S. 1932 Status

Important

Guys,

Could some one take leadership to draft a excellent letter addressing all Senator/Congressman, indicating our polite dislike for droping 8001 from S 1932.
The letter will be Fax and mailed to all Senator/Houseman on behalf of 400K high tech Employment based immigration community. Author of letter can take some of important points fron SJ's presentation and lenguage should be polite but at the same time it should have self estime.

I think they should atleast know our contribution to the nation and our hard feeling for droping section 8001.

I am not excellent in drafting a letter, otherwise i would have done it. I seen lot of friend here have excellent commend in effective writting.

Please some should come forward with responsibility. Thanks in advance

All they care is about how the revenue if affected, they don't care how immigrants are affected or solution to this IT slavery.

GCVARUMA said:
News about the High-Tech Visa Plan Dropped From Bill on Yahoo. Link is given below :

Yahoo News

Thanks.
GCVaruma.

khodalmd said:
Waldenpond,

Consider me as a volunteer

khodalnd
rajpatel63@hotmail.com

Thanks

Thank You .... khodalmd,

I would request to everybody who registered at the parallel thread started by Hopeful_123, please check your emails. There are details in the email for the conference call to devise a plan for retrogression issue. And for those who have not yet registered, we urge you to visit the thread to share your information.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=198900

Thanks Again,
WaldenPond

It is not just hi tech workers are affected. There are really a wide spectrum of professionals. I work in a traditional manufacturing field, not related to IT, or any advanced technologies. But there are shortages of professionals. Thanks.

khodalmd said:
Guys,

The letter will be Fax and mailed to all Senator/Houseman on behalf of 400K high tech Employment based immigration community.

Only 165? Where Are The Rest Of You?

Please sign up at http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=198900. Some of the core members who have been active here are planning a few conference calls, etc.

Please sign up - even if all you can do is go and meet YOUR LOCAL representative. Instead of meeting him by yourself, you will be able to meet him or her with a group of people and with a well drafted message & supporting materials.

Please sign up. Let us get organized. We were very emotional last time; making last minute calls, faxes, and praying. Nothing wrong with that. But this time, we can do it right by dividing & conquering.

PLEASE SIGN UP!! YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

I agree, we should use highly qualified professionals.

I am also not in a IT field. I am in traditional construction material field (Civil Engineering). I would say it high tech as I developed ( I sole handedly done for my company) and patented new cold weather concrete with new environmental friendly materials (non-traditional cement) and other three rapid repair products. Repair runway and land jet plane in two hours. Company going to get millions of $$$ on successful commercialization of product.

meg_z said:
It is not just hi tech workers are affected. There are really a wide spectrum of professionals. I work in a traditional manufacturing field, not related to IT, or any advanced technologies. But there are shortages of professionals. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm ready to volunteer from midwest

I'm in IT and more than happy to volunteer.Actually i live in St.Louis
Let me know if i can be of any assistance. Staying in US for almost 7 years and have seen enough and time has come for a better change

WaldenPond said:
Thank You .... khodalmd,

I would request to everybody who registered at the parallel thread started by Hopeful_123, please check your emails. There are details in the email for the conference call to devise a plan for retrogression issue. And for those who have not yet registered, we urge you to visit the thread to share your information.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=198900

Thanks Again,
WaldenPond

More Bad news

I had emailed Ms Lynn Shotwell from Competeamerica.org

She mentioned that Senator Specter tried Extremely hard to get the Eb/H1b provisions into the final draft, but got way too much opposition from the House. Ultimately it was dropped. I asked her if there was any hope for us immigrants now. This is what she said (i Quote)

We hope this can be addressed when the Senate takes up immigration
reform
in February. But given the contentiousness of the House debate over
border
security last week, I believe it will be a long and difficult battle.
Here
is a link to a site that shows where our opponents stand:

http://www.fairus.org/site/PageServer?pagename=media_release102705

Optimism anyone? :)

Guys---------enough is enough

Stop sending emails and faxes for a while.

I have told you guys----the more we shout the more they learn about our problem----and the more they try to be stringent-----as Corporate America and the Desi company which I work for loves us being stuck in GC process.

So just relax. Let us enjoy the holidays.
Let us get together through this board after the holidays and see what we can do. Nobody will care for your faxes and emails now.

We thought by showing some revenues we can get the work done. We are not in India---Nobody is stupid here.

AILA is only worried about H1B increase which they will succeed on Feb.

But EB retrogression forget it. Outsourcing is the way to go. I think they want us to work for them being ouside the country.

When I told the same thing somebody shouted at me saying I am an idiot. But see what happened.

Let us pause for sometime and hopefully there will be an answer next year.

Happy holidays.

labor_replace said:

I have told you guys----the more we shout the more they learn about our problem----and the more they try to be stringent-----as Corporate America and the Desi company which I work for loves us being stuck in GC process.

Let us get together through this board after the holidays and see what we can do. Nobody will care for your faxes and emails now.

We thought by showing some revenues we can get the work done. We are not in India---Nobody is stupid here.

But EB retrogression forget it. Outsourcing is the way to go. I think they want us to work for them being ouside the country.

When I told the same thing somebody shouted at me saying I am an idiot. But see what happened.

Happy holidays.

That being said, now go back to sleep.

stop bothering congressmen,senators

labor_replace said:
Happy holidays.
AS labor_replace said, pls stop harrasing Congressmen/Senators for a while [through email/fax/call].
Give them a break.,
It would not be professional showing our frustation on them .
I knew, it was sad 8001 not at all included, but we should not bother with our frustuation. So pls STOP sending fax/calling/emailing.

labour_replace,

What "enjoyment" of holidays are u talking abt?? You want us to enjoy after being comprehensively beaten. This process has shown me the 2 faced nature of the congressmen and their staff here. They talk to us pretty politely, but as of now we have NO clue if our messages are actually getting thru to the heads. Also even though we meet the congressmen themselves, we have:
1) NO Clue if they actually want to help us, or are just being polite to our faces.
2) Even if they do want to help, how much total support can we gather? The general public (the not-so-smart ones) view us as the enemy!

