San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: Certified -- finally

I am in Palo Alto.

Originally posted by JDW
Congratulations! 008,

Could you tell us where are you located? Bay Area, Southern California or Nevada?

-JDW

Anyone with RD 11/21/2002 or later?

Anyone with Regional RD Nov21st 2002 or later and dot code for s/w engineers etc, and got certified, please post.

Thanks
CSrini1

Good News?

Not if they change it back to May 2002 again next month....:eek:

Originally posted by cala
DOL Processing time is back to Nov.2002 now. Seems good news.

Processing time updated in Feb

Employer Choosen Remanded cases

Hi Guys,

Any news about the employer choosen Remanded cases that meet carlon memo requirement of BE + 3 years or MS + 0.5 years exp? Any certifications?

Thanks
jinx

I checked a few cases this morning, some early November cases (around 11/07) have been certified, but not all of them, and the certification date is around 12/20/03 nothing in this month, so I think DOL is just playing around with the processing dates to keep people off track.

Originally posted by cala
DOL Processing time is back to Nov.2002 now. Seems good news.

Processing time updated in Feb

Re: Employer Choosen Remanded cases

None that I know of. If somebody has received a LC in this category or knows something about it, please post it here.

Originally posted by jinx
Hi Guys,

Any news about the employer choosen Remanded cases that meet carlon memo requirement of BE + 3 years or MS + 0.5 years exp? Any certifications?

Thanks
jinx

Certifications

I came to know that of some of my friends who got their labour certifications in the past two to three weeks. Their was previously auto remanded They all worked for major companies in bay area and had receipt dates around OCT 2002 and NOV 2002. In fact one of my friend's lc who's receipt date was feb 2003 is also cleared last week without any queries. Mine is Dec dated and I am still waiting. Hoping to hear some good news.

PD- Jan 2002
DOL Rd Dec 30 2002
Status - Received

AVM et al...

So I used the FLCDatacenter to get information about my case. I then tried calling the AVM number I got from my friend (415-975-4617) to find out my status. To my surprise the automated message did not ask for my case number or anything but asked for my employer's TaxId number. Once I entered the tax id number the automated message said that there are no cases pending at this time. But I know for a fact that atleast 3 people in our company are waiting for approval from DOL after clearing state.

So I'm wondering if I used an incorrect AVM number or if there is any other way of knowing the status. I'm also considering visiting DOL office in SF. Does anyone know the address?

My application was received by DOL 12/6/2002 and I know the DOL website says they are processing only Nov 2002. But I have seen in the FLCDatacenter that some applications received in Dec'2002 have been "Certified" :confused:

Any help is much appreciated!!

htammana

If I'm not mistaken you are choosing the wrong option and you are hearing things for LCA

LC = Permenant App's (Case # or Employer Phone # needed to get the case info)
LCA = H1 related. (Tax Id)

415-975-4617 and then press 1 for the Permenant Labor Cert.

Status update

DOT Code : 999.151-041
Received Regional Office: 05/23/2002
Remand Issued to State: 05/09/2003 (not an automated remand. they asked for additional documents)
Returned to DOL from SESA: 09/02/2003
NOF Issued: 02/11/2004
Job requirement: BS in CS+O exp
Company size and location: A very small company in the Bay area

My case has seen everything that DOL has to offer. Although my case retained DOL PD 05/23/2002, I did not see any progress after Sept 2nd 2003. I was frustrated and asked my employer to find a new lawyer who can call DOL and ask them to process my case ASAP. We finally found a lawyer and after playing phone tags with them for over a month, DOL agreed to review my case in a week.

Although I'm not very optimistic about the outcome from this NOF, I'm glad that I will know the good/bad news soon.

Is this true

Certifications
I came to know that of some of my friends who got their labour certifications in the past two to three weeks. Their was previously auto remanded They all worked for major companies in bay area and had receipt dates around OCT 2002 and NOV 2002. *****************************In fact one of my friend's lc who's receipt date was feb 2003 is also cleared last week without any queries************************************ Mine is Dec dated and I am still waiting. Hoping to hear some good news.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vow is this ture.. if so is the person whose labor received by DOL in Feb 2003 is cleared .. is he/she a software engineer

Thanks
Ravi

Re: Is this true

Possible for B Gates company,
Looks where your HQ is located matters.
Search on tracker you find they have cleared for April 2003 cases.

Originally posted by ravi_kiran99
Certifications
I came to know that of some of my friends who got their labour certifications in the past two to three weeks. Their was previously auto remanded They all worked for major companies in bay area and had receipt dates around OCT 2002 and NOV 2002. *****************************In fact one of my friend's lc who's receipt date was feb 2003 is also cleared last week without any queries************************************ Mine is Dec dated and I am still waiting. Hoping to hear some good news.

