S. 1932 Status

Saggitarian said:
Members and fellow people,
I have been silent for years together and i had to come out of closet to meet fellow people...right or wrong today i ended up writing an email to Dan Abrams at MSNBC and i wanted to share the same with you...i could be criticized for writing an email with out any ones consent...i just had a drive to send an email and i felt what i was doing was right and so i did...apologize if i did step on any ones foot but i kept myself silent for a while and i had to come out clean in open and here is what i sent Dan...

Blame me if you did not like what i told him...i will take it happily because i think what i said is right...

Dan Abrams,

I will be honest here and cut the chase around and i promise not to take a lot of your precious time. I have only watched your evening news for about 2 days now and i feel you are the ONE & ONLY ONE RIGHT GUY to send an email to be introduced to a plight of 400,000 people out there who are stuck in a tube called immigration...that too, legal immigration and not ILLEGAL.

Why am i approaching you with this issue??? Because i found no one else, ever at all, eligible to listen to people like me who had nothing but good to offer to the community and economy...Why are these people stuck and in what actually you might wonder...These 400K people that i am talking about including myself are stuck in legal immigration and its policies over years together...We pay taxes, we abide by the law, we are human beings too but seems like no one cares about us...

We came here(America) like any one else did...with a dream called 'American Dream' but i guess we are the only people though being legitimately here in USA do not know whether we will ever realize our version of American Dream. Stuck with our blood churing and work sucking employers who we cannot leave until we get to be immigrants of this country we are stuck with them...but then if we could convert ourselves to be immigrants soon, we would have been happy...

The policy for a legal non-immigrant to become a legal immigrant has just survived so many years only to hurt, induce pain and take happiness away from people...these days news channels talk about 11 million illegal immigrants, who do not pay taxes or have no insurance or no jobs. Wonder why no body does care about people who are paying taxes, who abide by law and still have to go thru so much of pain...

Do you know that until i get to become a legal immigrant, my wife cannot go out there and work? Ever wonder working all by yourself, not able to think of having kids or buy a home or buy a better car and be stuck with a job where you have a very slim chance of a better living than what you have? Every one else has choices but us people who are stuck in legal immigration do not...

Can you dare enough to not judge any one but just judge our plight and try to research and address it?

This is my first ever approach to a news channel and a last one...i will be happy if i get support from you else i guess i will live on the same way like i did an hour ago...

but i would like to say, i do love/appreciate the way you take things...not scared to what you want to say or doing what you think is right...i would say i have no issues having you as a role model ...

If you ever think of putting more light into this issue i would like to be anonymous and not be known for numerous reasons...

Kudos and regards for your precious time...

Thanks

Saggitarian:

Wonderful letter.... Comes straight out of the heart.

Need help from Hungarian

Is there a Hungarian on this forum. Could you please identify yourself or send a private message .... we need urgent help from someone from Hungary.

Many Thanks,
WaldenPond

update

Hi all

I did send edited version of 'sagiterrian' letter to senetors of colorado and few news channles and news papers of colorado.

Once i get some reply (if) i will update the forum .

Cheers

Aj

Organization/Firm

I heard in News on fox. This is related with Mexico which is trying to block the construction of wall by US. Sources say that Goverment of Mexico is hiring a big firm to improve the relations and also lobbying etc. Not sure how that can be done and what kind of firms are these and I am trying to locate the URL if available on the internet.

Becare ful while talking in public..

Hey guys..

U might be knowing techworkers1 yahoo group is making the talks/discussions in public..
For some reason they started making everything in secured forum..

Then comes 3 mails from anti-immpeople/zazona.com people

Pls becare ful while talking in public forums..
Pls make everything secured and not visible for public..
IsnAmerica.Org already made their discussions to be in secured forum today...
I do not know whether it is coincdence or not.. but the moment isnAmerica.Org made the core group discussions secured and had access to only approved members...
the following 3 posts come..

And IsnAmerica.Org is suggesting not to reply and not to continue unnecessary discussions..
And make all core group discussions/strategies in places where public can not access.

See these , then u understand
Pls read the full content of posts, then u understand how many are there in these forums around us..

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/techworkers1/message/1249
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/techworkers1/message/1250
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/techworkers1/message/1251

and one guy replied a bit harsh
at
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/techworkers1/message/1253
May not be good idea giving replies like that and making unnecessary noice...

waste of time

i had mentioned in this forum long time ago (when this 1932 effort started) that all these efforts are a waste of time. no one here (in america) cares about legal immigrants like us desis. we should all do our time here to make money and $ and go back to des (India) to make our country a better place and aim for "Indian Dream". The future in back home (India & China), my friends. India has taken huge strides in growing.

One thing we should surely fight for is getting back our Social security money. They dont have any right to keep it!!!
I still repeat we should take things to the india authorities (there is a dept specially for NRI in the indian government) and ask them to fight for our social security money. After all it will help both the indian govt and us as individuals.

Give rebuttal that's the only way works...
sk_bayarea said:
Hey guys..

U might be knowing techworkers1 yahoo group is making the talks/discussions in public..

I do not know whether it is coincdence or not.. but the moment isnAmerica.Org made the core group discussions secured and had access to only approved members...

