San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
good luck

good luck to all of u guys whose cases were remanded...hopefully this will be a positive turn of events.

gp111

Can you tell me how to random check the case numbers?
Is there a number to dial?Please respond.
Sesa sent my case on august 7 but I have not heard anything so far either from my lawyer or DOL.

My attorney received Dol Receipt letter after about 3 weeks of SESA transmittal.. I can check the status on AVM by Case # but not by Phone # since I don't know which no has been used in application.. & If you random check the case numbers 09572XXX .. it will give the status case received up to last week ! [/B][/QUOTE]

Write to your Governer

I recently wrote a letter to Governer Davis regarding the immigration issues that skilled workers are facing. I think we can ger some response if undocumented immigrants can ger their driver's licenses. I think you all should think about doing the same thing. You can't sit around and wait for them to fix your problem...
Please note that I have a lot of respect for documented and undocumented immigrants!!!!!!
Thanks

Re: Write to your Governer

lorestan,

That's a very good initiative but I am not sure how it's going to affect us. These people need unskilled workers who can clean the roads/restrooms and work in farm fields, not people like us. And most importantly, it's the federal govt. that decides our fate, but not Mr. Gray Davis (because he can’t decide his own fate).

-------------------------------------------
Not trying to be pessimistic

Originally posted by lorestan
I recently wrote a letter to Governer Davis regarding the immigration issues that skilled workers are facing. I think we can ger some response if undocumented immigrants can ger their driver's licenses. I think you all should think about doing the same thing. You can't sit around and wait for them to fix your problem...
Please note that I have a lot of respect for documented and undocumented immigrants!!!!!!
Thanks

Reg: H-1B extension

Hi folks,
I am in a quandry right now, hope you can help!

My first term (3 yr) of H1-B is expiring March 31 2004. My employer suggested that we start applying to an extension now (since it is taking 6-8 months), but says that when the petition is pending I cannot leave the US.
Is this true?

Can I complete my international travel before the expery date (Mar 31 '04) when my petetion is pending?

I plan to get married in Dec '03. Can I apply for H-4 extension of my spouse separately (ie; I apply for my extension now, and her's in Dec'03)?

Thanks for your input.

navdod,

I believe you can only apply for your extension 3 months before your expiration date (That's what my attorney told when my H1 came for extension). It not true that you can't leave US when your petition is pending, You should have valid (not expired) H1 visa stamp & your valid H1 approval notice when you enter US port. As per your message if you are leaving US in Dec 03 you should get back before March 31 2004. Suppose your employer filed for extension in Jan 2004 you cannot make international travel after March 31 2004 because your Visa is expired & extension is pending. That means you have to wait until your H1 approved & your passport is stamped with new H1 dates.

As per your message you are not married now, so you can't apply for H4. The normal procedure all H1 holders follow is: After getting married (outside US) they will get their spouses passport stamped with H4 visa based on you H1 (your valid H1 approval notice) at US consulate, in this case your spouse may get valid H4 until March 31 2004. After arriving US with your spouse you can apply for H4 extension for your spouse separately since yours already applied and pending.

Re: Write to your Governer

are you crazy? H1B workers are not voters, getting support from any politicians is close to zero. Hispanic groups might have better chance since their voter base is strong and united, while other ethnic groups like asian indians and chinese are very weak in voter base. Proposed Governor Arnold might have better chance since it is told that they favor immigrants since he was once an immigrant himself.

Originally posted by lorestan
Thanks

Re: Reg: H-1B extension

Navdod,

AFAIK there should be no problem with your international travel till the time you have a valid visa on the date you intend to return (though its a good idea to have a Visa that is valid atleast for another couple of months).
For your spouse, you can get an H4 stamped after the marriage and this H4 would be against the H1 you have, So would be valid till the H1 and in this case it would be till 03/31/04 if you don't get an extension till then. Once she is in US, she can apply for an extension as well.

Regards
Piyush.

Originally posted by navdod

My first term (3 yr) of H1-B is expiring March 31 2004. My employer suggested that we start applying to an extension now (since it is taking 6-8 months), but says that when the petition is pending I cannot leave the US.
Is this true?

Can I complete my international travel before the expery date (Mar 31 '04) when my petetion is pending?

I plan to get married in Dec '03. Can I apply for H-4 extension of my spouse separately (ie; I apply for my extension now, and her's in Dec'03)?

Not heard anything yet. I sent an email to my attorney but havent heard back from her.

Originally posted by hara_kagaz
Hi ,
Any Updates on AILA meeting which was supposed to take place on 09/06/2003.
H_K

To Navdod

I dont want to confuse you. But this is the advice my lawyer gave me.

