S. 1932 Status

My observation regarding BEC/PERM:
1. I see some of my friends got their BEC labor(with PD 2002 end and 2003 beginning) approved recently. Dallas seems to be doing it faster than Philly. So, waiting on BEC labor if atleast PD is 2003 would not be a bad idea as far as you are sure that your employer can prove the ability to pay from the PD(in I140 stage).

2. PERM approvals are quite common now. If you have a BEC labor pending, you could use that PD to file a PERM application. (Here, ability to pay from the date of priority need to be proved in I140 if a question/query arises).

3. A new PEM application without affecting your BEC pending labor is also possible. I my self have a pending application in BEC Philly with 2003 PD. The PERM application with PD October 2005 is approved in Dec and filed I140. The PERM application will not affect the existing pending labor in BEC.

4. As we all expect, there is a good chance for a bill which would remove this retrogression this year.

Suggestion:
a. Apply for PERM as soon as possible if you do not have a pending labor application yet. Dont wait for a bill or anything. Just apply.

b. If your employer is willing, apply for a new PERM application even if a pending labor in BEC.

c. If the advertisement(job details) are same, you could use that PD for a new PERM application. If you are already in 7th year of H1. It would be better to have the PERM as a separate application. Its a decision you have to make.

Note: Ability to pay: The employer is required to prove the ability to pay from the PD. This can be proved either by showing your W2 or by the profit of the company(or a combination of both, balance on account, etc). This may not be required always...but need to be proved if a query comes.

The above is just my observation and suggestion...... You need to take yourown decision on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
This info helps lot for my plans..
Thanks alot for replies tomCT

tomCT said:
My observation regarding BEC/PERM:
1. I see some of my friends got their BEC labor(with PD 2002 end and 2003 beginning) approved recently. Dallas seems to be doing it faster than Philly. So, waiting on BEC labor if atleast PD is 2003 would not be a bad idea as far as you are sure that your employer can prove the ability to pay from the PD(in I140 stage).

2. PERM approvals are quite common now. If you have a BEC labor pending, you could use that PD to file a PERM application. (Here, ability to pay from the date of priority need to be proved in I140 if a question/query arises).

3. A new PEM application without affecting your BEC pending labor is also possible. I my self have a pending application in BEC Philly with 2003 PD. The PERM application with PD October 2005 is approved in Dec and filed I140. The PERM application will not affect the existing pending labor in BEC.

4. As we all expect, there is a good chance for a bill which would remove this retrogression this year.

Suggestion:
a. Apply for PERM as soon as possible if you do not have a pending labor application yet. Dont wait for a bill or anything. Just apply.

b. If your employer is willing, apply for a new PERM application even if a pending labor in BEC.

c. If the advertisement(job details) are same, you could use that PD for a new PERM application. If you are already in 7th year of H1. It would be better to have the PERM as a separate application. Its a decision you have to make.

Note: Ability to pay: The employer is required to prove the ability to pay from the PD. This can be proved either by showing your W2 or by the profit of the company. This may not be required always...but need to be proved if a query comes.

The above is just my observation and suggestion...... You need to take yourown decision on this.

reshmi_retro said:
This info helps lot for my plans..
Thanks alot for replies tomCT

I heard through some sources that we cannot use the PD of RIR or Regular labor pending to a PERM petition. But check with some legal persons.

Hi Sai
Can you please let me know the sources, if you can share..
Because this is important for my decision making..
As my husband's employer did not apply for labour yet..
Thanks
Reshmi

SAI_GIVE_GC2005 said:
I heard through some sources that we cannot use the PD of RIR or Regular labor pending to a PERM petition. But check with some legal persons.

Our efforts to eliminate retrogression. We are LEGIT.

I have been looking at a lot of posts on this website and there seems to be a lot of confusion about who is legit and really interested in our cause and who is faking it to collect money and run with it.

I agree that its hard to trust someone you’ve never met and get involved in discussing strategy, participate etc let alone cut a check of $50.

LET ME BE CLEAR ABOUT SOMETHING HERE:

I have no vested interested in diverting people from any website to any website and re-divert people from one organization to another. If you know someone who works for you and you trust … fine. Go with it.

I personally am really really mad at the retrogression going on in EB GC. I applied for my Labor in Sept 2004. Got it approved in June 2005. I have been sitting on my hands since. I-140 is in process. With the speed things are going now, I will have GC no sooner than 6 years.