And IsnAmerica.Org is suggesting not to reply and not to continue unnecessary discussions..
And make all core group discussions/strategies in places where public can not access.

Pls read the full content of posts, then u understand how many are there in these forums around us..

at

Update from Shusterman .............

Shusterman talks about the HR 4347 that imposes harsh rules on illegal immigrants. Points out that Senate and President Bust will remove some of the harsh rules and add some provisions before making it a rule. We can still do it, get the support add S.1932 Section 8001 before the bill is signed into effect. It is just the house that opposes it yet .......

http://www.shusterman.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's be careful on this forum..

I know we are all tired & a little sad that our provisions did not go through. But let us be careful in this forum since it is a public forum.

Let us use this forum to think through positively, to take action, to connect & to communicate.

Let us not use this to criticize and to vent. Because it could be used against us.
I invite you once again to sign up at http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=198900&page=1&pp=15

Once we know who is interested in helping out, we can orgnanize this effort much better. I see around 199 sign-ups. I'm hoping to see more.

Thank you.

WaldenPond,

Any progress on "Core group of Volunteer"?

WaldenPond said:
Is there a Hungarian on this forum. Could you please identify yourself or send a private message .... we need urgent help from someone from Hungary.

Many Thanks,
WaldenPond

sk_bayarea said:
Hey guys..

at

After reading this, I don't know I am losing all hopes . Maybe we lost S.1932 bcos Americans are against us. Now I have seriously started thinking if we will ever achive what we want.
Guys, the antiimmigration lobby will never let any immigration reform bill pass.
After all They are the citizens and have right to vote.

I am not fully agreed with rayyan.
I know there is some resistance from anti-immigration lobby. This is not new; they are opposing since many years and eventhough many pro-immigrant laws were enacted. In healthy democracy, one can have oppose for any noble idea or cause. Mahatma Gandhi is the great person of this century. Eventhough some people had opposed his theory.

Anti-immigrants are much concerned about illegal immigrants. They do not have any solid argument to oppose legal, intellegent immigrants. History is witness, and every one know that legal immigrant have significantly contributed to the United States and no one have second openion for this.

My request to every one, please do not get dishearted.

I would request walandenPond to organize meeting of core group with some pro-immigration Senators like Senator Arnel and request him/her to incorporate our interest with appropriate bill as soon as possible.
We must need help from business community, employers, Aila, some active attorny, and some friend organizations.

rayyan said:
After reading this, I don't know I am losing all hopes . Maybe we lost S.1932 bcos Americans are against us. Now I have seriously started thinking if we will ever achive what we want.
Guys, the antiimmigration lobby will never let any immigration reform bill pass.
After all They are the citizens and have right to vote.

Please do not put remarks like this on a public forum. First, this is not what we are and secondly we don't know who else is reading all this besides us. It gives a wrong impression and creates unfavourable atmosphere.

Good Luck to Us

khodalmd said:
I am not fully agreed with rayyan.
I know there is some resistance from anti-immigration lobby. This is not new; they are opposing since many years and eventhough many pro-immigrant laws were enacted. In healthy democracy, one can have oppose for any noble idea or cause. Mahatma Gandhi is the great person of this century. Eventhough some people had opposed his theory.

Anti-immigrants are much concerned about illegal immigrants. They do not have any solid argument to oppose legal, intellegent immigrants. History is witness, and every one know that legal immigrant have significantly contributed to the United States and no one have second openion for this.

My request to every one, please do not get dishearted.

I would request walandenPond to organize meeting of core group with some pro-immigration Senators like Senator Arnel and request him/her to incorporate our interest with appropriate bill as soon as possible.
We must need help from business community, employers, Aila, some active attorny, and some friend organizations.

business community, employers, Aila wants more h1 B rather than solutions to retrogression or more green cards ., they want more cheap tech labor!!

Pamposh said:
Please do not put remarks like this on a public forum. First, this is not what we are and secondly we don't know who else is reading all this besides us. It gives a wrong impression and creates unfavourable atmosphere.

Good Luck to Us

i totally agree with Pamposh...we can put the same message politely...and as a matter of fact....i do not think any american public figure can be what rajGC is trying to say.......thats just dumb outrage....

try to get control of your frustatration.........try to atleast understand the root cause of your problem before targeting any one....

i dont know how many of us know that......the root cause of our problem is our country.....which is not good enough to give us opportunity to grow........in fact i am from india.....things are getting better there...but i do not have much hope since politicians willl **** it up.....because they do not care for anything other than their own profit......

so guys.....its not usa......its your bad luck that you were not born in usa....

techy2468 said:
i totally agree with Pamposh...we can put the same message politely...and as a matter of fact....i do not think any american public figure can be what rajGC is trying to say.......thats just dumb outrage....

try to get control of your frustatration.........try to atleast understand the root cause of your problem before targeting any one....

i dont know how many of us know that......the root cause of our problem is our country.....which is not good enough to give us opportunity to grow........in fact i am from india.....things are getting better there...but i do not have much hope since politicians willl **** it up.....because they do not care for anything other than their own profit......

so guys.....its not usa......its your bad luck that you were not born in usa....

If we ourselves don't respect our country who else will????????