San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest DOL Processing Dates (Inside Sources)

Hi Folks,
Here are the latest DOL Processing Dates which were recieved from inside sources (As of May 10)
State Level - RIR Cases - On or before July 14, 2003
- Non RIR Cases - On or before April 27, 2001

Regional Level - RIR Cases - On or before December 15, 2002
- Non RIR Cases - On or before December 1, 2002

Thanks and best of luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's with December 15? They've been stuck on that date for weeks. And also what's with that Feb 2003 rumor? Any confirmation?

Actually I hear they are processing late December. I am expecting this will be working on 2003 any day now.

Good luck

The-Dude said:
What's with December 15? They've been stuck on that date for weeks. And also what's with that Feb 2003 rumor? Any confirmation?

buddha2004 said:
Going thru this page:
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_morden.html

Does this mean that cases which have errors or some issues will be remanded to state without being given a chance for RFE ?

No

I am confused what it's talking about. Does it even apply to Labor certification or the later stages of GC(INS) ? :confused:

No

When talking about backlog reduction centers, Is it for the DOL part or State part ? Anybody know if anything is going on with it or it's just talk.

It's for the INS not DOL. They also have a backlog in there as well.

Have a question and need help...

My lawyer has called in for the update on my application (DOL Regional office) and he is getting the application can not be located...what does this mean? Did I file anything wrong?Has it happened to anybody here...Its been 15 month since they recieved my application at the regional office...I was happy that is about time to hear something from these guys
Any comments is appreciated...
Thanks again

Does any remanded cases with minimum qualifications got approved?

SESA Priority date: 30-Aug-2001
DOL receipt date : 11-Sep-2002
Remand to state : 26-Jun_2003
Dot-code: 999-151-031
Job Requirements : BS+0 years

Although my colleagues and I had higher education and experience than minimum, our attorney filed all of our cases with BS+0 years.

I have 2 questions:

Does anyone know about any remanded cases with minimum requirements , that was disputed about with SESA/DOL and returned to DOL?

or

Does anyone know about any cases with minimum requirements that got any other status (RFE/Certified) after June 2003?

We need some information, so we can dispute with DOL about our cases.
Even if you don't want to disclose information, we would be very grateful to have the contact information of any attorney that had such cases.

Thanks In advance

more perm/backlog reduction news

1. PERM Update : May 2004

As promised, we continue to update MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers with the most recent information available on PERM processing for the permanent labor certification process. The U.S. Department of Labor has recently provided an estimated time for the publication of the final PERM regulation. The very earliest possibility could be June 2004, although it more likely will be in July or August 2004 at the earliest, with Fall 2004 being most realistic. The regulation is still expected to be effective 120 days from the time it is published.

At the May 7, 2004 American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) Washington, D.C. Chapter Business Conference, top level U.S. Department of Labor officials were peppered with questions about PERM from various participants at the conference. Attorney Sheela Murthy was both the Moderator for the session on labor certifications and a speaker on the panel. The other panelists included William Carlson, Chief of the Alien Labor Certification Unit of the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), and Harry Sheinfeld, Solicitor for the Employment and Training Administration of the DOL dealing with labor certification matters.

Background on PERM

As our regular readers know, PERM attempts to be a complete overhaul of the labor certification system and has been long anticipated. As explained in our February 27, 2004 MurthyBulletin article, PERM Moves a Step Closer available on MurthyDotCom, the proposed PERM regulation has been sent to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review. This review could take up to 90 days.

OMB Reaching 90-Day Point

As this 90-day period will end later this month (May 21, 2004), many of you are anxiously awaiting further developments. The process at this point is that OMB has had almost the full 90 days for their review. This review, according to the DOL, has included sending the regulation to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) for their input and review before final action. The OMB will send the regulation back to the DOL upon completion of its review. It is anticipated that the OMB will only require minor changes before the regulation can be finalized and the estimated timeframes are based upon this assumption. If the OMB requires more significant changes, then the timeframes will be greatly extended. The DOL has opined that even the Fall 2004 date may be unrealistic if there are extensive comments from DHS or DOJ to the PERM regulations.

Non-PERM Filings Continue

The DOL confirmed that cases could be filed using the present, regular labor certification system or the Reduction in Recruitment or RIR process, until PERM becomes effective. Thus, even after PERM regulations are published, it should be possible to file a case under the regular LC or RIR process within the limited window before the effective date of PERM. Once PERM is effective, all labor certifications will have to use only the PERM system.

Backlog Reduction

In concert with the PERM program, the DOL is also moving forward on a backlog reduction program for the over 300,000 pending labor certifications nationwide. They have established two Central Application Processing centers for backlog reduction in Dallas, TX and Philadelphia, PA. The goal is to eliminate the backlogs and adjudicate every regular LC or RIR case pending by July 2006.

