San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
jack144 said:
OK, then I don't know whats happening with your case. You might want to call up your lawyer.

Yes, will be doing that soon.

The lawyer always has a standard answer that they are waiting for a response from DOL, since the last RFE was responded to, but DOL has not yet come back with an updated status.
And according to her, we should be hearing from DOL soon....That 'soon' has stretched a bit too long, that's why I am concerned.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks
gcsfo

chances of getting the labor approved

Hello,

I am rather new to this forum.My SFO DOL transmittal date is in the first week of March 2003.I learnt from my lawyer that my case was filed under EB2,RIR ,MS with no experience required under the Computer software engineer category

Can any one speculate about my chances of getting the labor approved without being remanded?.Is there any hope for me at all??.To make matters worse, my company is declining to readvertise the job requirement in case INS offers the options to readvertise before remanding back.

Looking for views/opinions.

waitinginlimbo1 said:
Hello,

I am rather new to this forum.My SFO DOL transmittal date is in the first week of March 2003.I learnt from my lawyer that my case was filed under EB2,RIR ,MS with no experience required under the Computer software engineer category

Can any one speculate about my chances of getting the labor approved without being remanded?.Is there any hope for me at all??.To make matters worse, my company is declining to readvertise the job requirement in case INS offers the options to readvertise before remanding back.

Looking for views/opinions.

sorry to tell you even my case was filed as no experience required. I would say the chances are getting approved is remote, still you will never know. Keep your fingure crossed.

My case background.

I was one among them whose case were auto-remanded last year!! As far as I know, cases filled with experience are getting certified, looks like mine is not reviewed.

My DOL recieved date is sep 2002 and it was auto-remanded in june-2003. I have no idea what's happening and what could be done!! :mad: Its been more than 3 years for a labor cert to be proccesed. To me thats a penalty for leaving my home land.

Lets forget about this and enjoy our long weekend. May be we have to wait may more loooooooooong weekends.

Cheers!!!

09544453 9-Jan-03 999.112-031 certified 26-May-04
09544454 9-Jan-03 999.151-032 certified 26-May-04
09544455 13-Apr-00 certified 3-Jan-01
09544456 9-Jan-03 999.151-032 certified 26-May-04
09544457 9-Jan-03 999.352-014 certified 26-May-04
09544458 10-Apr-00 certified 3-Jan-01
09544459 12-Apr-00 160.162-018 certified 3-Jan-01

1'st Hurdle cleared

Labor app is certified and approved.
Case #09543xxx
Rcvd Date: 02/12/2003
Cert Date: 05/14/2004

Co. has a 20K+ employee, under went a few rounds of layoffs, but luckily all went through perfect.

Thanks,
-nsm

Certified!!!

Hi All,

Finally Heard today from AVM recording that my case has been certified :) . I am waiting for the official confirmation from my Attorney.

Certification date May 25th 2004.

Congrats nsm!!

Quick question: The Rcvd date 02/12/2003 is the date the AVM says or is it the date the letter you recieved show? Cause your case # is like more in the first week Jan 2003 received.

I know that for me AVM says a received date 1 month before what the letter shows.

nsm553 said:
Case #09543xxx

Co. has a 20K+ employee, under went a few rounds of layoffs, but luckily all went through perfect.

Thanks,
-nsm

Wow! In this week we heard approved for Jan, Feb and One case from July too.....I wonder at last Dol is up. looks like they are approving in a random order...or may be the cases have been allocated to different officers. Few may be working in other than sequential order...

As long as the number of processed cases is increasing it looks good.

--Ashwork2

Can u please clarify

Hi
After reading your reply, i am little concerned
Cany anbody clarify, My case is (BS+5yrs or MS+0yrs) is filed under RIR
I have BS+10 yrs, Bay area company with 150 emp. small layoffs during 2002.
Will there be a remand or will it be considered under Carlson memo of BS+2yrs.

Thanks in advance
mnhr
RD 5/9/2003

goodphysq said:
sorry to tell you even my case was filed as no experience required. I would say the chances are getting approved is remote, still you will never know. Keep your fingure crossed.

My case background.

I was one among them whose case were auto-remanded last year!! As far as I know, cases filled with experience are getting certified, looks like mine is not reviewed.

My DOL recieved date is sep 2002 and it was auto-remanded in june-2003. I have no idea what's happening and what could be done!! :mad: Its been more than 3 years for a labor cert to be proccesed. To me thats a penalty for leaving my home land.

Lets forget about this and enjoy our long weekend. May be we have to wait may more loooooooooong weekends.

Cheers!!!

new case approved

95445** received on 01/10/2003 certified on 05/27/04.

This guy works at the same company as me.

SFO DOL Receipt Date status

I got to understand from my attorney that the DOL is currently entering cases from mid december 2003 into the system. (RD is recieved once the case is entered in their systems)

Thanks

feb 12 2003
congrats nsm
tony

nsm553 said:
Case #09543xxx

Thanks,
-nsm

Last edited by a moderator:
California RIR Cases @ SF DOL...

