San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
AVM is more accurate

according to some lawyers...

btw is there anyone in biotech with chemist dot code and RD at DOL later than Nov2002 who has got approval??

Pundits & guru's need some inputs.

I am a regular reader on this thread and have little concern about experience quoted in application.

My Attorney says my application filed under second prefrence with requirements of MS or in liue of advance degree a BS with progressive 5 yrs experiece.

I have BS+10Yrs. but it is filed as BS+5yrs under second preference.

What does this exactly mean, and what are repercussion with the recent Carlson Memo on my appln.

Thanks in advance for comments from Gurus and Pundits from this forum.

mnhrdc

Is anyone here on the same boat?

My RD is 5/20/2002, DOT 999-151-032 (software engineer).

Got 3-option letter in late April 2003, job market was retested and the result was submitted in mid-June.

We haven't heard anything from DOL since then.
According to my lawyer, they have sent formal inquiry to DOL twice but got no response.

I'm wondering if there's anyone in this forum is in the similar situation. If there're many, should we setup another thread to keep track of these cases?

heha
2/23/04

mnhrdc

What your lawyer is talking about is EB2 vs EB3.

EB3 is the regular category for skilled workers
EB2 requires MS or BS + 5 yrs progressive exp.

These EB2/EB3 categories come in to effect only from I140 stage.

If your labor is pending your point of concern should be, the requirement for your labor i.e MS + 0 or BS + 3 etc.

If in case your lawyer has filed the LC requiring BS +5 (which I doubt) it is good for you. Check the Labor Certification Application for that info. or contact your lawyer. Check other threads if in case you want to get more about EB2/EB3.

Bottom Line MS + 0; BS +3 is good for LC per Carlson Memo.

Mnhrdc,

I agree with Titan01.

Now in your case, the 750A might most likely be indicating a MS or BS+5. Now it remains to be seen whether DOL will interpret this as a MS+0 or BS+5. Your past experience is not relevant here, but the minimum requirement on 750A is. So keep your fingers crossed but there is certainly hope.

Hello Heha,
I am in a situation like your, but in my case, I received the 3 options letter on Feb 10 2004. My company is still working on re-testing the market. From the looks of it, the whole picture dosen't look good. You have been waiting for another 8 months already. I don't know how long will I have to wait, I am really getting sick and tired of this whole situation. We are suffering becasue our I..... Lawers followed the driection from DOL when they initially filed out cases, and now we are totally screwed. Hope things get better. If you hear anything regarding your case, please do post it here.

Thanks,

Re: Is anyone here on the same boat?

Originally posted by heha
My RD is 5/20/2002, DOT 999-151-032 (software engineer).
Got 3-option letter in late April 2003, job market was retested and the result was submitted in mid-June.
We haven't heard anything from DOL since then. According to my lawyer, they have sent formal inquiry to DOL twice but got no response.
I'm wondering if there's anyone in this forum is in the similar situation. If there're many, should we setup another thread to keep track of these cases?
2/23/04

I got a 2-option letter: retest or remand to state in June, 2003. Lawyer had sent the retest results in June itself. Have not heard anything, inspite of the lawyer sending 3 fax-enquiries. Now, the lawyer has stopped sending faxes. I do not blame her. Nothing to do but wait. :(

Regarding a new thread, can you please clarify why we would need that??

Comp Hardware eng

Hi all,
I am a new member.
Just wondering if any computer Hardware eng LCs have been approved recently. My LC was filed from a big bay area company with MS+0 . Do anyone of you whether I stand any chance at all ... or how the scenario is for computer Hardware eng LCs.
My PD @ DOL is ~ 9/2003. Any idea when I can expect a reply from DOL ?

-Thank you very much for your time.

Thanks Titan01,Babloo

My Lawyer says that on Appln 750A they have indicated BS+5.

I am little confused, do we have another LC appln form. if so please let me know the form no. or Line no where expereince is indicated. So i will ask the question back to Attorney.

Thanks
mnhrdc

Originally posted by babaloo
Mnhrdc,

I agree with Titan01.

Now in your case, the 750A might most likely be indicating a MS or BS+5. Now it remains to be seen whether DOL will interpret this as a MS+0 or BS+5. Your past experience is not relevant here, but the minimum requirement on 750A is. So keep your fingers crossed but there is certainly hope.

