San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
dask_1 said:
what did it say dry heat in your case?
my dol receipt date was 02/18/2003 and I hear receive in the avm.Does this mean that I got 3 options letter???
Thanks

Mine is 2/19/2003. Thats why I am nervous.

Missing Case_Num

Hello GP111
There lots of case numbers are missing from "flcdatacenter" database, i.e. from case # 09574829 till 10003284. Do you have any idea, where or how can I find the status or range of case numbers?
Thanks

dude123 said:
Hello GP111
There lots of case numbers are missing from "flcdatacenter" database, i.e. from case # 09574829 till 10003284. Do you have any idea, where or how can I find the status or range of case numbers?
Thanks

flcdatacenter is only updated till First Week of August 2003, unless they update it there is no way we can get remaining database. Email System has not been working for over one year now.

WaitingonLC said:
1)Is it advisable to join the company ''B'' by leaving the company ''A''
2)Is it better to stick with the company ''A'' and wait for 8 months and neglect the LC from company ''B''
3)What is the probability of certifying the case from company ''A'' based on the information that I have provided in the previous post?
4)What is the probability of not certifying the case from company ''A'' based on the information that I have provided in the previous post?
5)How much time it will take for the DOL to get to my case?

I really appreciate all of your suggestions/commnets on my unsolved issue.Thank you all in advance

Agree with pdm,

Not sure how carlsonmemo affects you, Your requirement on LC with comp.A is BS + 1 or 2 yrs. And also about uncertinity when this lc gets certify.

If i were you, if i have an approved LC, and getting subsititued or if it is approved in your case. What I need to check is whether that company B is financialy viable for next 6 months from the date it applies for I-140 which is time limit that anybody can withdraw there appln.

However I have found Lady luck is more important than any efforts which is more important to you in both cases.

conclusion: If i were you , use the approved one, Negotiate with company B for early filing ( however we have to suffer untill 485 approval and get Freedom). Dont brood on whatever decesion you take and dont look back on the decesions you have made perticulary in this case.( some times good , some times bad). Wish you all the Best

Disclaimer : It is your call

-mnhrdc
rd 5/03

Birth Certificate Requirement for Green Card

I do not have any official Indian Birth Certificate . Please advice/share your experience regarding alternate documents which can be used as Birth Certificate for Green Card processing.

In_GC_Race said:
From immigration-law.com

* There is a wide spread rumor in the immigration lawyers community that the OMB review will not be completed until the November election is over. This rumor is premised on the theory that the White House is strongly opposing this regulation for the reason that it may be taken as an amnesty by the public and can affect the election. However, this rumor can materialize only if the President turns down the regulation because of the law that governs the OMB review. Because of the OMB review rule, the PERM regulation will have to be either rejected by the President or approved within 180 days from the date of submission of the regulation by the DOL, which was February 23, 2004. Let's review the OMB review rules.

* The law that governs the OMB review is Executive Order 12866 of October 4, 1993. The Section 6 (b)(2) provides that OIRA (subunit of OMB) "shall" waive or notify the agency in writing of the results of its review within the following time periods: (A) For any notices of inquiry, advance notices of proposed rulmaking, or other preliminary regulatory actions prior to a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking, within 10 working days after the date of submission of the draft action to OIRA. (B) For all other regulatory actions, within 90 calendar days after the date of submission of the information..., unless OIRA has previsouly reviewed this information and, since that review, there hs been no matierial change in the facts and circumstancds upon which the regulatory action is based, in which case, OIRA shall complete its review within 45 days; and (C) The review process may be extended (1) once by no more than 30 calendar days upon the written approval of the Director and (2) at the request of teh agency head.

* The PERM regulation falls under Section 6(b)(2)(B) and (C). As we reported earlier, the DOL Foreign Labor Certification Chief disclosed that there was material changes to the Proposed PERM regulation as the DOL's final regulation incorporated substantial changes to the published Proposed PERM Regulation. Accordingly, under the Section 6(b)(B), the OMB was given 90 days to complete the review, which expired on May 21, 2004. However, the DOL Chief also disclosed that on May 21, 2004, it requested the OMB to extend the review because of the concerns of fraud raised by its sister/brother federal agencies and apparently part of the regulation were revised. Under the Section 6(b)(2)(C), the OMB was given only 30-day extension, which expired on June 20, 2004.

