San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Remanded Guys,

Please post some info.How many guys got labor certification aftter remanded??This thread is not moving??Happy New Year!!!!ALL the best!!!!!!

Regards
Raj

LC Certified

I have been a silent observer in this forum. My LC got certified recently. I received official confirmation from the lawyer.

Details:
DOL RD:11/15/2002
DOT Code: 999-151-031 (I think)
Experience: B.Tech with 10 years
Large company based in bay area.

Best of luck for all of you.

Re: Employer Requested Remands

Smartgege, Babaloo,

Thanks for your responses. Your comments raised my hopes a bit... :) but my lawyer told me clearly that employer requested remands will not be transferred to DOL :( And there will be either an updated guideline available from DOL or there will be some action requested by the employer/law firms to send these cases back to DOL. I will post a reply as soon as I know something.

Thanks!

Originally posted by babaloo
smartgege,

Has your attorney also confirmed this news? If true, it is indeed good news:) Please remember that DOL can process the case only when EDD returns it back to DOL. Currently DOL appears to have instructed EDD to return only the auto-remanded cases. Does the employer/attorney need to corrospond with EDD on this matter ?

My case was also remanded to state in June, 2003 at the request of the employer. BTW, any way to find out the DOL case number other than by contacting employer or attorney. Both my employer as well as the Attorney are unwilling to give me the case number.

LC -- three options letter

My attorney told me that my case is remanded in june 2003, but automated voice system says that the case is remanded and the status is updated on july 10th. Mine is a three option letter case and employer didn't reply to it and remanded back to EDD after 60 days. My attorney told me to wait till mid of jan 2004 and then if they didn't hear from dol, they are going to pursue with DOL.

This means that the three option letter cases also some how being returned to dol. It could be because the employer requesting it or they might have recieved some policy guidelines, which we don't know.

Hope every one get a good news in this new year.

Waiting forLC

I will appreciate if some one can tell how do we come to know if it is an "auto-remanded" case. My case was remanded to state but the letter does not say "auto". It just says the case is remanded and states the reason as insuffecient advertising.
Are there two categories of remanded cases ?

If your case was remanded without sending your attorney a 3 option letter then it is an auto remand case.

Originally posted by green_pastures
I will appreciate if some one can tell how do we come to know if it is an "auto-remanded" case. My case was remanded to state but the letter does not say "auto". It just says the case is remanded and states the reason as insuffecient advertising.
Are there two categories of remanded cases ?

Re: LC Certified

Congs LC Oct2001,

Looks like they are processing November.

Scilent watchers, please update us with your approvals. I think there are many people in here who got their labors approved yet haven't been announced.

It will pump a lot of hope in us if you tell us what is happening.

Thanks

Runaway

Originally posted by lcoct2001
I have been a silent observer in this forum. My LC got certified recently. I received official confirmation from the lawyer.

Details:
DOL RD:11/15/2002
DOT Code: 999-151-031 (I think)
Experience: B.Tech with 10 years
Large company based in bay area.

Best of luck for all of you.

Anybody in similar situation?

Hi,

My company filed for my LC in Sep 2001 (RIR EB2) from CA and it got cleared from SESA and moved to DOL, San Francisco in Sep 2002.
After a long wait in DOL, SFO, it was Remanded to state in June 2003.

Out of curiosity, I did a check 10 days back and the automated tel number in SFO tells this:

As of Dec 02, 2003:
Has been returned by the state after a Remand.

What does this actually mean and is my case in DOL and auto-remanded?

If its in DOL, my question here is how my case was fast to go back to DOL after it was remanded to state in June 2003?
How long is the wait time based on the processing times at DOL, SFO?
Is it now in RIR or Non-RIR?

FYI: DOL, SFO is processing RIR (11/2002) and Non-RIR (08/2002)
(as per immigration.com processing times)

Would appreciate expert replies.

gc1971

Last edited by a moderator:
gc1971,

Looks like your LC fits the pattern for auto-remanded cases. Did your employer receive the standard 3-option letter before the case was remanded to state in June 2003 ?

If your LC satisfies the criteria(BS+3 OR MS+6m) published by DOL, then it should get approved in a very short time. Your application will continue to be treated as RIR because I assume, with EDD still processing non-RIR category for Apr 2001, could not possibly have got to your case filed in Sep 2001.

Keep the forum updated regarding your status. It looks like 2004 is turning out to be a very good year for u :)

Anybody in similar situation?

