San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi Sam, can you email me information about those successful cases? My email address is shuxia@gmail.com. Thank you very much!

xyr888 said:
Need Your Help,

1. The chance of approval after re-testing market is very high (90% above).
2. Normally 2 week opening for respnding to the ad.
3. If DOL is not satified, you may receive second NOF, or denial, or remand to state.
Recently many received 3 option letter--NOF and the processing speed is slowing down due to the loss of some COs in S.F. DOL. I have collected some successful cases after NOF by re-testing the job market from this forum, if you're interested, I can post here or e-mail you (preferred since it has 5-6 pages long).

Can you post some details of your case? Did you get some RFE in the state level? Others?

If anyone has got the new approvals or got 3-option letter, please post here and exchange ideas?

Sam

Urgent Help!!!

My labour is struck at California(remanded back to state from RIR), PD 08/2001.
I have an offer from a company which is willing to start GC for me from either
massachusetts OR north carolina(they have offices in both places).
My h1(6 years) is expiring this yearend and my current employer has already
filed for 7th year h1 extension.
Guys i need your advice,
Should i stay with the current employer?
Should i start the labour with the new employer(he says it is ok if i join after
the labour is approved)?
What are the chances of my current labour(in CA) getting approved before
the new one gets approved?

xyr888 said:
Need Your Help,

3. If DOL is not satified, you may receive second NOF, or denial, or remand to state.
Recently many received 3 option letter--NOF and the processing speed is slowing down due to the loss of some COs in S.F. DOL. I have collected some successful cases after NOF by re-testing the job market from this forum, if you're interested, I can post here or e-mail you (preferred since it has 5-6 pages long).

Can you post some details of your case? Did you get some RFE in the state level? Others?

If anyone has got the new approvals or got 3-option letter, please post here and exchange ideas?

Sam
Hi Sam,
Please send me the details as I am in the same boat.My company is thinking of retesting the market after I got the 3 options letter.The DOL letter clearly mentioned that we need to put the same job description as mentioned in the ETA 750 A form. Any body in the same boat please reply.
my email is gldas2004@yahoo.com
Thanks a lot
dask_1

xyr888 said:
Need Your Help,

Sam

My info
DOL recd date mid feb 2003
last 3 digits of job code 032
No NOF or query in state level or federal level
3 option letter recd last week.
BS + 6months in Advt

HTH

Last edited by a moderator:
Job Experience option

There is a clause about materially different option in Labor Certification. If you can prove that you have done a "materially different job" in the past working in the same company (or its foreign sister company) when compared to your current job (e.g. testing vs development) you would be able to claim the materially different job as your job experience. I hear Microsoft does this all the time as they hire (atleast hired in the past) lots of fresh graduates after MS. Of course, you lawyer screwed up not spotting this earlier. My company lawyers asked me to move to another position so as to declare my experience in the company as materially different (which I did).

Note that this clause would disappear when PERM comes along, atleast according to the last draft..

vizadeus said:
Hi All,
quite new around here so I hope I won't ask stupid questions.
I'm waiting for my labor certification from San Franciso office posted in January 2003. My lawyer is asking me now about my previous experience other than the company that applied for my LC. The problem is that I've been working for this company since I grauated in '99 back in my country and transfered over here with a H1B visa although in a different position. Is anybody in the same situation? Does DOL require that your experience should not be within the same company?

thanks for your time!

Congratulations!!!

GreenPath,

First of all, congratultions on your LC approval. Would you like to share some details of your case? Did you receive any RFE at either state or federal level?
Where are you located?

Thanks.
Sam

quetions about names

I am a Chinese. My name sounds strange to Americans. Therefore, I used "Jeff" as my name for everyday life in the company.
Now, trouble comes. When I am gethering emails from my customers. My name always appear as "Jeff" in the email. These emails will be used for envidence showing my knowledge is useful to other researchers in the field.
My question is: 1.Can I use these emails as envidence?
2. Do I need to explain the name discrepancy? How?
3. Post 911, government is very sensitive to alias. If I put my English name as alias in the I-140 and 485, will it cause trouble?