Extending H1 apart from LCA and other stuff it means you are extending your I94. And to make a international travel you have to submit your current I-94.

So if you make an international travel while your H1 extension is pending, means you are trying to extend an I-94 which you have already surrendered as when you return from the international travel you will receive a new I94.

After your H1 extension is done you will receive an I-94 attached to your I797/I129 form which will have the latest expiration date of your I94. You will have to use this document for your spouses H4 visa.

You can travel now but should not file for H1 extension. You can always re-enter US but your new I-94 will be valid till March'04 and within that time you will have to apply for H1 extension. You can do this for you spouse also.

You can apply for extension 6 months before the expiration of the current H1.

This is what I am doing in my case.

surya369,

I agree with your I-94 opinion. I was under impression that we should apply H1 extension 3 months before - seems 6 months before would be helpful to me also.

navdod,

based on your message my opinion is if you are getting married in Dec 2003, get marry and get your spouse H4 at US consulate. After coming back you both can apply for extensions.

Navdod

Navdod,
Sorry to flood you with advice...for what it is worth:

All H-4 visas are being called interview these days - so make sure your fiancee books an appointment at the consulate in advance.

Also since your marriage is in December you would just have 3 months before your present visa expires - consult your attorney to make sure this will not create a problem.

Since your visa is expiring March, you can file for your extension anytime after September...if I were you I would go for premium processing so that you would have your visa extended by October end and you would not have any problem with your wife's visa also.

Also about H1B extension

Here is my situation:

My 1st 3-year H1B will expire early next year. My lawyer filed the extension already. Now I have to go to Europe for a conference. I got a H1B visa stamp already.

I don't think my H1B renew will be done before I come back from Europe. So most likely I will get a new I-94 from the gate, expires early next year. Then I will get another I-94 from INS, expires 3 years later.

Would I get into some trouble by these I-94s?? Thank you very much!

Hey Guys,

Since it is a CA labor certification forum, few of us would appreciate if we can stick to that topic in this forum. H-1B extension related issues should be posted in another forum. Lot os us have automatic delivery and would not want to be emailed about posts not related to the topic of interest.

thanks

-Bik:mad:

Re: Also about H1B extension

maggie_LC,

I was once in your situation and had to travel to Europe on business. Infact I traveled with my ex-employer’s H1B stamping (which was also expired). :D All I did was I took old and latest INS approval documents and a letter from my employer stating that I am traveling on business and currently employed with him. And I showed all those docs to the INS officer on the way back into the country. Don't worry, nothing bad will happen.

Worried about I-94s?? Collect them and give them to the airline guys when you are traveling out of the country next time. Do NOT forget to return all your I-94s. That's all you have to do.

Best of luck,
-WaitingInHell :eek:

Originally posted by maggie_LC
Here is my situation:

My 1st 3-year H1B will expire early next year. My lawyer filed the extension already. Now I have to go to Europe for a conference. I got a H1B visa stamp already.

I don't think my H1B renew will be done before I come back from Europe. So most likely I will get a new I-94 from the gate, expires early next year. Then I will get another I-94 from INS, expires 3 years later.

Would I get into some trouble by these I-94s?? Thank you very much!

APPROVED.........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi All,
I have been waiting to post this good news for a long time. At last my case has been APPROVED.

Here is my case details

SESA PRIORITY DATE: 08/28/2001
SESA to DOL: 07/15/2002
ACTUAL DOL RECEIVED DATE: 07/22/2002
DOT: 999.151-031
SALARY OFFERED: 9*, ***
COMPANY LOCATED @ CERRITOS, CA
COMPANY SIZE MID SIZE CONSULTING COMPANY With Around 120-150 employees.

There was no NOF's, RFE's for my case that I know of.

Best of luck to you all.

Thanks
eb2august01
:) :) :) :) :)

Re: APPROVED.........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great news!!!
Congratulations!
Did you get this message thru AVM or your attorney?
Originally posted by eb2august01
Hi All,
I have been waiting to post this good news for a long time. At last my case has been APPROVED.

Here is my case details

SESA PRIORITY DATE: 08/28/2001
SESA to DOL: 07/15/2002
ACTUAL DOL RECEIVED DATE: 07/22/2002
DOT: 999.151-031
SALARY OFFERED: 9*, ***
COMPANY LOCATED @ CERRITOS, CA
COMPANY SIZE MID SIZE CONSULTING COMPANY With Around 120-150 employees.

There was no NOF's, RFE's for my case that I know of.

Best of luck to you all.

Thanks
eb2august01
:) :) :) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.