U.

If any of you have any Tax Question. You can post here. Our accounting firm has vast experience in dealing with Immigration related Tax Questions/Problems.

Even if you want to talk to us you can call me on my cell

We file All types of taxes for all 50 States

You can also ask question about New Corporation , Individual tax , Payroll , Pay stubs , Sales Tax , Partnership Tax, Corporation Tax

This is absolutely free service.

Tanveer Ahmad
Cell:718-974-2813

May I ask whether you withdrew the remanded case when filing the new RIR case?

vasu_c said:
I did the same as mentioned in your post. After waiting for 2 years my RIR application got remanded in July'03. My attorney suggested that I better re-file rather than trying to do something with the remanded case. Refiled again in 6/04. Not being a pessimist, but have no hope on this one either. Something else may come up (similar to Carlson's memo) and may probably get screwed once again!

vasu_c said:

My RIR case was withdrawn in May 2003 (due to RFE and on lawyer's advice), and re-filed in traditional queue 2 months later. I am already in 7th year extension (6th year completed in July 2004). Can I convert this LCA to RIR now? Will I be able to extend my H1 if I do so?

Gurus, please reply.

Hello to all of U.

If any of you have any Tax Question. You can post here. Our accounting firm has vast experience in dealing with Immigration related Tax Questions/Problems.

You can also ask question about New Corporation , Individual tax , Payroll , Pay stubs , Sales Tax , Partnership Tax, Corporation Tax

Tanveer Ahmad

Approved labor

If a company has an approved labor, how long can it hold on to it before using it to apply I-140 for the same employee for which labor was originally approved or for another employee (via labor substitution)?

Is there any time frame imposed by USCIS? If the company waits too long, does the application gets more scrutiny?

New RIR case after remanded case

Thanks for your answer. My attorney mentioned that in order to keep the old case while filing the new one, the job tile and description need to be changed. Have you gone through that?

vasu_c said:
No - as far as I know.

Need Clarification

gp111 said:
I am strating new thread for San Francisco DOL as the old one is too huge now..
:confused:
Hi I am new to this forum and my company has just applied LC for me in Nov-03. Till not received any thing from State so would like to know how it works and what type of queries this Forum Shares?
Thanks if any one replies in detail
Sandip

stan01 said:
Thanks for your answer. My attorney mentioned that in order to keep the old case while filing the new one, the job tile and description need to be changed. Have you gone through that?

There has been a change in my job title and description. So I guess the new application would reflect these changes.

What is the DOT Code??

Hello, all,
I am new to this board. I saw you guys have always mentioned DOT code? What is that? And how is it involved in the LC status?
I don't know what's my dot code. I only have a case number on the letter from DOL when they received my petition. :p

tanveer said:
Hello to all of U.

Tanveer Ahmad

Tanveer this is not the forum to put this kind of ad.
Only SFO CA LC are disscursed for your info.
Kindly remove or get kicked out from Adminstrator

State Department Prediction of Cutoff Dates of Employment Based Immigration Priority

from immigration-law.com

State Department Prediction of Cutoff Dates of Employment Based Immigration Priority Dates

* We reported on September 2, 2004 that the employment-based immigration priority dates may experience a set-back sooner or later. The report was based on the State Department forecast in its August 2004 Visa Bulletin. The AILA reports that the upcoming October 2004 Visa Bulletin will carry a State Department prediction that the cutoff date for employment based immigration (EB-3) may come earlier than predicted, as early as January 2005! It is an irony that one group of immigrants have to make other group of immigrants weep to settle down in this country.

Auto Remand - Agony !!

Looks like there are many of us in this situation.

Is there anything at all we could do? Like my company has offices in couple of other states, can we file there? when I am physically located here??

Gurus can someone give us some valid suggestions. Rather than waiting on this DOL may be we have to be innovative.....please.......please..help us!!

Last edited by a moderator:
My case was forwarded SESA to CA DOL ON March 11, 2003. So far, I have not received any letter from DOL , stating the case number and the DOT code.

whether anyone whose case is transferred from sesa to dol during the above time frame, did receive the letter? My attorney is not helpful. I am concerned about this. please help.

What is AVM?

Can someone tell me what is AVM? It looks like the web site you can check the LC status. Can somebody tell me the link? Thanks!

tao2004 said:
Can someone tell me what is AVM? It looks like the web site you can check the LC status. Can somebody tell me the link? Thanks!

This is Automated Voice Machine system for checking the status of LC. The phone number for SFO DOL is 415-975-4617.

BTW, I checked several cases with RD 02/26/2003 and following cases are certified on or before 10 Sep, 2004.

All with 031 or 032 codes. Lets hope for the best ;)

Thanks

nikedude said:
from immigration-law.com

State Department Prediction of Cutoff Dates of Employment Based Immigration Priority Dates

* We reported on September 2, 2004 that the employment-based immigration priority dates may experience a set-back sooner or later. The report was based on the State Department forecast in its August 2004 Visa Bulletin. The AILA reports that the upcoming October 2004 Visa Bulletin will carry a State Department prediction that the cutoff date for employment based immigration (EB-3) may come earlier than predicted, as early as January 2005! It is an irony that one group of immigrants have to make other group of immigrants weep to settle down in this country.

Can somebody tell me what this means. I am worried about concurrent filing. please please please please please guys. I am so frustrated with this f.... DOL. I am sorry. My BP is going up daily while watching this forum and can't resist on watching.
Thanks everybody.....

That means you can not file I-485 if there is cut off data. We have to wait to see the Visa Bulletin on Oct 2004.

tgunukula said:
Can somebody tell me what this means. I am worried about concurrent filing. please please please please please guys. I am so frustrated with this f.... DOL. I am sorry. My BP is going up daily while watching this forum and can't resist on watching.
Thanks everybody.....

Status
Not open for further replies.