AND I AM JUST MAD THAT AFTER ALL THESE YEARS…I CAN’T EVEN APPLY FOR I-485.

Then I came across this website on the morning of 31st DEC and then looked at immigrationvoice.org. Talked to a couple of people on the phone from immigrationvoice.org. I am going to post tomorrow’s agenda of conference call RIGHT HERE.

If you want to participate in this call, either to suggest ideas or to check out if we are legit or not, just register on immigrationvoice.org (ITS FREE) and send an email with your phone numbers (its free) so that we can verify that you are legit and not a heckler who is going to disrupt the conference call.

If you still are not convinced and trust someone else, go with it.

Another thing…immigrationvoice.org is only 4 days old. Bear with us if we are not perfect. But we will surely be fully functional with all the bells and whistles before you know it.

AGENDA for tomorrow’s conference call:

A) HOW TO GENERATE PUBLICITY ABOUT IMMIGRATIONVOICE.ORG. Spread the word that this website is going to consolidate all efforts to have provisions to eliminate retrogression. Convince people that immigrationvoice.org is legit and operated by people WHO DON’T HAVE GC/CITIZENSHIP and are waiting in line for GC.

B) PLAN TO GATHER FACTS FROM BOOKS, AUTHENTIC SOURCES.

There are at least 3 books out there that deal with exodus of talent from this country either due to cultural reasons or due to hostile immigration policy. These books claim that there is competition for talent out there (“Talent” being people like H1Bs, researchers, engineers etc) between US and other countries and USA IS LOSING. Check out “Flight Capital” by David Heenan and “The flight of the creative class” by Richard Florida.

We want those facts to convince congress that eliminating retrogression is not only in an immigrant’s interest, BUT IN THE INTEREST OF AN AVERAGE AMERICAN EMPLOYER. We are not looking for a frigging charity or a handout. We are not saying “O dear congress, give us a green card and we shall be eternally thankful to thy congress”. That is a wrong strategy and an unnecessary one.We are legal immigrants. We are not looking for amnesty. Just a fair deal for people who stand in line for GC and play by the rules, pay their taxes, protect their status and obey the rule of the law.

We are looking to consolidate an already existing symbiotic relationship. A win-win situation.

C) BEST STRATEGY TO INFLUENCE CONGRESS.

By this time, anyone who is not living under a rock knows that there is a comprehensive immigration bill coming up before congress. The bill will be introduced, debated and most likely passed. The question is whether or not the retrogression relief measures are included or thrown out. We dont have more than 3 weeks to get out act together.

We need to plan a strategy to

1) Convince congress with FACTS and NUMBERS how the current H1B program has given an edge to US employers and contributed to the society in general and how it is in America’s interest to put this symbiotic relationship on a solid ground by speeding up Employment based green card.
2) To work with congress, devise a strategy to meet them in person, as many as possible. Create an A-list of senators and congressmen who have the most say in committees and sub-committee hearings. We would work to communicate and convince these men first and then have a message machine to send a blanket message to ALL.

Eventually we will cease conference calls because they are in inefficient way of mass-discussions. Blogs are forums are much more effective to pool ideas and devise strategy. As we get more people to enroll in immigrationvoice.org, it will become exclusive destination for all ideas and posts.

If you are still not convinced and go with someone else or go with do-nothing-and-hope-for-best strategy, then go ahead.

OTHERWISE GO TO IMMIGRATIONVOICE.org, register and participate. And you wont lose a dime by doing that.

Hello every one

I am new here but watching this board for some time. Its very impressive that you guys are putting tremendous amount of effort and energy to find some solution which should commendable with out any question or doubt. I think it looks to me that you guys are focussing maninly on how to get/reach the congress men/senator and convince them about the retrogression problems. May I suggest it would be fruitful if you could able to reach the people through the Indian diplomatic channels. May some people will come forward to help you in reaching the senator/congress man. Did you try to explore this area also and try to make a list of people and organizations who could extend some help if at all approached. I think many elite from our community maintain good relations with political guys. Did you think of Bobby, Upendra etc. ?

