San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certifications are moving at a rapid pace but the sheer volume of cases is the drag. I believe, you still have quite a lot of time to wait. However, things can change when the proposed backlog reduction center gets established.

Originally posted by Raju_2004
Hi all,
I work for a major IT firm in Redwood city, and my RD @ DOL is 2/15/2003. How long would you think DOL will take to consider my case.
Thanks

will_get_there1,

1. It makes sense to decline the promotion ?

>>>>>>> Seems like a wise option. Double check with a good attorney.

2.Any work around possible (i.e. get promoted and later on get de-promoted ( to meet requirements for GC) ? I am sure number of others will also be facing the same situation.

>>>>>>> Check whether AC21 can apply to your case. Doubtful... because you have not even reached the 140/485 stage. I guess most people are passing up on promotions to Manager and hence you can see lots of frustration in this thread.

3 At what stages does it matter to hold the job with same job description ?

>>>>>>> When and if USCIS issues an RFE at the 485 stage. Before that, you company may also get into a Catch22 situation at 140 stage itself. They have already promoted you and yet can they file 140 for a lower job.

>>>>>>> Another option, explore possible filing under EB1 Category as Manager. However, I think u need to have quite a number of years of experience 10 years or so, and an advanced degree. Not sure... but worth checking out. In this case, you may be able to bypass the LC process and go directly to 140/485.

>>>>>>> Best advise ... spend some money and consult a good attorney.

Best of Luck.

Is DOL telephone auto-answer system (415-975-4617) accurate? I checked my case status on the phone and it told me my LC is certified. But my lawyer hasn't gotten any update from DOL and the website www.flcdatacenter.com also doesn't update the change.

Re: Re: Is anyone here on the same boat?

Originally posted by lsk_gc
I got a 2-option letter: retest or remand to state in June, 2003. Lawyer had sent the retest results in June itself. Have not heard anything, inspite of the lawyer sending 3 fax-enquiries. Now, the lawyer has stopped sending faxes. I do not blame her. Nothing to do but wait. :(

Regarding a new thread, can you please clarify why we would need that??

lsk_gc

I mentioned to setup a new thread if there're quite a bit people on the same boat as us because this forum is for a more general purpose. However, only you and mkmunir replied to my post so far. And mkmunir just got the 3-option letter recently. Actually only you and me are sharing the same kind of frustration (wait for another 8 months after retesting the job market without any response).

Let's keep each other posted.

heha

Check for couple of time, dial in again after some time, and then again the next day. Sometimes, the AVM gets messed up and gives wrong information. flcdatacenter is not updated regularly. Also it will be a while (I cant quantify, since I have not yet got my LC yet) before the lawyer receives the papers.

Most probably you are certified, so enjoy. Would you mind posting your details, Job code, job requirement (Education, experience), your priority dates etc.

Originally posted by windrv
Is DOL telephone auto-answer system (415-975-4617) accurate? I checked my case status on the phone and it told me my LC is certified. But my lawyer hasn't gotten any update from DOL and the website www.flcdatacenter.com also doesn't update the change.

Babaloo,

What do you mean with "Proposed Backlog Reduction Center". Is that something rumored out there?

Thanks

Originally posted by babaloo
Certifications are moving at a rapid pace but the sheer volume of cases is the drag. I believe, you still have quite a lot of time to wait. However, things can change when the proposed backlog reduction center gets established.

Originally posted by babaloo
will_get_there1,

1. It makes sense to decline the promotion ?

>>>>>>> Seems like a wise option. Double check with a good attorney.

2.Any work around possible (i.e. get promoted and later on get de-promoted ( to meet requirements for GC) ? I am sure number of others will also be facing the same situation.

>>>>>>> Check whether AC21 can apply to your case. Doubtful... because you have not even reached the 140/485 stage. I guess most people are passing up on promotions to Manager and hence you can see lots of frustration in this thread.

3 At what stages does it matter to hold the job with same job description ?

>>>>>>> When and if USCIS issues an RFE at the 485 stage. Before that, you company may also get into a Catch22 situation at 140 stage itself. They have already promoted you and yet can they file 140 for a lower job.

>>>>>>> Another option, explore possible filing under EB1 Category as Manager. However, I think u need to have quite a number of years of experience 10 years or so, and an advanced degree. Not sure... but worth checking out. In this case, you may be able to bypass the LC process and go directly to 140/485.

>>>>>>> Best advise ... spend some money and consult a good attorney.

Best of Luck.

Is it possible for you to at least continue doing some Engg. level work ? Because you are generally allowed to add on new responsibility and duties, you may ask your company to give you the promotion but keep the same job title and add on your new responsibility to your existing duties.
Talk to your lawyer & hr though.

Checkout www.immigration-law.com Article dt 02/10/2004: DOL Schedule for PERM Program and Backlog Reduction Centers

Quote - The Backlog Reduction program may be in a different schedule. It appears that as soon as the appropriation becomes available within the DOL, it is likely that the DOL will launch the two Backlog Reduction Centers to process the horribly backlogged cases in a number of states, particularly the "ten biggies."- Endquote

Originally posted by runaway73
Babaloo,

What do you mean with "Proposed Backlog Reduction Center". Is that something rumored out there?

Thanks

available at http://www.immigration-law.com/

Yesterday, February 23, 2004, OMB received the PERM regulation from the DOL for its review, which is the first step to launch the PERM permanent labor certification application. Once the OMB approves the PERM, it will be published in the Federal Register as late as 90 days from February 23. Reportedly, the regulation will provide that the effective date or launch date of the PERM will be 120 days from the publication. It appears, though, it may be too early to start recruitment campaign for the PERM filing as the details of the recruitment requirement have yet to be released through the publication of the rule in the Federal Register.
:rolleyes:

Re: Re: Re: Is anyone here on the same boat?

