San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
will_get_there1 said:
Folks,

I think the PD for cut-off date for visa numbers is based on when I-140 is approved and not when one applied for LC. Correct me if this is wrong.

PD used for I-485 cutoff dates is the PD for filing Labor Cert for EB cases.

will_get_there1 said:
Folks,

I think the PD for cut-off date for visa numbers is based on when I-140 is approved and not when one applied for LC. Correct me if this is wrong.

Hi,
Once I-140 petition is "approved," the priority date is attached to the alien beneficiary. Accordingly, even if the alien changes the employment and start a new employment-based immigrant proceeding, his/her prior priority date is retained and grandfathered. Priority date is not attached for the purpose of the retention even if labor certification approved until the I-140 petition is filed and "approved." Once attached, the priority date can be cross-transferred among EB-1, EB-2, and EB-3 once the priority date in one of these classifications is attached and retained. Retained priority date can be transferred only among EB-1, EB-2, EB-3, and cannot be transferred from or to Investor Immigrant Petition (I-526) or Special Immigrant Petition (I-360). Retained priority date cannot be transferred from or to family-based immigrant petition (I-130).
If approved petition is revoked, retention of priority date is also gone.
Priority Date Valid Only with the Alien Beneficiary and Cannot be Transferred to Other Aliens.
Thanks

con-current I-140/I-485

gp11,

Let hypothetically assume that cut off date is Sep 2002 and my priority date is Jan 2002. would I be able to file I-140 and I-485 con-currently or in other words would con-current processing is still valid as long as someone is within the priority date?

Thanks

vsaxena said:
gp11,

Let hypothetically assume that cut off date is Sep 2002 and my priority date is Jan 2002. would I be able to file I-140 and I-485 con-currently or in other words would con-current processing is still valid as long as someone is within the priority date?

Thanks
is avm updated yet ?

vsaxena said:
gp11,

Thanks

Yep.

gp111 said:
DOT Code is Job Category Code... Its a Code Given by SWA according to your Job profile. In CA they uses SOC (Standard Occupation Category) as DOT Codes.. You can find info on DOT/SOC codes at http://www.bls.gov/soc/soc_majo.htm

Is your case already with DOL (Regional) ? Have you received the DOL Case Receipt / DOL Case Number ? If yes then DOL Receipt mentions the DOT code. Or you can call AVM & enter your DOL case number to find out DOT number.
gp111,

Thank you for reply. It is very useful. However I don't have the receipt. I only have a copy of the letter DOL send to my atterney, to confirm they received my petition. The letter only has case number. Anyway, I got my DOT code now, by calling AVM.

Does DOT code affect the DOL decision a lot? My DOT code is 999.151-032. I found all the cases with this DOT code in my company got remanded, although there are just abount a dozen cases in the past several years. Most of the cases are 999.151-031. Some of them are certified, some of them are remanded, some of them are withdrawn, and the rest are waiting...

Last edited by a moderator:
Change of Address

Just wondering if this is disasterous or not

My attorney moved his office to a different street address. Knowing how DOL is bad in responding to inquiries or letters, does this mean I might not be able to get further correspondence from them?

Any help or past experiences are greatly appreciated.

Hi Guys,

While my labor is pending with Chicago, my 6 year H1b is coming to a close in Feb, 05. Needless to say my labor (like most everybody else) has been pending for more than 20 months, between Michigan and Chicago.

My lawyer is getting ready to file for the H1B extention. It looks like that a wage determination survey has to be filed along with it. My problem is that the agency which did the wage survey, when the original H1B application was filed, is no longer doing any survey. My questions are

1. Do we need the wage determination survey for the 7th year extention?
2. What are the Michigan recognaized agencies who specialize in wage determination for the non IT sector?
3. Can we have the original survey that was used for the original H1B application(Feb, 02) ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Higcoptimist

runaway73 said:
Just wondering if this is disasterous or not

My attorney moved his office to a different street address. Knowing how DOL is bad in responding to inquiries or letters, does this mean I might not be able to get further correspondence from them?