Please pardon for my ignorance if any such effort is already done before?

rameshNYC said:
I am new here but watching this board for some time. Its very impressive that you guys are putting tremendous amount of effort and energy to find some solution which should commendable with out any question or doubt. I think it looks to me that you guys are focussing maninly on how to get/reach the congress men/senator and convince them about the retrogression problems. May I suggest it would be fruitful if you could able to reach the people through the Indian diplomatic channels. May some people will come forward to help you in reaching the senator/congress man. Did you try to explore this area also and try to make a list of people and organizations who could extend some help if at all approached. I think many elite from our community maintain good relations with political guys. Did you think of Bobby, Upendra etc. ?

Please pardon for my ignorance if any such effort is already done before?

Ramesh,
As a part of our PR strategy, we are infact targetting some of the elite people from not only Indian community but also other international representatives.
But your suggestions are welcome, and infact urge you to join us and help us execute this.
www.immigrationvoice.org

is senate coming back to session in this month?

Hi guys
is senate coming back to session in this month 1st week.
Then we have very less time..

I bought Flight Capital

Hi,

This afternoon I bought David Heenan's Flight capital which by this time most of us know is going to be a useful and authentic source of information to make our case of retrogression relief.

I am going to post the contents of the book here. I read the first 10 pages and they are PRETTY PRETTY GOOD.

If anyone else can purchase this book and also another book by Richard Florida and post factual contents that would consitute our letter to congressmen, that would be swell.

It all going to have the same work done with let smaller number of immigrats, so the ones should be keeped on hook as long as it is possible...

I said at day when retrogression started that it will not be taken off, becuse NOONE HAS PRIORITY IN THAT....mine law person said: file it will be taken off quickly...here we are 6 months later still in the same point.....
elizabeth

katarina victms VS immigration victims

katarina victms VS immigration victims

i was trying to understand , after we had sent so many faxes so many calls to the senators ; congressmen; my thoughts have been changed now ; will the congressmen /senators /etc., will they really help us ????? to come out of this retrogression.

when ever i watch the news about people displaced by Katarina / lost every thing ,have to restart their lives from Zero at different ages /stages of their lives, nothing was done to them and they were the citizens of this country ; this is making me really nervous;

Iam not really sure if iam comparing two different things , but at the same time i feel when people did not care for their own country people will they ever care about immigrants ???

i wish iam wrong in my comparasions , but how can i be wrong ???

Join the effort now or lose forever and get cooked along with illegals.

There is an analysis on the upcoming immigration bill in washingtonpost.com on the frontpage of online version of the paper. In BOLD.

The article majorly deals with the politics of the immigration bill coming in Feb 2006 on both side of the aisle and people's opinion in general.

There is no mention of legal immigration. None. Nothing. NADA. ZIP.

Its all about illegal immigrants(mostly mexicans who jumped the fence on the southern border). And guess what?? Majority of America is against illegal immigration. And my fear is that the winds blowing against illegal kind of immigration will sweep us all in the same bundle and punish the LEGAL kind of immigration. Kind of like GUILT by association.

Here is a quote from washingtonpost.com(Most read inside Washington DC)

The Post-ABC News poll found that four in five Americans think the government is not doing enough to prevent illegal immigration, with three in five saying they strongly hold that view.

The same poll found that 56 percent of Americans believe that illegal immigrants have done more to hurt the country than to help it, with 37 percent saying they help the country. About three in five Republicans and a bare majority of Democrats agreed that illegal immigrants are detrimental to the country

See the whole thing here : http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/02/AR2006010201376.html

My regtrogression brothers and sisters.....IF WE WANT TO END RETROGRESSION and end the H1B blackout WE HAVE GOT TO SEPARATE OURSELVES FROM THE ILLEGAL KIND and point out the congress and the general populace that there is another kind of immigration which is called ***TADA*** LEGAL IMMIGRATION. Its involves a process of granting permenant residence and citizenship to folks who are

1) Present Legally.
2) Entered LEgally.
3) Work legally.
4) Pay their income taxes.
5) Pay their social security and medicare taxes even when there is no guarantee of the benefits of either until they actually become citizens.
6) Play by the rules, file petitions for work permits and for permenant residency.

Our goal is not the hurt or help the cause of illegals but to make sure that we dont get punished due to wrath against them. After all, we played by the rules and we wait in line by the rules. We dont need amnesty. We need fair deal.

