San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Congratulations to htammana !!

I checked AVM. Did not hear anything from lawyer. However I did confirm my case number from the lawyer. The original number I had was from searching on http://www.flcdatacenter.com/casesearchperm.asp and guessing my case number by elimination process. But now that I confirmed the case number with lawyer and checked on AVM I know for sure mine is approved. At this point I'm waiting for the "AEC approval". I'm quoting the lawyers here and dont really know what AEC means. Whats interesting is that a co-worker of mine who applied to state on the exact same date but his application was sent to DOL 12/9/2002 (week before mine) and his status is still "RECEIVED". But his DOT code is 999.151-071 which is different from mine. So I really dont know whats going on. In the meanwhile I'm very excited and getting all my paperwork ready for concurrent filing. I heard from our lawyers that california service center has started to implement from 4/5/04 a new pilot program which tries to adjudicate I-140 & I-485 applications within 90 days!!! Has anyone heard about this?
Originally posted by DesiPardesii
htammana, congratulations. I know one more person having same code and same RD. I checked AVM and he is still in received status.

Have you heard about status from Lawyer or AVM?

Someone pointed out that how come 12/16 has many cases but not heard about 12/17 cases. Does it work weekly or something.

Re: Re: Re: Attorney Update!

On a randon search we dont see any cases under process beyond Decmber 2002.

Please get clarified whether it was california. and NOT Seatle Washington which are also being processed at California.

Thanks
mnhr

Originally posted by Ray S.
This the exact one line email I recd. from my attorney, she is generally careful about what she tells me.

"DOL is working on February 2003 cases"

Travel Issues during 7th year extension pending

This is a repost from H1 forum. Apparantly that's a slow one and didn't get any response for one day. Thought if the GURUs here can shed any light:

My six year is expiring in June. As my LCA is pending for more than a year, we applied for 7th year ext. in Jan '04. Now here are my questions (assuming I don't do Premium Processoing):
1. If my wife have to travel before June (with valid h4 papers) and wait until our extension comes thru from INS and I send them to India to her for stamping. Then she stamps it from India. Why that's not a possibility?
2. If she needs to travel after June with same model why its a problem?
Obviously we are NOT talking about plesure trips here ... I am contemplating the possibility of emergency sitiuations which will even not give me time for Prem. Processing.

Thanks in advance ...
pagla

just possible this monday avm says they are processing cases between july 2002 to feb 2003 ..............lets see
tony
Originally posted by worker_bee
I think the paranoia about the DOL dates may not be justified, after all.

When DOL says it's working on a case dated so-and-so, all it means is the latest date of a LC it has seen is that date. It doesn't mean that LCs with RD prior to that are all processed.

If what Ray says is true, DOL might have just started working on Feb '03 cases, while still churning away cases as far back as July '02.

Certified.

Hi Folks,

I got an email from the lawyer's firm that my case has been certified. Thought I would let you all know.

Timeline:
-----------
Priority date
08/17/2001

Reached DOL
06/26/2002

NOF/RFE
05/01/2003
2 option letter: remand to state or
retest. Retest option chosen.

Retest results sent
07/01/2003

NOF/RFE
01/11/2004
Don't know why. Unknown docs sent
to DOL. Lawyer was not forthcoming.

Certified
04/27/2004

Big bay area company with layoffs in
2001 and 2002.

RIR with MS+0 was filed.

I had worked for 5 months as an intern
in the US before I joined this company
and a year in India when the MS+0 app
was filed. But, only the 5 months was
mentioned in the application I guess.

No case number provided.

Best of luck to all who are waiting. This
forum has been very helpful to me.
Hopefully I have contributed to it in
some way. Please keep the information
flowing.

Thanks,
lsk_gc

Re: Re: Re: Re: Attorney Update!

I agree with mnhrdc. Could someone please be a hero and find out specifically if it is true DOL is processing in 2003 *and*, just as important, in which state(s). Mnhrdc is right. SF DOL is responsible for more than just CA. So, when people post the month that DOL is processing, it becomes very important to indicate what state(s) they are referencing. Thank you all.

Originally posted by mnhrdc

Please get clarified whether it was california. and NOT Seatle Washington which are also being processed at California.

Thanks
mnhr

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Attorney Update!

Seattle RIR (being processed @ SF DOL) current date is "OCT 03"... so this can't be it.

I have asked my attorney & the response was "DOL MAY BE processing cases received between July 02 to Feb 03 as each individual officer in DOL handles bunch of cases & move on to next bunch when he finished with his current load... there is chance that one team is working on Dec-15 to 31, anothet on Jan-1 to 15 and so on.." He is gonna contact DOL today & I will update you guys as soon as he gets back to me !!

thanks

Originally posted by WaitngPatiently
I agree with mnhrdc. Could someone please be a hero and find out specifically if it is true DOL is processing in 2003 *and*, just as important, in which state(s). Mnhrdc is right. SF DOL is responsible for more than just CA. So, when people post the month that DOL is processing, it becomes very important to indicate what state(s) they are referencing. Thank you all.

