San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ReL Approved

Congrats, this means there is some hope for people who have got NOFs with the 3 options.

Does anyone know if when a "retest" fails to satisfy the DOL
they would simply remand it back to State for non-RIR , or deny
the labor certification altogether ?

Thx.

Can you figure the PD from the case number?

Hi,

Does anybody know if there is any relation between the PD and the case #? What I mean is, can we figure out the PD from the case #?

Regards
Piyush.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: Approved

usagc2
My dot code is 999-151-021 Computer Programmer. Mine was given NOF when lots of NOFs were being sent out. My colleague with the same dot code and exactly same job description with June receipt date got remanded to State along with the auto remand cases.

Originally posted by usagc2
Congratulations!!!

What was your DOT code?

DOL approval trend!

Hi

After seeing the latest DOL approval trend, what I understood was DOL started processing the cases that were remanded or the cases that were given NOF earlier. And I think they momentarily stopped processing Nov 2002 cases. This is just my observation. I may be wrong (please tell me I am wrong).

Congratulations to all those whose cases were certified “finally”...and best of luck to those who (includes me) are still waiting-in-hell.

-WaitingInHell:mad:

Re: DOL approval trend!

So has DoL been processing Nov 2002 cases for a while now? If so, it is certainly possible that there was a change of heart.

Hope you are right :)

Originally posted by WaitingInHell
Hi

After seeing the latest DOL approval trend, what I understood was DOL started processing the cases that were remanded or the cases that were given NOF earlier. And I think they momentarily stopped processing Nov 2002 cases. This is just my observation. I may be wrong (please tell me I am wrong).

Congratulations to all those whose cases were certified “finally”...and best of luck to those who (includes me) are still waiting-in-hell.

-WaitingInHell:mad:

Re: Re: DOL approval trend!

california_gc,

Yes, DOL processed cases till Nov 6th, 2002 (all were certified) and suddenly thought they had done enough good to the immigration community and stopped processing Nov 2002 cases.

Actually, I think they realized they can't screw us and now they started processing remanded cases as well.

Best of luck,
-WaitingInHell
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No offense to anyone, this is just my observation and/or a little bit of research. RD: 11/20/2002 DOTCODE: 999.151-031
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by california_gc
So has DoL been processing Nov 2002 cases for a while now? If so, it is certainly possible that there was a change of heart.

Hope you are right :)

Last edited by a moderator:
999.151-031

I checked 6 random cases (Case# 095 335 XX) having dot code 999.151-031 and RD dates of Oct 17 and Oct 21 '02 and found that all are still in Received status.

As we know that some cases of Nov '02 have been approved so this proves again that DOL processess applications randomly.

Or is there anyother thing still going on?

Re: Re: Re: DOL approval trend!

hello Guys

Are you sure DOL has started looking at the remanded cases? If so how does it work? Do they pull back the cases from EDD again? I have seen only one such case on this forum which was approved after the remand. Based on just one case how can we establish a pattern? Are there any other such cases?

I was very optimistic before I applied for my labor. Anyways just trying to verify and hope what you have observed is true!

Originally posted by WaitingInHell
california_gc,

Actually, I think they realized they can't screw us and now they started processing remanded cases as well.

Best of luck,
-WaitingInHell

The Calif Labor dept is making it as difficult as possible to get Labor Clearance.

It takes at least 2 years...during which course you need to retain your job.

Imagine waiting for 2 years and when you are about to get your Labor cleared you get laid off...there is nothing worse than that.

You lose time on h-1 and altough you can extend your H-1B still it is a pain extending it each year.

Sometimes it is better of working for a desi bodyshopper...at least they dont lay you off........
just some random thoughts.

jNathan,

Forget of layoff... My labor got rejected after 2 years of wait.

-----------------
The Calif Labor dept is making it as difficult as possible to get Labor Clearance.

It takes at least 2 years...during which course you need to retain your job.

Imagine waiting for 2 years and when you are about to get your Labor cleared you get laid off...there is nothing worse than that.

You lose time on h-1 and altough you can extend your H-1B still it is a pain extending it each year.

Sometimes it is better of working for a desi bodyshopper...at least they dont lay you off........
just some random thoughts.

-----------------

Does the AVM say "NOF issued"? Or will it just say "received on..." that could explain why some previous cases are still in the "received on.." status while some newer cases have been certified.

jaydsai
You Case should go to DOL in about Dec 03 & unless DOL clears the current backlog of 10 to 12 months it will be end of 2004 for DOL approval.

futurisbright

Oct 2002 cases were processed in July. Anyways, I think Tax ID is in the LCA option. Case # and Phone # is in the Permenant LC option. Verify the option you try after you connect with DOL.

jaydsai

I your lc is pending for more than an year or if your I140 is pending then you will be eligible for the 7th year extension of H1.

DOL recd. date

Hi guys

My case was transmitted from SESA to DOL on august 7 and I have no news as to when DOL recd it. I tried to randaom check couple of numbers but it jumps straight form June24 to August 25.I tried them in order.
Is there any one who got the DOL recd letter around august 7 and could give me an indicative number.I tried from 095721xx to 0957213x.
Funny thing is it tells me of the cases recd as early as august 27 but none in July or august.
Am I doing anything incorrectly?
Please help:confused:

Re: DOL recd. date

spicensour -
I dont know my case number too.
I tried exactly the same thing that u did and interestingly it skipped July and August and went from June 25th to Sept 4th.
This was 2 days back.
May be the case numbers dont go in order.....the whole thing is driving me nuts. How long does it take a department to send a received letter????

Originally posted by spicensour
Hi guys

My case was transmitted from SESA to DOL on august 7 and I have no news as to when DOL recd it. I tried to randaom check couple of numbers but it jumps straight form June24 to August 25.I tried them in order.
Is there any one who got the DOL recd letter around august 7 and could give me an indicative number.I tried from 095721xx to 0957213x.
Funny thing is it tells me of the cases recd as early as august 27 but none in July or august.
Am I doing anything incorrectly?
Please help:confused:

Labor Substitution

PD : Aug'01
SESA TO DOL : July'02
Remanded to State : Jun'03 :(-

My company is willing to Substitute Labor for me.
There is one unused Labor with exact skillset of mine but the problem is he got MS in July'99 and
I got mine in Dec'99. My lawyer says that you should have MS on or befor July'99 to use this Labor.

Is the same year degree not sufficient ? Is there any way to get around it.

BTW, Is it possible to file GC in two different state from the same company ? I am working in California and my company has filed labor in CA. My compnay has also branch in Boston and they are willing to file form there.

Thanks

GC_mission..

Check with some other attorney about exact deal with the Substitution.

Yes, You can apply from more then one state at a time but bosten is equally slow. Check if your company can apply from other FAST states like Illinois, Iowa, Delaware, Dacotas etc.

Re: Substitution

Suppose my company has an office in California & Chicago, and due to the situation here in California were willing to file an
additional labor cert. application in Chicago, does that mean I
need to relocate to Chicago at some point ?

Thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.