Any help or past experiences are greatly appreciated.
dont worry , your attorney must be expecting other correspondences, other then yours, so he has to update his whereabouts to stay in bez,
moreover under law, he is suppose to do so within 15 days, after his move to new address, with ins and others
tony

Cut off date not being current

Hi Guys,
Please try to help me to understand. For CAians, it takes atleast 2.5 years to get the LC certified (if one is having luck). So if the PD is not current how, does it really affect us?
Thanks,
Sarathy

DOL Dallas and Philadelphia Backlog Reduction Centers Update

No hope to Californians!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This site reported earlier that a contractor was selected in May 2004 by the DOL for the Dallas and Philadelphia Backlog Reduction Centers. The Contractor was actively recruiting analysts and other staff members to work at each Center. For each Center, the Contractor was recruiding over 80 workers including 60+ analysts. It appears that all these positions have been filled and the Contractor is no longer recruiting people for these positions in Dallas and Philadelphia Centers. This coincides with the AILA report that the two Centers started sending out letters to those alien labor certification application employers in Philadelphia and Dallas advising them that their cases have been transferred to the Centers and requesting update information. In a way, it is a good news. Please refer to our August 5 and 19, 2004 postings.

DOL Seeks OMB Approval for Electronic Filing Form of Labor Certification Application

On September 8, 2004, the DOL requested OMB for its review and approval of electronic filing form of this form (employer part of the alien labor certification application) to seek comment from the public for a period of 30 days. It is published today with the comment period ending October 19, 2004. The form itself has not been published in the federal register, but the estimated annual use of this form is 100,000 by Permanent Labor Certification, 4,000 for Temporary Labor Certification for Agricultural Sector, and 8,000 for Temporary Labor Certification for Non-Agricultural section.

Certified

Hi All,

It would seem that I am new here but my original user name can't post any messages. So I have to create a new one, although I have been registered since August 2002. Anyways I just learned today that my case was certified :) , and I just want to share my details with you:

State PD: Mar 6, 2002
DOL RD : Jan 31, 2003
DOT Code: 999.173-011
Case # : 095460**
Min Reqmt: BS+2

- DOL Letter 3-option letter received on July 28, 2004.
- Lawyer chose to re-test the market.
- Advertisement published first week of August on a Tuesday.
- Got one reply, interviewed the applicant, and he is not qualified.
- After 4 weeks ( 2 weeks is what DOL requires for recruitment period after advertisement), a reply was sent to DOL.

Finally, after one week of reply to DOL, my case was certified on September 17, 2004.
So all in all, the total RIR process for me is 2 years and 6 months. Well, that excludes the initial 6 months recruitment period. That is a long long wait. See you all at the I-140/I-485 stage.

red91335 said:
Hi All,

It would seem that I am new here but my original user name can't post any messages. So I have to create a new one, although I have been registered since August 2002. Anyways I just learned today that my case was certified :) , and I just want to share my details with you:

State PD: Mar 6, 2002
DOL RD : Jan 31, 2003
DOT Code: 999.173-011
Case # : 095460**
Min Reqmt: BS+2

- DOL Letter 3-option letter received on July 28, 2004.
- Lawyer chose to re-test the market.
- Advertisement published first week of August on a Tuesday.
- Got one reply, interviewed the applicant, and he is not qualified.
- After 4 weeks ( 2 weeks is what DOL requires for recruitment period after advertisement), a reply was sent to DOL.

Finally, after one week of reply to DOL, my case was certified on September 17, 2004.
So all in all, the total RIR process for me is 2 years and 6 months. Well, that excludes the initial 6 months recruitment period. That is a long long wait. See you all at the I-140/I-485 stage.

Congratulations !!! and Good luck for your next stages.

Here is some more Good and Bad news for the following case numbers:

09548337 NOF Issued, Response Date Oct 22 Status posted on Sep 18
09548349 NOF Issued, Response Date Oct 22 Status posted on Sep 18
09548367 Certified on Sep 17
09548404 Certified on Sep 17
09548412 Certified on Sep 17
09548420 Certified on Sep 17
09548427 Certified on Sep 17

get_gc04 said:
Congratulations !!! and Good luck for your next stages.

Here is some more Good and Bad news for the following case numbers:

09548337 NOF Issued, Response Date Oct 22 Status posted on Sep 18
09548349 NOF Issued, Response Date Oct 22 Status posted on Sep 18
09548367 Certified on Sep 17
09548404 Certified on Sep 17
09548412 Certified on Sep 17
09548420 Certified on Sep 17
09548427 Certified on Sep 17

These are all Feb 24th cases...It seems we will never get labour at this rate..

Finally Its March !

After 2 weeks of silence DOL has move to March 2003.. As per AVM CA dol is now processing cases received between NOV ‘02 to March ’03… It is slow, but good news is Lots of people with 3 option letters got approved in last two weeks !

Status
Not open for further replies.