Thanks

xyr888 said:
GreenPath,

First of all, congratultions on your LC approval. Would you like to share some details of your case? Did you receive any RFE at either state or federal level?
Where are you located?

Thanks.
Sam

Thanks,
Located in CA.
No RFE's.

Help! Help! Help!

Last week I rec'd an email from my lawyer saying 'The state work force agency has requested some additional information regarding the application' they wouldn't tell me the details. I found out from my manager that state work force agency wants retest the market for my position. The lawyer is telling to my manager that even one day of retest market may be problematic. Now they are holding on my PR processing. I don't know what's that mean. What will happen if I chose to retest the market? Is any risk that I will lose my job if 'retest' got good responses? Can anyone give me some suggestions?
I'm with large company (with layoffs) in Bay Area.
LC filed date: 03/06/2002
DOL rec'd date: 02/28/2003

goingnowhere said:
Last week I rec'd an email from my lawyer saying 'The state work force agency has requested some additional information regarding the application' they wouldn't tell me the details. I found out from my manager that state work force agency wants retest the market for my position. The lawyer is telling to my manager that even one day of retest market may be problematic. Now they are holding on my PR processing. I don't know what's that mean. What will happen if I chose to retest the market? Is any risk that I will lose my job if 'retest' got good responses? Can anyone give me some suggestions?
I'm with large company (with layoffs) in Bay Area.
LC filed date: 03/06/2002
DOL rec'd date: 02/28/2003

DOL might have requested RETEST or sent you 3 Option Letter. What was the experience requirement on LC ? Anything lessthen MS+6 Months or BS+3 years mostly gets this 3 option letters due to Carlson Memo. Many People has chosen RETEST option successfully ... What you need to do is put 1 day ad in local news paper & wait for 3 weeks worth of responses, you might want to change advertisement slightly (no major changes) to avoide more responses. Carefully redrafting advertisement, choosing the right newpaper & using good reasons of disqualifying the responses is the KEY !...

Employer Remanded Cases

Anyone still out there who is affected by employer remanded cases? Or there arent any...and that would make me the odd man out! Are there any updates at all?

Seems like people who filed their cases way way later than me are getting their labor certs approved!

I guess the best option is to leave the current workplace, find a new job and just file for a new labor app...at least that way there are no false promises of backlog reduction, PERM etc...

HopeAlive said:
gp111,

do you have datewise (RD DOL) breakup for the cases in March and April? Thanks.

Here you go !
3/03/2003 ::::::: 74
3/04/2003 ::::::: 55
3/05/2003 ::::::: 29
3/06/2003 ::::::: 13
3/07/2003 ::::::: 78
3/10/2003 ::::::: 225
3/12/2003 ::::::: 47
3/13/2003 ::::::: 134
3/17/2003 ::::::: 140
3/19/2003 ::::::: 42
3/20/2003 ::::::: 76
3/24/2003 ::::::: 130
3/27/2003 ::::::: 125
3/31/2003 ::::::: 251
4/01/2003 ::::::: 1
4/02/2003 ::::::: 16
4/03/2003 ::::::: 12
4/04/2003 ::::::: 96
4/07/2003 ::::::: 20
4/11/2003 ::::::: 160
4/14/2003 ::::::: 250
4/16/2003 ::::::: 47
4/18/2003 ::::::: 24
4/21/2003 ::::::: 142
4/22/2003 ::::::: 48
4/23/2003 ::::::: 56
4/24/2003 ::::::: 71
4/25/2003 ::::::: 14
4/26/2003 ::::::: 1
4/28/2003 ::::::: 116
4/30/2003 ::::::: 1

gp111,

Do you have information of how many cases in August, September and October? My RD is 10-30-03.
Your information is really helpful. Thanks

laengineer said:
gp111,

Do you have information of how many cases in August, September and October? My RD is 10-30-03.
Your information is really helpful. Thanks
Can you please include June 2003 to your list ?

Could you please explain how to get these number by date-wise ? Is there any site or just by calling AVM ?

Thanks
dkgdkg !

Status
Not open for further replies.