San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remanded cases

GC23 said:
The education was bachelors in CS .Experience was 0 years though I had 4+ years when I applied. The position was senior software engineer.
Is anybody else in the same boat ?

GC23,
Same here....mine was remanded in june 2003 and I have not heared any word yet. My lawer keep saying they keep leaving messages but no response back!! I have 5 years exp but my appication was filled as BS + 0 years.

Guys who are waiting think of us, here we are well past due date but no response.

Its been three years now and still I dont know when mine LC will be processed.

Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity.

Ecclesiastes 2:17 - Therefore I hated life; because the work that is wrought under the sun is grievous unto me: for all is vanity and vexation of spirit

onedude said:
my case 031, Jan/22/2003, bs+2 years
got 3 option latter.
I am going to talk to layers today,
any ideas what should I do

Hi OneDude,

Sorry to hear that..

How much experience and what degree you have shown when you applied for GC?

Thanks.

Waiting for LC for over 3 yrs now

Friends and fellow sufferers,
Like many others, I have been waiting for LC for over 3 yrs now,
CA State: May 29th 2001, sent to DOL sometime, and last year March DOL remanded to state.
My case was filed with MS as a requirement, as per the requirements at that time for RIR. My colleague had MS+2yrs, and his case was filed 3 months after mine, and he has met the same fate. AVM still says Remanded to State. Attorneys are most unhelpful and I have to go to VP ,threaten quitting, everytime I need them do something for me.
My h1 expires in Dec 2005 and my company is not doing all that great, I don't feel company would stick around for long, so 7th year extension though possible is not very appealing.
Last year there was a brief period when Chicago was processing applications fast, and I escalated my situation and managed to convince my company to file for me from Chicago. After taking their own sweet time, the lawyers sent the app to Chicago in Feb. Not sure when those papers would get processed.
It makes sense for me to find another job, but it's hard to get a decent job without GC in software market, with my skill sets.
So, I presume there are a few of us, who have been waiting for Labor for so long, and are in complete limbo right now. No idea what DOL would do next. It has been really frustrating period for me, but I have learnt to deal with it now.
So, all of us whose LC has been pending for over 3 years, should do something, how about we write a letter to CA-DOL? Not that I have high hopes, but at least we can try.
What do u guys think? What other options do we have?
regards,

DOL stil breathing ..... slowly

Checked AVM... found some new cases certified (# 09545621,09545620 PD 01/28/03) on July 13. DOL is breathing but very very slowly ....

csrini1 said:
Hi GP111,

patience, i think they are just not updating AVM. remember the break up of number of cases for jan??, jan 22 had more cases than prev days, and coming up is jan28/29 which have around 200 cases. Generally i felt you are the one who did not show frustration and consoling(!!) others to be patience and things like that, just hang in there...

Csrini1
PD- 2/3/03.

for Days_go_by

Days_go_by

Apply for Canadian immigration and
Go to Canada . They welcome the people with good skills and respect you and your ethinicity. If you are thinking long term (family and kids growing in North America) then Canada is a good place.
After you get the immigration try to move your job to Canada with you !

Please Help: RFE response extension is it possible?

Gurus,

(RFE is to advertise for the position again and send responses)

My friend got an RFE but the advertisement goofed up and we have to do it agian. There is n't sufficient time to send the response ( should be sent by July 30th). Company is trying to give the adv again tomorrow. But I'm wondering if there is a chance that we can ask for extension for the RFE reply. Our lawyer says its not posisble.

thanks much,

Last edited by a moderator:
How come 28th Jan without Jan 22nd ???

How can they process 28th Jan cases, without completing Jan 22nd. AVM still says received message to me... :confused: This is disgusting...

will_get_there1 said:
Checked AVM... found some new cases certified (# 09545621,09545620 PD 01/28/03) on July 13. DOL is breathing but very very slowly ....

Remand nightmare

My remand case
PD: MAY-2001
DOL RD: FEB 2002
Remand Date: DEC 2002

NO OPTION LETTER

JOB Requirement: BS + 5 yrs. and i had this at that time.