Hi,

Actually, I quit my previous company in May 2003 and joined another company in June 2003. Also, my H1B 6 year term ended in July and my new company filed my 7th year ext. from TSC based on pending LC from my previous company. Its still pending at this time.

I have no contacts with my previous company but my attorney at my previous company has given me a letter addressed to SESA/DOL stating that they have no plans to withdraw my LC application. So, I have no idea whether my previous company got any letter from SESA/DOL.

BTW, at the time of LC filing in 2001, I had BS (equivalent) with 5 years of exp.

Also, where is my case now? Is it now in DOL based on this message: "Sent by the state after a remand."

Rgds,

gc1971

For the LC, your qalifications at the time of filing is not as important as the minimum qualification mentioned in Col.14 & 15 of 750A. It is in those columns that you must have BS + 5. You need to fulfil those minimum requirements.

Your LC is now likely with DOL, after having been returned by State.

Thanks usgc2. My attorney/employer did not get the 3 option letter but a letter saying case is remanded to state to be processed as a non-RIR as advertising is not suffecient.
Attorney has asked for re-consideration.
Do I still have hopes to get a 3 option letter ? Is there anyone else in the same boat as me.
Date of remand: Aug 2003

Originally posted by usagc2
If your case was remanded without sending your attorney a 3 option letter then it is an auto remand case.

Finally confirmed - Certified !

Hi all,
I finally got confirmation from my lawyer that my LC RIR case has been certified.When the case was remanded back in July 2003, I had no hopes that my case will get certified so soon. We were running out of options after the “auto remand” saga. Right now even my manager and lawyers are very happy to get the certification for my case.

Thanks to AILA’s efforts to bring out new guidelines for RIR.
Thanks a lot to everybody for every posting on this forum. This forum has been very helpful. It was the only way to keep track whats going on at DOL.

I wish this year you too will get good news you have been waiting for.

Here are my case details again-

DOL receipt date Oct 7 2002
DOT ...31
Experience req (BS+ 3 years )
Big company in bay area - lots of layoffs ( however no layoffs of R&D engineers and no layoffs last 6-9 months)

AVM said "has been remanded to state " on July 18 2003

My lawyers heard nothing from DOL about remand (no letter )

On Dec 23rd AVM says status was changed back to "recieved"

On Dec 28th AVM says "certified on Dec 23rd"

Lawyers got papers on Dec 31, 2003.

Regards,
apms

Hello All,

I am a bit baffled by the AVM.
My case was received by the DOL in Sept 2002, was remanded to State in June 2003. There were cases from my company. Until a week back the other 2 had been changed to "received from state after remand" and mine said Remanded to State. No big deal I figured just matter of time.
Well now when I check the AVM and enter my case number, it tells me the status of a completely different case, (Case number, received date DOT etc etc) when I try to check using the company tel num, I get message that there are no cases for that number.
Anybody has any idea what this could be??

Hi Nkelkar,
AVM is not working for last 2-3 days. I get the same messages (wrong number and status ) for my case number and my employer's number. Hoping DOL will fix AVM soon.
Regards.

Originally posted by Nkelkar
Hello All,

I am a bit baffled by the AVM.
My case was received by the DOL in Sept 2002, was remanded to State in June 2003. There were cases from my company. Until a week back the other 2 had been changed to "received from state after remand" and mine said Remanded to State. No big deal I figured just matter of time.
Well now when I check the AVM and enter my case number, it tells me the status of a completely different case, (Case number, received date DOT etc etc) when I try to check using the company tel num, I get message that there are no cases for that number.
Anybody has any idea what this could be??

Nkelkar,

I am seeing exactly the same behavior - when I punch in my case # it gives the status of some recently received case and when I punch in my company # it gives a 'no more cases' message. AVM was working till Dec 31st and I think it got broken since Jan 1st. Looks like they have a Y2K4 problem :)

Has anybody tried the e-mail updates recently ? I had tried a couple of months back and all the e-mails were bouncing back. Has the e-mail address of DOL changed or is the e-mail system also broken ?

Same here, different case# is given by the AVM!

Little bit info on my case:

EDD : Oct 12, 2001
DOL : Sep 23, 2002
Auto Remanded : Jul 7, 2003
AVM: Returned to State, as of Dec 15.
Bay Area Medium Sized Company

DOT 999.172-072 : Electronics Engineers, Except Computer
Reqt: MS

Hope to post again with good news, soon...
ZZ.

Originally posted by apms
Hi Nkelkar,
AVM is not working for last 2-3 days. I get the same messages (wrong number and status ) for my case number and my employer's number. Hoping DOL will fix AVM soon.
Regards.
:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.