San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
AVM says "Certified" !

Hi all,

DOL receipt date Oct 7 2002
DOT ...31
Experience req (BS+ 3 years )

AVM said "has been remanded to state " on July 18 2003

My lawyers heard nothing from DOL about remand (no letter )

Till last friday the case staus was "remanded"

On Dec 23rd AVM says staus as "recieved"

Today AVM says "ceritified on Dec 23rd"

Now I wait for my lawyers to contact me with the good news.

All the best to evryone.

Regards,
apms

Re: AVM says "Certified" !

Congratulations. So DOL is processing October cases!!

Originally posted by apms
Hi all,

DOL receipt date Oct 7 2002
DOT ...31
Experience req (BS+ 3 years )

AVM said "has been remanded to state " on July 18 2003

My lawyers heard nothing from DOL about remand (no letter )

Till last friday the case staus was "remanded"

On Dec 23rd AVM says staus as "recieved"

Today AVM says "ceritified on Dec 23rd"

Now I wait for my lawyers to contact me with the good news.

All the best to evryone.

Regards,
apms

HI piyushb,

Mine was received in DOL on sep 21st.After that its remanded on july 10th 2003.Still in the remand state!!!So what to conclude??

Regards
Raj

H1b filing

I am sorry for asking this question in this forum.But I feel that since most of you have gone through this stage, you might be able to help me.
My first 3years of H1B are going to complete in April 2004.
DOL receipt august 2003)
What are the things I need to do in order to get an extension of another 3 years?
( I am a New Zealand citizen but I was in Sydney Australia as a permanent resident when I applied for my H1B).

RIR LC Certified

Aug 2001 - LC filed San Francisco
Jul 2002 - DOL receipt date
Jun 2003 - Auto remand to California SWA (No NOF letter)
Dec 2003 - Certified

Position (software development) required BS + 5 years or equivalent. But I don't have the job code.

Best regards!

confused

hI GUYS,

I am thinking of moving to IOWA.
I have filed RIR 10/02 in AZ and CA DOT received 8/03.
I paid tons of money for it and had many problems with my company HR etc.

I am keeping thinking of changing my current job(structural engineer w/ PE) to Geotechnical engineer. I am sure I can't be successful in the structural field with foreign background especially in private company. Therefore, I am now considering of government job (Geotechnical engineer) in IOWA to get the greencard early and I think Geotechnical field is much better for my future. (I can¡¯t explain why but I feel it.)
Government will pay less than what I am paid but no discrimination, I think.
I am not sure if I should wait until I get the green card in the current job that I do not really like, or move to the field I like and lose money and the time I spent to my current RIR.
(This is my opinion but I think I am a slaver under the RIR/Greencard.)

I am not sure I can transfer my current H1B to any new work place or not.
I am not sure this is a good idea or not.
I am not sure I can get the greencard earlier there or not.
Everything is not sure¡¦¡¦.. (I do not even know why I am in the USA. It just happened.)

Please share your thought with me. I do not really know what to do and it is killing me.
:confused:

yjung,

I am not sure many in this thread will be able to acutally understand what you have written in your post, but I am sure that everybody here will be able to relate to the frustration that you are going through. We feel that our lives are on hold and that we cannot take decisions that any free/normal man would w.r.t. our careers and hence feel that we are slaves.

You have been patient all these years and are now able to see light at the end of the tunnel. Hang in there for a few more months and see how things go. With the rate of DOL approvals these days, your application might also get approved very soon !

The mind is a terrible thing, it can make heaven out of hell and hell out of heaven. Try to see the brighter side of things and take one day at a time. I do not want to sound like a preacher but I guess it is the best that we all can do at this point of time.

Best of luck

sfo dol phone number

can someone tell me what is the phone number for SFO DOL AVM? I have my case number with me, i need to find out the status, also pls let me know whether that phone number is an AVM during the working hours also, or should i have to call that phone number after office hours? Thanks for your reply.

Inconsitency

Dont know what DOL is doing?. The order in which they process cases are weird. Mine was remanded on July 14; Rd Oct 2 but AVM still says Remand, but cases cases after this date are getting approved randomly.

I understood ntac's approval pattern but not apms. It looks like apms lawyer did some thing or apms just got lucky. Either ways congrats u guys.