It sucks!

goodphysq said:
GC23,
Same here....mine was remanded in june 2003 and I have not heared any word yet. My lawer keep saying they keep leaving messages but no response back!! I have 5 years exp but my appication was filled as BS + 0 years.

Guys who are waiting think of us, here we are well past due date but no response.

Its been three years now and still I dont know when mine LC will be processed.

Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity.

Ecclesiastes 2:17 - Therefore I hated life; because the work that is wrought under the sun is grievous unto me: for all is vanity and vexation of spirit

What does AVM say when you get a 3 letter option??

onedude said:
my case 031, Jan/22/2003, bs+2 years
got 3 option latter.
I am going to talk to layers today,
any ideas what should I do

How long do you have to run the Ads for? And how many days do they give to complete the process??

rk4gc said:
Gurus,

My friend got an RFE but the advertisement goofed up and we have to do it agian. There is n't sufficient time to send the response ( should be sent by July 30th). Company is trying to give the adv again tomorrow. But I'm wondering if there is a chance that we can ask for extension for the RFE reply. Our lawyer says its not posisble.

thanks much,

Hey did you check with your lawey if you got any communication? 'Cause my guess is if your case was processed but neither certified nor remanded to state, then it stays in "Received " status.

So maybe it is a good idea to check with your lawyer to see if they got any communication from DOL.....

rgojji said:
How can they process 28th Jan cases, without completing Jan 22nd. AVM still says received message to me... :confused: This is disgusting...

rgojji said:

The dot code is 999-151-051- computer system analysts for cases RD 1/28 and which are certified.
Even i checked some cases like 09545304, 390,428 RD 1/22, still rcvd,
i guess the dot code for these cases is 151-031/032.

conclusion?? 031,032 dot code cases are taking long?? compared to other cases??
rgojji, what is ur dot code??

Csrini1

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree! Dot 031/032 are definitely slower....But many 031/032 from later dates such as 01/28/2003 RD are processed/certified.......

So I am trying to conclude if DOL is sending more 3 option letters to 031/032 cases and hence it still shows received in AVM.... I hope this is what they are not doing....but just another line of thought....

csrini1 said:
The dot code is 999-151-051- computer system analysts for cases RD 1/28 and which are certified.

Csrini1

Hi rk4gc,

I have received NOFs (Notice of Findings) from DOL twice.
In one case, my attorney was able to get a 35-day extension from DOL. That is the maximum time permitted by law.

I dont know whether RFE is a synonym for NOF.

Maybe someone on the forum can give you a better idea.

gcsfo

rk4gc said:
Gurus,

thanks much,

I am all for writing the letter to CA-DOL. But do we know whom we are addressing . we just have to hope that it will reach the right people.

Hi Srini,

My DOT code is 999-151-031

csrini1 said:

Csrini1

Blar blar

GC23 said:
I am all for writing the letter to CA-DOL. But do we know whom we are addressing . we just have to hope that it will reach the right people.

How about this guy:)
William L. Carlson, Chief, Division of Foreign Labor Certification, Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration,
200 Constitution Avenue NW., Room C4318 FP Building,
Washington, DC 20210
Phone: 202 693-3989
Fax: 202 693-2760
Email: carlson.william@dol.gov

jack144 said:
How long do you have to run the Ads for? And how many days do they give to complete the process??

You need to run it only once preferbly on Sunday news paper and wait for two weeks for response and send results. Total time from the RFE/NOF received and to send the response is 2 months.

gcsfo said:
Hi rk4gc,

I have received NOFs (Notice of Findings) from DOL twice.
In one case, my attorney was able to get a 35-day extension from DOL. That is the maximum time permitted by law.

I dont know whether RFE is a synonym for NOF.

Maybe someone on the forum can give you a better idea.

gcsfo

Thanks gcsfo, that helps.

He is the right person to send the mail. Let us draft an email and send it to him and see whether DOL wakes up or not. It is really a pain.

ascii said:
How about this guy:)
William L. Carlson, Chief, Division of Foreign Labor Certification, Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration,
200 Constitution Avenue NW., Room C4318 FP Building,
Washington, DC 20210
Phone: 202 693-3989
Fax: 202 693-2760
Email: carlson.william@dol.gov

Status
Not open for further replies.