Regarding AVM

Hello,

I am new to this forum and have found it very helpful and informative. My DOL date is 2/6/2003. Since I read in your postings that they may be processing Feb 2003 cases I have tried to call the AVM but the phone just keeps ringing. (415-975-4617). Is this the correct number?

Thanks

Folks,
My case was remanded in June'03. I was told that my application was filled under RIR with 0 exp ( Even though I had more than 5 years of exp when they filed my applicatin that to me is Insane ).

Is anybody got approved in the same time frame like mine??

Please let em know. I know many feel the same way ...its really frustrating...

India is shining may be we are wasting our time here!!!

Thanks.

ssw_gc
yeah, that is correct number for individual cases (415-975-4617).. sometimes it happens (phone just keeps ringing)...try after couple of hours.

Re: Travel Issues during 7th year extension pending

I was in the same dilema 8months ago, at that time I was waiting for my 8th year extension. I did it in premium processing and got the approval after my wife left for India. I sent her the papers and she got the visa stamped in India and travelled back last week. No problems. Only questions she was asked were about my employment.

The drop box procedure is taking a little longer than two weeks, if you guys want a faster way go in person for Visa.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by pagla
This is a repost from H1 forum. Apparantly that's a slow one and didn't get any response for one day. Thought if the GURUs here can shed any light:

My six year is expiring in June. As my LCA is pending for more than a year, we applied for 7th year ext. in Jan '04. Now here are my questions (assuming I don't do Premium Processoing):
1. If my wife have to travel before June (with valid h4 papers) and wait until our extension comes thru from INS and I send them to India to her for stamping. Then she stamps it from India. Why that's not a possibility?
2. If she needs to travel after June with same model why its a problem?
Obviously we are NOT talking about plesure trips here ... I am contemplating the possibility of emergency sitiuations which will even not give me time for Prem. Processing.

Thanks in advance ...
pagla

Labor and H1 question..

Hi Guys,

I need some help/suggestions in the following situation.

My Current H1 expiring on 03/20/05.By that time I will be completing 5 years and 3 months on my H1.
So I am left with 9 months on my h1 visa for 6 years to complete.My current LC is pending more than
a year with SF(San francisco).My DOL received date is June ,16,2003.My questions are as follows

1)If I want to apply for My H1 extension is it better to apply 9 months alone or is it better to apply 9 months +
1 year ( 7th year labor extension as per AC21 rule)...

2)Is it better to apply my h1 before six months of expiry or Just a month before h1 expiry date?

Any help/suggestions will be appreciated.Thanks

Labor Substitution & I-140 in different processing center

hi,

My company is shutting down its San Jose Office. Some of us are getting relocated to other states. Can i use some approved labor in california and apply for I-140 and I-485 in other processing centers( TSC or VSC).

Please advise.

Regards,
Raj

I don't think so to my knowledge.Reason is when you file the labor in ETA-770 A form attorny will be specifying the INS processing center I think..But in CA approved labor if INS processing center is specified as CA then I don't think you can file 140 & 485 in other states..I'm just telling you what I know.Please do not take this for granted.

backlog reduction news

does anyone know more about this?

DOL : Two More Immigration Regulations Pending at OMB

The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) submitted two additional immigration regulations to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) on April 19, 2004. One of the additional regulations pertains to labor certification backlog reduction. The other relates to the H1B program attestation requirements. As many MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers may know, the PERM regulation was submitted to the OMB on February 23, 2004, and we are still awaiting the OMB's decision before it can be published in the Federal Register. Publication in the Federal Register is necessary before regulations can become effective.

Labor Certification Backlog Reduction

The first regulation is an interim final rule. This means that, if the OMB approves it for publication in the Federal Register, the DOL will request comments, but it will go into effect within a specified timeframe without waiting for review of the comments and any related revisions. The interim final rule is a backlog reduction plan for permanent labor certifications. Many states and regions are still processing labor certification cases from 2001. We are hopeful that this plan will address those backlogs to improve processing times for all such cases. Because we are unable to review the interim final rule until the OMB approves it and the DOL publishes it in the Federal Register, it is not clear whether and how this regulation will interact with the still-pending PERM program.

Still in remand

Folks,

My time lin....

Dot code: 999.151-051
Priority date at DOL : October 2002
Auto Remanded to SWA: July 19, 2003
Company: A large software company in LA
Labor filed with BS + 1 year

AVM shows my case still remanded. Surpisingly the remand date is now October 20, 2003 and the recording time seems to be October 7, 2003. I never heard the message "Case moved back to DOL after remand". As per carlson memo my case is eligible to return to DOL after remand. Does anyone else in this forum have a similar situation?

My lawyer has not been able to speak with the EDD people. He claims he leaves messges and no one replies back. Can anyone guide me what should we do. What number should we use for EDD to find out my case details?

Thanks

how to find labor case number

Are there any ways to find my labor case number? My labor has been filed on 11/11/2002. And transmitted to DOL on 09/12/2003. I am working for a big firm(bank) in LA area. My employer doesn't provide case number and I don't have access to lawyer.

Thanks in advance

DOL processing

I have a friend who got approved with RD of 12/19. His application was in engineering. I don't know much about his application but it's good to know DOL is now working on the 19th cases.

Good luck all

Status
Not open for further replies.