We understand that the PERM process is awaited with great anticipation by many MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers who are eager to consider a faster processing option to help in obtaining the green card or permanent resident status. We hope to be on the cutting-edge in providing you with the latest information. We will continue to closely follow these important DOL programs and will advise our readers as changes unfold.

That's a good news but I have been hearing this from long time. I am not the only one who need some action. Its coming and coming....after some time it any again move for some delay and few other also need to review....God forbid any other deviation...

I think many here do as I do every morning "Pray" that it comes while I am In Us!

This week

Another week passed by & still in Mid December !!!

Any recent approvals ?? I think this week nobody has posted Good News.. Has anybody heard of any approval beyond Dec 16, 2002 ??

thanks

Recent Approvals for my company..

Hi All,

I just checked the AVM for case nos from my company(Large company in LA and no Layoffs) and the latest certified cases (s/w related )are for DEC 23rd.

Lets all hope for the best!

Question - Layoff and Labor Certification !!!

Hi All,
What is the deal when people write, My company had "no layoffs" or "minor layoffs" ? Does it really matter and how ?
I ask because my case got into DOL last week and this week we had a layoff in our company. How does it impact my case ?
Thanks

I am not sure exactly how DOL figures out there has been lay offs. For example, if you go the FLCDatacenter.com and type a company that had significant layoffs, you will see that this company had many denied cases versus companies that didn't have too many lay offs. The monthly unemployment report issued by DOL has the number of unemployment claimed filed nationwide and they get that from somewhere. They could be using that for making a decision about companies with lay offs. So they probably base it on hwo many employees in one company filing for unemployment insurance claims. I am just speculating and I could be wrong. However, there is a pattern with companies with layoffs that there are less approvals than there are from companies that didn't have layoffs.

Politically speaking, DOL has stopped rejecting applications and they are now approving most of the cases based on the Carlson Memo. If I were you, I'd just relax and wait. If your cases just reached DOL then you are in for a loooong wait till they reach your case.

Good luck

buddha2004 said:
Hi All,
What is the deal when people write, My company had "no layoffs" or "minor layoffs" ? Does it really matter and how ?
I ask because my case got into DOL last week and this week we had a layoff in our company. How does it impact my case ?
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
DOL Receipt

Hi there,

My LC was transferred from Cal State to Federal on Jan 6th. It has been more than 4 months and I still havn't got the receipt. Can you folks share information on how long it took, to get the receipt?

Thanks
-Pasam

DOLreceipt

Hi Pasam ,

It normally takes about 4-5 months to get a federal receipt. :cool:

Hi there,

My LC was transferred from Cal State to Federal on Jan 6th. It has been more than 4 months and I still havn't got the receipt. Can you folks share information on how long it took, to get the receipt?

Thanks
-Pasam[/QUOTE]

pasam said:
Hi there,

Thanks
-Pasam

it took 6 months for me to get receipt from DOL...

thanks

transfer from Cal State to Federal on November 7th 2003 till now no receipt

I work for a large corporation in Sanjose, CA and had 9%( Nearly 3300 Employees) company Layoffs.. My company lawer told me they will not give My Case Number.. How the hell will I know whats happening to my case with out case number...Coz My LC was transferred from Cal State to Federal on November 7th 2003. It has been more than 6 months and I still havn't got the receipt. Can you folks share information on how long it took, to get the receipt?and also how to track my Case with out case Number??

Thanks
-Pran

Whats with July - Dec 2002

One more disappointed Monday Morning as AVM stay the same old same old.. (July - Dec 2002)... it has been in the same status message for last 6 weeks !!!!!

pran10,

check this out,

http://www.flcdatacenter.com/casesearchperm.asp

Lot of ppl have gotten their case numbers from this site. The only thing you need to know is approximate date when your app was first filed. Using possibly your unique salary, you can drill down to your Case Number and State Case Number. You can then use the AVM (search these forums for the phone number) to find the status.

-- Good Luck

pran10 said:
I work for a large corporation in Sanjose, CA and had 9%( Nearly 3300 Employees) company Layoffs.. My company lawer told me they will not give My Case Number.. How the hell will I know whats happening to my case with out case number...Coz My LC was transferred from Cal State to Federal on November 7th 2003. It has been more than 6 months and I still havn't got the receipt. Can you folks share information on how long it took, to get the receipt?and also how to track my Case with out case Number??

Thanks
-Pran

no change in june-dec 2002 dates , this week too
dol is back to their old speed i think ............. i dont see any change for coming 1/2 weeks
tony

Certified!!!

Finally the AVM Says my case is Certified....

Detials

SESA PRIORITY DATE: 12/05/2001
SESA TO DOL DATE: 12/26/2002
DOL RECEIVED DATE:12/26/2002
Certifed On :05/14/2004
DOT: 999.132-032
CASE: 0954****

BS +5 year
No NOF

Status
Not open for further replies.