Re: Comp Hardware eng

Is your application with SWA or with the Regional DOL?

If SWA received it in 9/2003, then it will take about one year to reach Regional DOL. After that it may take yet another year or more for the regional DOL to look at your application (going by current processing speeds).

If it is already with Regional DOL, then still have several months before they even look at your case. As of now, San Francisco DOL is processing applications they received in Nov 2002.

Originally posted by solaris_7874
Hi all,
I am a new member.
Just wondering if any computer Hardware eng LCs have been approved recently. My LC was filed from a big bay area company with MS+0 . Do anyone of you whether I stand any chance at all ... or how the scenario is for computer Hardware eng LCs.
My PD @ DOL is ~ 9/2003. Any idea when I can expect a reply from DOL ?

-Thank you very much for your time.

Hello All,

My case was Auto Remanded in June 2003, and the returned to DOL on Jan 5th, ever since it has been saying :Returned by state after a Remand.
I checked with my HR person, who informed me that they had received an RFE and were in the process of responding to the RFE.
By the way my case was filled with a MS + 2yrs work experience requirement. I personally have MS + 6 yrs of Work experience at the time of filling the labor application (ie oct 2001)

Thanks global_goonda.

Hi global_goonda.,
Thak you for your reply.
My lawyer told me that my application went to DOL (after clearing SESA) on 9/2003.
He also said that they might get to my case in Sept.
I hope things are easy for Comp H/W engineers... I was told that it approval depends a lot on the profession/experience.
I am particularly worried as I have MS+ 0 yrs exp. Moreover our company has had a few layoffs... although our division is and has been hiring .

-Thank once again.

Promotion and LC

Hi All,
I have been a silent reader for a while, this is the best forums that I have found for LC and greatly respect all of your openion / information.
My question is: What impact will a promotion have on my pending LC ?

Thanks for help.

Nkelkar

Looks like your HR / Lawyer would have got 3 option letter. Make sure the Re-advertisement process is going properly.

Since its your case, you might wanna be on top of this as you are very close to get the decision from DOL.

Re: Thanks global_goonda.

Use this site to get information about labor certification.
http://www.flcdatacenter.com/casesearchperm.asp

You can then anlayze the certification trend for your particular company and your DOT code v/s other companies. This may help give you an idea of how the layoffs have affected LC certification for cases filed by your company with the same DOT code.

If you are really patient, then find a few cases from your company with the same DOT code (you can get all this from the above site). Then call up the SF-DOL automated status line to monitor these cases to see how they fare in DOL-land. (search the DOL site for the SF-DOL telephone number)

Keep in mind that the information available on the website is not fully current - it tends to be updated every couple of months rather than daily.

Originally posted by solaris_7874
Hi global_goonda.,
Thak you for your reply.
My lawyer told me that my application went to DOL (after clearing SESA) on 9/2003.
He also said that they might get to my case in Sept.
I hope things are easy for Comp H/W engineers... I was told that it approval depends a lot on the profession/experience.
I am particularly worried as I have MS+ 0 yrs exp. Moreover our company has had a few layoffs... although our division is and has been hiring .

-Thank once again.

Re: Promotion and LC

That will depend on the type of promotion you are getting. If it is from say Engineer to Senior engineer where the job description is the same, then you are good. But if you change from a engineering position to say a managerial position you will need to refile your LC.

HTH,
Originally posted by will_get_there1
Hi All,
I have been a silent reader for a while, this is the best forums that I have found for LC and greatly respect all of your openion / information.

Thanks for help.

Hi all,
I work for a major IT firm in Redwood city, and my RD @ DOL is 2/15/2003. How long would you think DOL will take to consider my case.
Thanks

Thanks HTH001.

Unfortunately the change is from Engg. posotion to managerial position and I am wondering if

1. It makes sense to decline the promotion :( ?

2.Any work around possible (i.e. get promoted and later on get de-promoted ( to meet requirements for GC) ? I am sure number of others will also be facing the same situation.

3 At what stages does it matter to hold the job with same job description ?

Thanks Again.

That will depend on the type of promotion you are getting. If it is from say Engineer to Senior engineer where the job description is the same, then you are good. But if you change from a engineering position to say a managerial position you will need to refile your LC.

HTH,

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by will_get_there1
Hi All,

Thanks for help.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.