Vow is this ture.. if so is the person whose labor received by DOL in Feb 2003 is cleared .. is he/she a software engineer

Thanks
Ravi

Gurus please respond

I got the 3 option letter from DOL after my case was "returned by state after a remand"

I had MS+6months before this job, but my case was filed as MS+0.

I have these questions. It will be really helpful if someone who knows about this can respond.

1) If we decide to retest the market, and subsequently find that there are too many resumes, can we then choose the option of remanding the application? Since we have 60 days for replying, and only two weeks to advertise, I think this should be possible, but we would like to know the correct rule regarding this.
2) If we choose the option to retest, submit the resumes and if then, that is rejected, then will the application be automatically remanded to the SWA? Or does it mean something else?
3) The memo does say that requirements can be changed, if the requirements are changed, then does this go back to SWA or does DOL look at this?

Thanks a lot.

Re: Gurus please respond

Originally posted by gkmhan
I got the 3 option letter from DOL after my case was "returned by state after a remand"
--Me too

I had MS+6months before this job, but my case was filed as MS+0.
--Mine too filed with bs+5 OR ms+0 even though I have BS+10

I have these questions. It will be really helpful if someone who knows about this can respond.

1) If we decide to retest the market, and subsequently find that there are too many resumes, can we then choose the option of remanding the application
--Sure your employer can choose one of the three options, it can be remanded to state in 60 days. Don't worry about too many resumes, according to new guidelines you can append new requirements to existing position, look exactly at the hard copy of resume you attached with your LC, pick few skills from that which is very rare in US, some thing you have unique.

Since we have 60 days for replying, and only two weeks to advertise, I think this should be possible, but we would like to know the correct rule regarding this.
2) If we choose the option to retest, submit the resumes and if then, that is rejected, then will the application be automatically remanded to the SWA? Or does it mean something else?
--NO, you will get a Intention to deny from DOL, you can apeal for it, before you get a final deny. But I decided to forget it, if I get intention to deny
3) The memo does say that requirements can be changed, if the requirements are changed, then does this go back to SWA or does DOL look at this?
--Yes, DOL should look at it. We have retested the market with some added skills, we got only 2 resumes, we replyed to DOL on 02/06/2004, I will update you guys with results

Thanks a lot.

Re: Is this true

Originally posted by ravi_kiran99
Certifications

Thanks
Ravi

Do DOL goes by DOT code or RD ??????
good to know nov/dec 2002 and feb.2003 is in pipeline ......though it is all confusing to mee
DOL SFO looks like guru dutt's movies
thanx
Tony

Philadelphia Region DOL Warns against Forum Shopping

A quick review of the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) Case-Processing Chart reflects that the time it takes to process a labor certification case, whether RIR or non-RIR, varies widely according to the location of filing. Although DOL processing is within the purview of federal law that should be uniform and consistent throughout the United States, the reality is different. The processing times for certain states is measured in years, while for other states it is measured in months. This disparity in processing times has provided an incentive to some companies to try establishing a proper basis for filing in the faster jurisdictions. The DOL has started to closely scrutinize these cases, at least in the Philadelphia and Boston Regions.

The USCIS announced on February 17, 2004, that the H1B Cap has been reached for fiscal year (FY) 2004. All petitions that fall under the cap that are received after the close of business on February 17, 2004, will be rejected. This means that all fees will be returned, along with the petitions. The USCIS will begin accepting cases that will fall under the FY2005 cap on April 1, 2004. These applications should request a start date of October 1, 2004, or later.

------------sheela murthy.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: Wishes&Luck case

Originally posted by hanuman_chalisa
>Has any of your friends applied for an appeal after there case got rejected?
H: My got rejected and my lawyer has appealed it.

>And if they apply for appeal can we apply for 7th year extension?
H: yes. In my case 7th extension was filed before rejection decision.

Wishes&Luck can you provide your Labor details (like, see my signature)

Thank you for your reponse. How long it is taking for the appeal cases? Do appeals normally go through?

How long ago was your case filed for an appeal?

Did you get your 7th year extension before your case was rejected ?

I don't remember the details of my case but will let you know in a day or 2.

thanks so much

Re: lsk_gc

Originally posted by Wishes&Luck
Thank you so much for your response.

Has any of your friends applied for an appeal after there case got rejected?

And if they apply for appeal can we apply for 7th year extension?

Hope your case come through.

Hang in there all will be well.

thank you LSK_gc

What is this 6 month period gap? Do we have to wait for 6 months before we can reapply?

thanks

Re: Re: lsk_gc

Yes, I guess once a application is rejected you cant apply for the same post for 6 months from the date of rejection.

Originally posted by Wishes&Luck
thank you LSK_gc

What is this 6 month period gap? Do we have to wait for 6 months before we can reapply?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.