Guys count me in for any kinda support that you need or any such activity where we can "educate" the law makers. But that being said, i do see the future being rather bleak for us EB immigrants.

"Merry/Sorry" Xmas everyone. Merry for ur bosses, Sorry for us immigrants.

nozdam said:
I had emailed Ms Lynn Shotwell from Competeamerica.org

She mentioned that Senator Specter tried Extremely hard to get the Eb/H1b provisions into the final draft, but got way too much opposition from the House. Ultimately it was dropped. I asked her if there was any hope for us immigrants now. This is what she said (i Quote)

We hope this can be addressed when the Senate takes up immigration
reform
in February. But given the contentiousness of the House debate over
border
security last week, I believe it will be a long and difficult battle.
Here
is a link to a site that shows where our opponents stand:

http://www.fairus.org/site/PageServer?pagename=media_release102705

Optimism anyone? :)

The future looks very very bleak....

nozdam said:
labour_replace,

What "enjoyment" of holidays are u talking abt?? You want us to enjoy after being comprehensively beaten. This process has shown me the 2 faced nature of the congressmen and their staff here. They talk to us pretty politely, but as of now we have NO clue if our messages are actually getting thru to the heads. Also even though we meet the congressmen themselves, we have:
1) NO Clue if they actually want to help us, or are just being polite to our faces.
2) Even if they do want to help, how much total support can we gather? The general public (the not-so-smart ones) view us as the enemy!

Guys count me in for any kinda support that you need or any such activity where we can "educate" the law makers. But that being said, i do see the future being rather bleak for us EB immigrants.

"Merry/Sorry" Xmas everyone. Merry for ur bosses, Sorry for us immigrants.

They are The Politicians, same no matter where you go on earth. Our goal should be to do our best and ofcourse educate them with the difference between
1: Legal and Illegal Immigrants and
2: H1 B and GC (potential new employees Vs already existing ones).

I know it has been real hard for all of us but now we need to move to our next steps and think about the ways we can acheive our goal.

we all have been working very hard, especially few of you, itz great to see so much energy and enthu.

Let's take a moment

Friends

Last couple of months has been so rough and painful to almost all of us(needless to mention,
). But we have learned some lessons too. Remember, battles are always won with a strategy, and i personally feel that we've learned a lesson here. Getting in to frustation leads nowhere and no one cares if we lost sleep or health.What i learned is
1."Yell Early& Yell Loud" so that message can be heard from the vey begining.
2. Now we know who supports immigration issues and who doesn't. Let's have a fresh begining again how to approach those who haven't supported so far
3. With my experience, i can certainly say this: Presenting the numbers (particularly dollars) is always good and a winning point to prove the case
4. Since we don't know how much big companies would come forward(specially at times when Bill Gates and HP announces that they want to hire more people elsewhere). Even if they do, no one knows the political implications of corporate world. So, let's not depend on them
5.One of my strategy is to get more support from universities and other highly regarded institutions, against which anti-immigrant forces can not raise the voice. Even if they do, the impact would be almost negligible

i will add some more again

nozdam

Enjoyment----for learning the the two faced people here. Atleast we have learnt something here.

Now tell me why should anybody bother you or me have GC or not in this country. When the economy goes down your boss is not sure if he is going to have his job or not. So everything is a show until then.

Corporate will lose lot of money if we are given GC soon. So bottom line Corps will lose talented folks if GCs are given at a rapid rate. If you own a company you would think the same.

It also looks like only 30% of the people migrated here are happy while the other 70% are just hanging in as carbon copies(because others are staying here). So GC is not the bottomline though it appears to be---just an illusion.

We have other lessons to learn besides GC. Let us learn one by one and also enjoy the holidays.

But faxing and calling Senators will only deteriorate the situation for post 9/11 era as they are all afraid to relax the immigration rules etc.

labor_replace said:
nozdam

Enjoyment----for learning the the two faced people here. Atleast we have learnt something here.

Now tell me why should anybody bother you or me have GC or not in this country. When the economy goes down your boss is not sure if he is going to have his job or not. So everything is a show until then.

Corporate will lose lot of money if we are given GC soon. So bottom line Corps will lose talented folks if GCs are given at a rapid rate. If you own a company you would think the same.

It also looks like only 30% of the people migrated here are happy while the other 70% are just hanging in as carbon copies(because others are staying here). So GC is not the bottomline though it appears to be---just an illusion.

We have other lessons to learn besides GC. Let us learn one by one and also enjoy the holidays.

But faxing and calling Senators will only deteriorate the situation for post 9/11 era as they are all afraid to relax the immigration rules etc.

I agree with one point, at least until JAN 06 2nd Week, do not bother them.,
Let them ENJOY thier vacation.

Efforts

Folks,

I think this EB Visa capture can happen in 2 ways in the future if a strategy such as this is adopted in my view.

1. Have some Nobel laureates write articles in papers (I saw one of those posted)
2. Getpublicity in local newspapers / national newspapers on how much folks in GC line contibute to US Economy.
3. Generate enough publicity to show how GC seekers are already in Jobs and not displacing US Workers.
4. Show how more work is getting outsourced because of lack of talent in this country - Example Microsoft 1.7 B, Cisco 1 Billion plus, Intel, TI etc...if US wants to stay competitive, they need to retain talents.
5. Show how the govt looses in Taxes if the GC Seekers leave us, even 60 %, and how these jobs would follow them, leading to further weakening of economy !!.