I once again urge you all to channel your energy to immigrationvoice.org This is a non-profit established with goal of ending retrogression using the next immigration bill as a vehicle. Its folks like you and me losing sleep over retrogression. People like us wondering "What wrong did I do to deserve another 5-6 years of H1B extensions". I am not asking you to put money upfront. It does not cost anything to enroll or join or volunteer. But pooling ideas is invaluable. Stop sulking. Act now.

IsnAmerica.Org Important Announcement - Just FYI, and to clear the confusions...

IsnAmerica.Org Important Announcement - Just FYI, and to clear the confusions...

It is our responsibility to let community know, the facts about organization and its ownership.

After informed about some defamatory posts in this thread, we are forced to spend some time and post this message, to let visitors know about the facts.
IsnAmerica.Org name/website transferred to organization.
Now it is owned by all the IsnAmerica.Org members.
And we do not have any more time to respond to defamatory comments as it does not help in anyway. Please contact us at
http://www.IsnAmerica.Org for any questions/details.

Please see the below link to know the important facts at IsnAmerica.Org and clear the confusions:

http://www.isnamerica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=398

IsnAmerica.Org core team supports/encourages all organizations, whoever works to benefit immigrants community. IsnAmerica.Org did not have any history of blaming others and we never ever try to blame others. At least it is not our policy. Rather we spend our time on the needful tasks/efforts.
And our strategy is to work at our best capacity.

Ultimately what matters is to work and achieve goals.
Nothing else.

Pls continue efforts at your best capacity to benefit immigrants community. Our support will be there all the times with all the organizations, whoever works for immigrants community.

And we do not have any more time to respond to defamatory comments as it does not help in anyway. Please contact us at http://www.IsnAmerica.Org for any questions/details.

- IsnAmerica.Org Core Team

Last edited by a moderator:
Concern

Guys and Gals

Please stop bickering.

These last few days has caused anxiety in me. It shows we are just NOT mature enough. And this causes me to worry about our influencing / lobbying efforts.

Are we going let our passions run high? or Are we going to be cool-headed and think through the problem which requires a multi-faceted approach?

Let's focus on what we are upto:

1) US businesses are leading efforts to bring some order to this retrogression chaos. Our efforts can only be an adjunct to the main efforts spearheaded by US businesses and their lobbyists. I hope we are all aware that S. 1932 was there because of US businesses. So, question is how can we supplement as well as influence their efforts?

2) Influencing people requires a very very different skillset than information technology programming/ systems integration/ IT architecture/ project management,etc. Most of the people in this forum tend to be related with information technology - lobbying / influencing people requires a skill far different and beyond what most of the people in this forum are accustomed to. So, can we think like stakeholders ("owners") and bring in the "Right" resources ("capable management") to spearhead our cause?

3) This is a free-market society and what we are seeing is "competition" among competing "management" for the same goal. One good way to compete is on "Action-plan" and its execution. And frankly I have seen none of that from any of the competing groups.

So, please COOL down and think ahead. We have a tough task ahead.

And smile - all of us.

Regards

GCStrat :)

Conference call, lobbyist, fund-raising for retrogression relief.

Yesterday there was a conference call where members of immigrationvoice.org participated and pooled ideas. The structure for fund-raising is up and running and the flow of funds is thick and fast so far.

We need these funds to work professionally this time with the help of a strategist who will act as a field coach when we work to lobby congress for eliminating retrogression etc.

A lobbyist does not write Java, C++ code when he needs a computer program. Similary, we cannot match the quality of work done by lobbyist to get a legislation passed. Its not our expertise. Previous efforts of meeting with congressmen have generated very very limited results. No member of congress is going to be rude to you and say "get lost". Everyone will respond by saying "Sorry, we will work for you next time.". They like to hear you and they like to respond but not each congressman will actually do something about it. I am not saying that those efforts never work. They do. But do we have the luxury of time until that happens??

TO IDENTIFY the ears that listen most, we need a lobbyist. TO KNOW THE TIMING when to write letter, meet a congressman in person WE NEED A LOBBYIST. TO learn how not to talk like an Oracle programmer but to talk in a way that convinces congress, we need a lobbyist.

Go to immigrationvoice.org and contribute generously. I have been asking only for comments/posts/ideas so far but now I am asking for funds. Either you can wait for "Others" to do something and rely on legislation that might never come. Or you can DO SOMETHING FOR YOURSELF and act on it.

