San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/23/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bala,
I am in the same boat as you are and am in the process working this out with my lawyer. But as far as I have heard so far, you can file a new labor but it would have to be from a different state. Technically this means you need to be working in that state when you are adjucated as a permanent resident.

I am wondering if the dates on the BCIS updates for 485 is the receive date or the Priority date.

>> I-485 Employment-based 12.16.2001

Might be a technical problem

Guys,

I think there is no need to panic as this is happening to every one. The chances are
there might be a technical problem or they might be updating/migrating/upgrading their software.

Similer thing happenend to BCIS database some cases could not be found for few days for 485, 140 and other cases. I thin we need to wait for few days to check back.

It used to be only the email system that does not work. Lets get used to the phone system that does not work

:cool:

Even better, lets get used to a system that does not work. Hey, let's steer the thread to a different subject while DOL cleans their toilet.
How many of you have backup plans and what are they ? Dont you think we owe it to our fellow members to show the possibilities if they haven't thought of an alternative yet ? Some of you may have a Canadian GC and some may plan to return home for good or go for a year and return on a H-1 or L-1.
Let me start with my plan. If the GC Gods don't bless me (which I am praying for secretly) I plan to return to India and continue working for the same employer for a year or two. If I feel like coming back I'll pursue the L-1 or H-1 track. I think I owe a one year break to myself and my family. The possibilities are endless.
How about you guys ?

Hi GreenCardsRUS

What about 7th year extension.Even my 6 years will be ending in the middle of 2004.U didnt think in that way??

Regards
Raj

My 6 years are ending in the end of 2004. I did think about the 7th year extension. But I'd rather not count on it as anything can happen between now and then. I mean, DOL can deny my petition and so can BCIS during the I-140 stage. That's what a backup plan is all about right, hoping for the best and preparing for the worst !

Ya lets wait and see whether the phone system comes up in a day or two. I also cant locate my case # even though mine wasn't a remand. It was denied.

Hope for the best.

As far as the DOL responses go here is what my lawyer said:
DOL HEADQUARTERS MADE A SPECIAL TRIP TO MEET WITH THE COs IN CALIFORNIA. HOWEVER, THEY ARE STILL EXAMINING THE ISSUES AND WILL BE ISSUING GUIDANCE TO ALL DOL REGIONS. THEY HAVE ASKED CALIFORNIA TO HOLD OFF ON ACTING ON THESE CASES UNTIL OFFICIAL GUIDANCE IS ISSUED

I think that you guys are panicking over nothing.I tried the employer phone and the same thing (the phone number couldnot be located)and my case has nothing to do with the computer industry.

So please relax and take a chill pill. Everything is going to be fine.

What can DOL do?

DOL is in dilemma situation now. They can’t approve everybody right away due to the current economy situation and also pressure from the varieties of America labor groups (saying we’re redundant). On the other side, they can’t simply deny us, which will screw up the companies we’re servicing. What can they do? I don’t know and they don’t know too. The final result will rely on which group has bigger power to press on them. I can’t see any crystal clean cut on coming new guidance, which will be good for us. They will keep faltering applicants.

ascii,

"All can see beauty as beauty only because there is ugliness".

I compared some really new numbers 0993xxxx and got the same message...so thats comforting (pun intended :))

Originally posted by spicensour
I think that you guys are panicking over nothing.I tried the employer phone and the same thing (the phone number couldnot be located)and my case has nothing to do with the computer industry.

So please relax and take a chill pill. Everything is going to be fine.

Two questions:

What' s the number to call to get case number by giving employer's phone number?

Which option should i take to get there?

Thanks

It is (415) 975-4617 (1 - 2)

Originally posted by cala
Two questions:

What' s the number to call to get case number by giving employer's phone number?

Which option should i take to get there?

Thanks

california is a rare state where illegal immigrants are given a higher priority over legal aliens.

People who did not care to follow the immigration laws of this country are actually rewarded for it....

DOL phone services

The phone is up and running but if I input my case number, it tells me that case number cannot be lcoated. Is it possible that DOL is not processing anything because their system is down?

LC options

Hello All,

My case is with DOL RD 11/14/2002. I have about an year left now on H1.

Can I file for a new case in another state while continuing the processing of my LC in california??

Responses would be appreciated.

Regards,
SS

No Need to panic about the AVM

Hi Guys,
There is no need to panic about the AVM problem. It has happened several times before. I think whenever they do some clean up or maintenance they shut down the database and work offline. I have heard this message atleast 10 different times. So don't loose your hopes.

Best of luck to you all.

Thanks
eb2august01

ss123,
I think, you can file as many labor certifications (even in the same INS
area) as you want.

DasBabu

Status
Not open for further replies.