Priya25

SFO DOL Phone Retrieval System

415-975-4617

Press 1 for LC
Press 1 again if you know the Case #
Then enter Case # Vola!.

Hi Raj,

All I can say is be patient and hopeful. DOL seems to be processing September 2002 cases. Hopefully yours too would be received by DOL sometime soon and then certified.

Originally posted by RAJ!234
HI piyushb,

Mine was received in DOL on sep 21st.After that its remanded on july 10th 2003.Still in the remand state!!!So what to conclude??

Regards
Raj

Re: H1b filing

Your company lawyers should be able to handle all of it, the most they may ask you to provide is an updated resume.

Originally posted by spicensour
I am sorry for asking this question in this forum.But I feel that since most of you have gone through this stage, you might be able to help me.
My first 3years of H1B are going to complete in April 2004.
DOL receipt august 2003)
What are the things I need to do in order to get an extension of another 3 years?
( I am a New Zealand citizen but I was in Sydney Australia as a permanent resident when I applied for my H1B).

Hi ,

I am not sure what DOL is doing my case went in Aug 29 02 remanded on June 27 03.

My company hr informed me that my case is still pending(i am guessing in remanded state).

raj_sfo

Re: Inconsitency

Hi Titan01, Raj!23,
Here is why I think my case was certified even when it was received Oct 02.

The auto remand started in June. On July 16 AILA had meeting with DOL and convinced DOL to stop Auto remand until new guidelines are given.
My case was auto remanded just after that (July 18) .
My guess is all cases marked remanded on or after July 18th were not actually sent back to SESA.
Those cases were held at DOL just marked as "remanded".
Therefore AVM said "remanded" but my lawyer did not get any letter of that effect.

Now after new guidelines for RIR , when SESA started sending the cases back to DOL,
DOL also started look at cases pending at DOL itself with "remand" state. I think thats how my case got certified.
I am sure my lawyers did nothing.
My case and dates are very similar to one more case recently certified look at j1m's postings.(page 59, 60 of this forum)

I know 2 of my friends who have cases of late Sept. but still AVM shows it "remanded".
My guess is it will take a while for DOL to add those cases back to their system after SESA returns them.

But even if it takes time, as long as long your case satisfy the BS+3 / MS +6m criteria,
the chances of having case certified are very high.
So do not loose hope, something will work out soon.
I am also monitoring my friend's sept cases, if I hear anything I will post.

Regards,
apms

Originally posted by Titan01
Dont know what DOL is doing?. The order in which they process cases are weird. Mine was remanded on July 14; Rd Oct 2 but AVM still says Remand, but cases cases after this date are getting approved randomly.

I understood ntac's approval pattern but not apms. It looks like apms lawyer did some thing or apms just got lucky. Either ways congrats u guys.

Certified

Hi, guys,

I was a silent user all the time for this forum, and learned a lot from this forum, I just checked DOL's AVM, and surprisingly my case is certified, it's faster than I thought, I want to share the info with your guys, and good luck to all your guys.

DOL received:Oct 17 2002
Remanded:Aug 2003
Certified:Dec 19,2003
DOT Code:999-151-061 (Database Administrator)
Job Requirements:MS + 1 year experience
Location of the company:San Diego with big layoffs

Congragulations weimingm !

Can you let us know whether your application was auto-remanded or remanded at request of employer ?

Folks,

When posting your certified status in future ( looks like there is going to be lot comming ) please also post whether the case was auto-remanded or remanded at employer request.

Last edited by a moderator:
help with labour cert!

Hello ,

My lawyer took back my labour application from the SF DOL before it was auto-remanded or rejected.

Now they applied my labour in non-RIR . With the new guidelines will the DOL ever reconsider my old application?

Has anyone been in this stage and got approved or DOL reconsidered their case?

Please let me know

TIA

Re: Re: H1b filing

Thank you lca_001
I shall get in touch with my company's lawyer.
Originally posted by lca_001
Your company lawyers should be able to handle all of it, the most they may ask you to provide is an updated resume.

Silent observers of this thread, it is your time now to post your updates and share your thoughts. Only then, we can then keep this thread moving. I also watched this forum for two years before jumping in and contributing. Maybe it is the right time for u all also to jump in and start contributing.

BTW, wish all of you a Happy New Year

Status
Not open for further replies.