Sitting on H1B forever, until hell freezes over is going to be a lot tougher than contributing few dollars to non-profit org that will work to eliminate retrogression, allow you to file you I-485 and put your GC within visible distance from where you are now. Go to immigrationvoice.org now.

logiclife said:
Yesterday there was a conference call where members of immigrationvoice.org participated and pooled ideas. The structure for fund-raising is up and running and the flow of funds is thick and fast so far.

We need these funds to work professionally this time with the help of a strategist who will act as a field coach when we work to lobby congress for eliminating retrogression etc.

A lobbyist does not write Java, C++ code when he needs a computer program. Similary, we cannot match the quality of work done by lobbyist to get a legislation passed. Its not our expertise. Previous efforts of meeting with congressmen have generated very very limited results. No member of congress is going to be rude to you and say "get lost". Everyone will respond by saying "Sorry, we will work for you next time.". They like to hear you and they like to respond but not each congressman will actually do something about it. I am not saying that those efforts never work. They do. But do we have the luxury of time until that happens??

TO IDENTIFY the ears that listen most, we need a lobbyist. TO KNOW THE TIMING when to write letter, meet a congressman in person WE NEED A LOBBYIST. TO learn how not to talk like an Oracle programmer but to talk in a way that convinces congress, we need a lobbyist.

Go to immigrationvoice.org and contribute generously. I have been asking only for comments/posts/ideas so far but now I am asking for funds. Either you can wait for "Others" to do something and rely on legislation that might never come. Or you can DO SOMETHING FOR YOURSELF and act on it.

Sitting on H1B forever, until hell freezes over is going to be a lot tougher than contributing few dollars to non-profit org that will work to eliminate retrogression, allow you to file you I-485 and put your GC within visible distance from where you are now. Go to immigrationvoice.org now.
I agree 100 percent. Everyone if you want GC get ready for the showtime. Contributing money will not damage your reputation. Neither it will make you poor nor it will bring any hardship on you.

You are contributing money for better future so please everyone start donating. If you are thinking of waiting untill the senate comes in sessions and then you will start sending the fax then you are dead wrong. We have seen that the phone and fax did not generate any momentum. It helped us by making all people working in Washington aware of the problem. However, it did not helped us to solve the problem. So please everyone make donation to secure better future.

Helping News from U.S. Chamber

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/060104/chamber_worker_shortage.html?.v=2

U.S. Faces Severe Worker Shortage in Future
Wednesday January 4, 1:42 pm ET
By Jim Abrams, Associated Press Writer
U.S. Chamber Says Nation Faces Worker Shortage, Requires Immigration, Education Changes

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The United States faces a severe worker shortage in the near future, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce said Wednesday in advocating better education for Americans and changes in immigration law to allow in more foreign workers.
ADVERTISEMENT

Chamber President and CEO Thomas Donohue, at a news conference outlining business prospects in 2006, said the country is ill-prepared to deal with the impending retirement of 77 million baby boomers.

"We have yet to secure an adequate supply of working taxpayers to run a growing economy and support an explosion of retirees," he said in his organization's report on the state of U.S. business.

Donohue said that working to pass new immigration law that includes a guest worker program will be among the Chamber's top legislative priorities in the new year. He said the Chamber opposed a bill passed by the House in December, which tightens border security and requires employers to verify the legal status of workers but does not address the guest worker issue.

He dismissed as a "crummy argument" criticisms that the business community wants a guest worker program to secure access to cheap labor. "What American companies want is labor, and we are going to be significantly without it," Donohue said.

The Senate is expected to take up the immigration issue next month, and Donohue said his group will be "working to obtain a bill that provides the workers and is in keeping without our legacy as a welcoming nation."

Donohue said the Chamber has traditionally stayed out of school reform at the state and local level, but has changed its thinking in a global environment where China graduates eight times, and India five times, as many engineers as the United States.

He said the Chamber plans to measure and rank the performance of state school systems, with the aim of helping businesses decide where to locate. The Chamber is also working with other business organizations to double the number of math, science and engineering graduates by 2015.

Donohue said that among the business group's other legislative goals this year will be passing legislation to shore up pension plans, finding a solution to the asbestos litigation crisis, promoting health savings accounts and other new approaches to reducing the number of those without health insurance, and opening the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge and the Outer Continental Shelf to environmentally sound oil and gas exploration.