Jan 03 : 1731 (About 354 has been processed tilldate)
Feb 03: 1477
March 03 : 1431
April 03 : 1085
May 03 : 1319
June 03 : 1279
July 03 : 1179
Source >> FLCDatacenter

Info on my spouse's case.

06/20/2003 - RIR. Response to Request for Evidence/NOF submitted to DOL
06/20/2003 - RIR. RIR remanded to traditional labor certification
06/19/2003 - RIR. Received signed response to Request for Evidence/NOF from employer
06/16/2003 - RIR. Response to Request for Evidence/NOF sent to employer for signature
05/21/2003 - RIR. Received Request for Evidence Notice/NOF
05/21/2003 - RIR. Requested information and/or documentation from employer
07/10/2002 - RIR. Received Transmittal Notice of RIR to DOL
09/05/2001 - RIR. Received Acknowledgment Notice from SESA
--------------------------------------------
Net net - remanded from RIR to Traditional.. I have been looking at the Perm Labor processing dates and the Traditional has not moved from April 2001 (CA) for the last 15 to 18 months...

Is there anything that can be done to expedite it.. or is it possible to follow up.. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.. I am sick and tired of these immigration procedures....

Any help would be appreciated.

Don't give up

There are always loopholes that you can find in the law. The suggested one I have is to convert the traditional labor certification application you have to the new PERM program that will be implemented at the end of the year.

On another note, DOL has obtained funding and will initiating backlog reduction centers. As a matter of fact, I have seen 8 postings on the DOL website for open positions for directors to manage those back log programs at difference states.

For now, just sit back and relax for few months and once everythign is clear by the end of year, you can shape your plan accordingly.

so_ab said:
06/20/2003 - RIR. Response to Request for Evidence/NOF submitted to DOL
06/20/2003 - RIR. RIR remanded to traditional labor certification
06/19/2003 - RIR. Received signed response to Request for Evidence/NOF from employer
06/16/2003 - RIR. Response to Request for Evidence/NOF sent to employer for signature
05/21/2003 - RIR. Received Request for Evidence Notice/NOF
05/21/2003 - RIR. Requested information and/or documentation from employer
07/10/2002 - RIR. Received Transmittal Notice of RIR to DOL
09/05/2001 - RIR. Received Acknowledgment Notice from SESA
--------------------------------------------
Net net - remanded from RIR to Traditional.. I have been looking at the Perm Labor processing dates and the Traditional has not moved from April 2001 (CA) for the last 15 to 18 months...

Is there anything that can be done to expedite it.. or is it possible to follow up.. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.. I am sick and tired of these immigration procedures....

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi All,

After anxiously waiting for 2 year and 8 months, I am very surpirsed to know my RIR LC(received on Jan. 9)was remanded to state on May 27. I am so tired of California and want to go to another state to try my luck. I am a civil engineer. I do not know the reason for remand to state yet.

I have a question, hopefully some people can help me. Is the prevailing wage based on the requirement for the job or on my qualification? I have wasted five years on my current employer and have a professional engeer license. If the prevailing wage is based on my qualification, I need to find a job for Civil Engneer Level II. The prevailling wage for civil engineer II is ridiculously high, I bet no employer will offer me that much money. If the prevailing wage is based on the job requirement, I guess I should be able to find a civil engineer lever I job. Am I going to have any trouble in the LC application if my qualification is far more than the requirement in the job advertisement? Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

Wish you guy good luck in your LC application.

Thanks

Tell_Me_Why said:
Hi All,

After anxiously waiting for 2 year and 8 months, I am very surpirsed to know my RIR LC(received on Jan. 9)was remanded to state on May 27. I am so tired of California and want to go to another state to try my luck. I am a civil engineer. I do not know the reason for remand to state yet.

I have a question, hopefully some people can help me. Is the prevailing wage based on the requirement for the job or on my qualification? I have wasted five years on my current employer and have a professional engeer license. If the prevailing wage is based on my qualification, I need to find a job for Civil Engneer Level II. The prevailling wage for civil engineer II is ridiculously high, I bet no employer will offer me that much money. If the prevailing wage is based on the job requirement, I guess I should be able to find a civil engineer lever I job. Am I going to have any trouble in the LC application if my qualification is far more than the requirement in the job advertisement? Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

Wish you guy good luck in your LC application.

Thanks
-------------------
Sorry to hear the new. What's your DOT? Wish you good luck.

Are you sure?

Iris,

My EAD transmittal letter dated Oct 25th, 2003. Until now, I haven't received anything from regional DOL. My lawyer said the DOL has serious backlog in the case entering. Is there any other way I can retrive my case number? Appreciate any advice.

Thanks

irislogic said:
I got to understand from my attorney that the DOL is currently entering cases from mid december 2003 into the system. (RD is recieved once the case is entered in their systems)

Thanks

Try using Employer Phone Number / Attorney Phone Number & look for cases received after Oct 25th... see if you can filter out your case !

laengineer said:
Iris,

My EAD transmittal letter dated Oct 25th, 2003. Until now, I haven't received anything from regional DOL. My lawyer said the DOL has serious backlog in the case entering. Is there any other way I can retrive my case number? Appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.