* Why this regulation is still under the OMB review and under what authority? The Section 7 of the Executive Order 12866 states that in the event that there is a conflict among agencies which cannot be resolved by the Director of OIRA(OMB), it moves to the Vice President to resolve the conflict and the President and Vice President make a decision. Under the provision, though, such resolution must be made within 60 days from the referral by the Director. Assumedly, this 60-day also expired on August 20, 2004. The fact that the case is still at the OMB reflects that the OMB could not resolve the conflict and turned over to the Vice President for resolution. Otherwise, the OMB should have completed by June 20, 2004 one way or another. The OMB cannot arbitrarily change the review period. Now the expiration date of the resolution of the issues by the Vice President and the President is gone, and the President must announce his decision. Under the Executive Order, he does not have authority to extend the OMB review any further, Either he should reject the rulemaking or approve it as far as this reporter see the Executive Order 12866. We hope to see such announcement within next week.

* Interested persons may read the full text of http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/inforeg/eo12866.pdf

Anyone got any updates on this PERM stuff ?

matar_paneer said:
I do not have any official Indian Birth Certificate . Please advice/share your experience regarding alternate documents which can be used as Birth Certificate for Green Card processing.

Its common with almost everybody from India ( not to have a Birth Certificate or No Name on it..) USCIS knows about it. The work around is to get affidavits from two relatives stating you ware born on that day...

Work experience and DOL

Hi GURUS
My labor transferred from SESA Level to DOL. Requirement is BS+ 3 Years of Exp. We haven't submitted work experience letters. Is it must to submit work experience? Is it better to submit now?

Please help!

Retest labor

My employer got a letter from DOL to retest the market. My receipt date was 2/19/2002 and the DOT code was ....031.

Can anyone help me telling what is the next step. My company is going to place a ad this week and may be wait for 2-3 weeks. After that ??? what is going to happen ? and how long does this DOL will make me wait ???

Any help??

spanneerselvam said:
My employer got a letter from DOL to retest the market. My receipt date was 2/19/2002 and the DOT code was ....031.

Can anyone help me telling what is the next step. My company is going to place a ad this week and may be wait for 2-3 weeks. After that ??? what is going to happen ? and how long does this DOL will make me wait ???

Any help??

1 ad in a local News Paper, wait for 3 weeks & submit responses with reason of disqualifications & DOL will approve your case. On an average the wait time is 6 to 8 weeks.

gp111

gp111 said:
1 ad in a local News Paper, wait for 3 weeks & submit responses with reason of disqualifications & DOL will approve your case. On an average the wait time is 6 to 8 weeks.

Thanks for an encouraging reply.

I appreciate your response.

To spanneerselvam

spanneerselvam,

I have the similar situation to you and I'm nervious, too. Could you tell me some details about your case so that I can speculate my case if I'll get 3 option letter in the very near future.
1. What is your job requirement in education and work experience? What are your qualification on these two items?
2. How many ads either print or online have your company posted?
3. Have you got any assessment notices or RFE in the state level-SESA?
4.How does your 3 option letter address, namely what reason did DOl ask your company to re-advertise?

Finally, I think you'll pass after one-day re-advertisement as many others did and passed. You also can e-mail me directly at:
xyr888@yahoo.com

Thanks and good luck! Keep in touch and would like to know some follow-up info. from you.

Sam

spanneerselvam said:

Any help??
Hi spanneerselvam,
Did your employer receive a 3 options letter or a letter saying that they should retst the market????
As far as I know DOL issues a 3 option letter and it is upto the employer to choose which option to go for.

dask_1 said:
Hi spanneerselvam,
Did your employer receive a 3 options letter or a letter saying that they should retst the market????
As far as I know DOL issues a 3 option letter and it is upto the employer to choose which option to go for.

I will be getting the copy in a couple of days and I will let you guys know what it exactly says. The lawyer told me that they are going to re-advertise soon because they have only 60 days to re-test.

Let us see what happens. Very frustrating after 2.5 years of waiting.

BS +2 years questions..

Hi GP & others,

What is the fate of those whose job requirement is BS +2 years exp?? Would they also get 3 option letter ? Thanks in advance.

spanneerselvam said:
I will be getting the copy in a couple of days and I will let you guys know what it exactly says. The lawyer told me that they are going to re-advertise soon because they have only 60 days to re-test.

Let us see what happens. Very frustrating after 2.5 years of waiting.
I am in the same boat.My receipt date was 02/18/2003 and I am hearing the tone of received :mad: in avm which tells me that I/employer/lawyer will be receiving the 3 options letter very soon.You are right after 2.5 yrs of waiting it is very frustating,this is sheer luck man nothing else!!!! what to do we are helpless.
Do let me know how your lawyers are approaching this matter so that I get an idea.My email id is gldas2004@yahoo.com
spanneerselvam as far as I know as per the Carlson memo employers are encouraged to produce resumes which got submitted as a result of the advertisement, and DOL should be convinced that rejection reasons are proper.So one has to act very very professionally in this matter and give no chances to DOL to issue any further NOF s etc.
Thanks spanneerselvam

Status
Not open for further replies.