San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over 2 yrs for GC Labor....

Hi gp111 and others,

This is my first time on this forum so let me know if I’m not following any particular etiqutte :)

So after waiting over two years this is what my case looks like:
Case number: 095XXXXX
Dot code: 999.151-032
Filed with state labor: July 2002.
Received Regional Office: 6/16/2003

Currently I am on H1-B ever since I came to US and I will be finishing my 6 years by Feb’2005.

1). What is the expected time of my labor approval?
2). At what point/ time I can leave my company without impacting my GC process.
3). Do we still have 6 year constraint if I leave my company now??

AVM update

Do you guys know how many days/months it will take for a new case number to appear in AVM?
My case was transmitted to DOL first week of May. Still I do not hear my number in AVM when I try accessing through my company phone number.
Thanks in advance.

Patience

Just to offload some pressure from gp111 :) let me answer this: it usually takes 6 months for a new case number to show up in AVM. My transmital date to DOL was in Feb, it's yet to show up in AVM !!

sarathynp said:
Do you guys know how many days/months it will take for a new case number to appear in AVM?
My case was transmitted to DOL first week of May. Still I do not hear my number in AVM when I try accessing through my company phone number.
Thanks in advance.

2). At what point/ time I can leave my company without impacting my GC process.

You can change employers 180 days after AOS is applied for.

The 6-year constraint applies to your stay in the US on a H1, irrespective of your employer. After 6 years, H1B can be applied in 1 year increments if a Labor cert has been applied for, and is pending for more than 1 year.

[/QUOTE]

worker_bee said:
The 6-year constraint applies to your stay in the US on a H1, irrespective of your employer. After 6 years, H1B can be applied in 1 year increments if a Labor cert has been applied for, and is pending for more than 1 year.

Couple of questions in the same line..

Planning to get married next year and will be hitting the 6 year limit
by then. Does this one year increment stuff also applies to H4 visas also ?

BTW I also read about the recent changes in visa revalidation procedures.

Does this means we need to get the visa revalidated across the border
every year ?

sg101 said:
Hi gp111 and others,

This is my first time on this forum so let me know if I’m not following any particular etiqutte :)

So after waiting over two years this is what my case looks like:
Case number: 095XXXXX
Dot code: 999.151-032
Filed with state labor: July 2002.
Received Regional Office: 6/16/2003

Currently I am on H1-B ever since I came to US and I will be finishing my 6 years by Feb’2005.

1). What is the expected time of my labor approval?
5 to 6 months.
2). At what point/ time I can leave my company without impacting my GC process.After filing 485 and 6 months is over and if you find same job as LC
Yes..

nikedude

**** YES

every year ?

**** Only if you want to travel outside US !

Acquisition, Please answer

My State RD is 09/2003. My company has been acquired by other company.
The transaction will be completed in three months.

By that time, it will reach the Federal level, where should I send the supporting papers(State or Federal office)? and when should I send the papers(before or after transaction completion)?

One more question, My H1b is valid until 03/02/2006. Should I apply for H1b Transfer or no need for it?

thank you...

Desichai.com for timepass

Visit DesiChai.com.Everyday I check Immigration forms and the next site I Visit is DesiChai.com....

Good entertainment site....

What are the current processing date?

Hi gp111 and others,

If anyone know about the current processing date, please let me know. Mine is on 22nd Jan 2003, still I haven't heard anything from my Attorney and AVM still says Recieved.. :confused:

- rr

rgojji said:
Hi gp111 and others,

If anyone know about the current processing date, please let me know. Mine is on 22nd Jan 2003, still I haven't heard anything from my Attorney and AVM still says Recieved.. :confused:

- rr

I understand your anxiety my is 1/31/03. DOL is still processing January 22, 2003, but waint until next Tuesday to check. I noticed that AVM is not update every day.

Acquistion, Please answer

My State RD is 09/2003. My company has been acquired by other company.
The transaction will be completed in three months.

By that time, it will reach the Federal level, where should I send the supporting papers(State or Federal office)? and when should I send the papers(before or after transaction completion)?

One more question, My H1b is valid until 03/02/2006. Should I apply for H1b Transfer or no need for it?

thank you...

gp111 said:
nikedude

**** YES

every year ?

**** Only if you want to travel outside US !

Thanks gp111.

DOL - Processing times

Hello everybody, I just joined the forum last week.

I have been waiting for several years for my green card process, and last thing I know is that my application for the DOL entered last september.
When I call the number that shows up in my applcation letter, it says that as of July 2004, they are going through the ones received by January 2003!
My questions are:
* How long does this step take?
* Once I receive the DOL, is it that after 180 days I can switch jobs?
* Is there any way of opting for a fastTrack at any stage from now on?

I appreciate any answers or quides that I can read.
Thank you.
"goal_GC"

Stuck to Jan 2003

This is 7th week since they are stuck on Jan 2003... I wonder what is taking them too long ?? If DOL is gonna keep the same pace it will be years before it can approve cases received in 2003 end or 2004 !

goal_gc

* How long does this step take?

>>>> Million dollar question, no one know the exact answer.. it is taking 1 day to 1 year !!

* Once I receive the DOL, is it that after 180 days I can switch jobs?

>>> You can only change job after 180 days of I-485 receipt date using AC-21. But if your company is willing to continue evenif you left, you can change job anytime.

* Is there any way of opting for a fastTrack at any stage from now on?

>>> not as such.. only hope is if you qualified for EB-2 & picked up by the CSC pilot project, you may get GC faster.

gp111 said:
This is 7th week since they are stuck on Jan 2003... I wonder what is taking them too long ?? If DOL is gonna keep the same pace it will be years before it can approve cases received in 2003 end or 2004 !

DOL sucks! I've been always wondering what they do everyday using our tax!

Either could be a 3 letter option or maybe they are stuck somewhere.
rgojji said:
Hi gp111 and others,

- rr

Status
Not open for further replies.