Originally posted by heha

Actually only you and me are sharing the same kind of frustration (wait for another 8 months after retesting the job market without any response).

Let's keep each other posted.

heha

Okay dokey.

I will keep you/forum posted with what happens on my case. When the processing date was moved back to May 2002, I was hoping that DOL will pick up all the RFE'ed cases. But, the date has moved back to November 2002, and I have not heard anything w.r.t my case.

Let us see what happens.

Best wishes,
lsk_gc

Re: Re: Re: Re: Is anyone here on the same boat?

Hi, I am in the same boat as you guys.

I got 3-options in April 2003 and the lawyer sent back market-retesting response in mid June, 2003. Haven't heard of anything back from DOL since then. The lawyer sent inquires but heard nothing back.

Originally posted by lsk_gc
Okay dokey.

I will keep you/forum posted with what happens on my case. When the processing date was moved back to May 2002, I was hoping that DOL will pick up all the RFE'ed cases. But, the date has moved back to November 2002, and I have not heard anything w.r.t my case.

Let us see what happens.

Best wishes,
lsk_gc

Hi All,

My case (BS+0 experience) has been remanded in June'2003, and my hopes on getting the approval in Regular from California are diminishing, hence I have decided to join a different company based out of Illinois.

Could someone please answer the following questions? I know it's not appropriate to this thread but if someone can I would appreciate it.

1. If I decided to get H1 transfer to new company (premium processing), upon the transfer is done will I be able to work for my old company for some more time? Can I ask for an effective date on the H1 when applying for transfer?

2. What should I do for H4? Do I need to get it transferred the same time or can I do it later upon
Receiving my I-797 form from new employer. If there is a time gap between the two, will that be
considered as out of status?

3. VISA stamping in the passport, we (my wife and myself) have it valid till Jan'2005. If I get new
H1 (transfer), can I use the same old VISA until Jan'05 or should I get the VISA re-issued as well.

Hope you do not mind answering my questions.

Regards
BP

Originally posted by bp333

1. If I decided to get H1 transfer to new company (premium processing), upon the transfer is done will I be able to work for my old company for some more time? Can I ask for an effective date on the H1 when applying for transfer?

--> Yes you can. You can more than H1s simultaniously but at any time you can be on the payroll of only one company. You can continue working for your old company as long as you wish.

2. What should I do for H4? Do I need to get it transferred the same time or can I do it later upon
Receiving my I-797 form from new employer. If there is a time gap between the two, will that be
considered as out of status?

---> I dont think you need to file them together. But as your wife's H4 is valid upto Jan 05, You can wait until Dec 2004 or whatever date is appropriate and file extension with your H1

3. VISA stamping in the passport, we (my wife and myself) have it valid till Jan'2005. If I get new
H1 (transfer), can I use the same old VISA until Jan'05 or should I get the VISA re-issued as well.

--> You can use the same VISA.
Hope you do not mind answering my questions.

Regards
BP

3 option letter

We work for a mid-size company in bayarea with no layoffs. In December, we got the
3 option letter since our DOL application was filed with MS+0 years
of experience.Replied to DOL in Feb before the 60 day deadline. Our
batchmate, got his DOL approval yesterday. His case is identical to
ours. Can we query DOL about the difference in the 2 cases. One got
the 3 option letter and other approved.

At last..

There's hope guys!

Case certified per AVM. Haven't heard from lawyer yet though.

DOL RD Nov 22, 2002
Certified on Feb 25, 2004
DOT - 999.151.051

Position required Bachelors + 5 yrs exp.

Wishing good luck to everyone.

Certified

Hello All,
I just checked the AVM. Case is certified. I hope there is no mistake in AVM. Have not heard anything from lawyer yet. Any idea how many days will it take before the lawyer recvs the paper work?

SESA PRIORITY DATE: 11/18/2001
DOL RD: 11/16/2002
DOT: 999.172.072 (Position was system analyst but got this DOT)
CASE: 0953****
Work exp: MS + 1yr

Big company with layoff. Good luck to everyone. Hope to see'll in I-140 thread soon.

Regards,
Nikita

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks.

My case info:
DOL rd: 11/2/20002
Requirement: BS+0 (I have MS+3)
Company size: tiny (20+ people)
DOT code: 999.151 - 021 (Programmer)
Certified on: Feb 20, 2004 (from AVM, not yet received from layawer)

We are requested to re-test market once.

Bless to everybody here. Since I can get LC certified, you can, too!

Originally posted by lca_001
Check for couple of time, dial in again after some time, and then again the next day. Sometimes, the AVM gets messed up and gives wrong information. flcdatacenter is not updated regularly. Also it will be a while (I cant quantify, since I have not yet got my LC yet) before the lawyer receives the papers.

Most probably you are certified, so enjoy. Would you mind posting your details, Job code, job requirement (Education, experience), your priority dates etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is good news, BS+0 requirement people getting certified is really good news, give me some hope.

Originally posted by windrv
Thanks.

My case info:
DOL rd: 11/2/20002
Requirement: BS+0
Company size: tiny (20+ people)
DOT code: 999.151 - 021
Certified on: Feb 20, 2004 (from AVM, not yet received from layawer)

We are requested to re-test market once.

Bless to everybody here. Since I can get LC certified, you can, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.