S. 1932 Status

Is it possible to find out why retrogression relief was removed from 1932 Bill and who was/were the culprits of such evil action?
I can't find any answer besides "evil people"!

Another suggestion - Lobbying Front..

Folks,

If all the EB affected victims contribute to a lobbying firm that you all think is very effective with good politicial connections, I am sure this may be the way to go. I assume a 10 or 15 $ contribution per head would net a decent amount for them to get interested in pursuing the "EB Retro " issues seriously with folks in Washington. Unless and untill we all contribute for this fund and get a good lobbying firm to work twowards EB Capture, I do not see much future in folks writing emails/faxes/phones they will simply throw it into garbage. I am not trying to put down anyone here.. Put yourself in the shoes of lawmaker..what do they care about you ?, unless a lobbyist comes into picture and sets things right. For now, this is my strong opinion, to make sure we have a strong cash kitty and that way we can effectively deal with it. Folks can suggest how they wish to contact the lobbying firm and also how to channel the funds for this cause. We need to trust the lobbying firm and the individuals who will work for this cause actively. If 80,000 people put 15 dollars we have enough $ to pursue this effective;y.

please calm down

i totally understand the pain and frustation as you are not alone and we all are having this pain. please let's not get angry, probably if you stand in their shoes things look different.
I'm not all supporting what they did. if they have double mind, they shouldn't have passed this bill in the first instance itself in house and senate. Sure, it doesn't make sense. but i think more than politicians, the real killer factor is "big companies have not pushed for much at this time" for what ever reasons
for example, arctic drilling is a major factor but some companies wanted it anyhow, so they lobbied, pushed and got it
in the same context, some big companies MUST have been on this bill to support our cause which i doubt, not happened.

Again let me reiterate, even big companies push for this in the future, i don't think it will help much. instead we have to pool up other sources of support such as universities and other institutions

archkre said:
Is it possible to find out why retrogression relief was removed from 1932 Bill and who was/were the culprits of such evil action?
I can't find any answer besides "evil people"!

IsnAMerica.Org is having some secrued forum only access to core members

IsnAMerica.Org is having some secrued forum only access to core members
It really helps to avoid discouraging people/distractions..

And that secured forum link is:

http://www.nripost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336
It can be access only for core members it seems, not for all..

I tried to access but cud not get access to it..
Umm it makes sense and they are cooking some thing..

Pls see the following message from
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/techworkers1/message/1209
------------------------------>>>>
Looks good to me - let me know how/when you want to go about doing this. Also please arrange for a conf. call after we identify the members.
Raj

"Ravi Kota IsnAmerica.Org" <rkkota2004@yahoo.com> wrote:
So we have some secured way of communicating..Pls suggest how we can
use this at the best..

And public does not have access to it..

Can not we make this special group discussions/senstivie issues
talking in this thread rather talking in public..

It will help a lot in future, by keeping some sensitive activities in
secured thread and not for public access.

I can take the responsibility of talking to each memeber interested to
join this group..and find out whether they are part of us.. we can
easily figure out depends on their nationality..and 10 seconds phone
talk..

Thanks
Ravi

I guess for Publicity for future immigration battles, how about sending a detailed email to Bill O'Reily on FOX channel? He is sensible enough to cover this in his program... and since his show is widely popular, our immigration problems will get more visibility.

might sound stupid but media coverage is very important!

ISNAmerica

Guys,

I have seen some people keep writing about joining hands with the ISNAmerica group and very few here has done that. ISNAmerica.ORG jas already done the ground work that is discussed here like for the next phase (Comprehensive Immigration Reform bill)

1. Registration of the Organization
2. Up and actively updating Web Site
3. Ability to accept funds if needed for Professional Lobbying (they are going to talk to the lobbyist who did the lobbying for ISN.ORG in 2000 that succeeded in getting AC21)
4. Active forum with verious relevant threads
5. Having more than 20,000 members
6. Ability to Fax whenever needed (I know people here used that)
7. Support and Guidance from the members of ISN that did the work in 2000 and got great deal of success.

So I would urge please please go and join hands together with ISNAmerica (www.isnamerica.org), they are working to gather the Retrogression effected community from all over United states. I read somewhere that we are 400K immigration aspirants and even if 10% join hands together under one banner we will be 40,000.

from all the posts here it looks there are lots of great people with great leadership skills and various other skills that is needed and requested by ISNAmerica.

Thanks
Saurabh

labor_replace said:
nozdam

Enjoyment----for learning the the two faced people here. Atleast we have learnt something here.

Now tell me why should anybody bother you or me have GC or not in this country. When the economy goes down your boss is not sure if he is going to have his job or not. So everything is a show until then.

Corporate will lose lot of money if we are given GC soon. So bottom line Corps will lose talented folks if GCs are given at a rapid rate. If you own a company you would think the same.

It also looks like only 30% of the people migrated here are happy while the other 70% are just hanging in as carbon copies(because others are staying here). So GC is not the bottomline though it appears to be---just an illusion.

We have other lessons to learn besides GC. Let us learn one by one and also enjoy the holidays.

But faxing and calling Senators will only deteriorate the situation for post 9/11 era as they are all afraid to relax the immigration rules etc.

Hey labor_replace,

I completely agree with you, for companies on the face of it there is no obvious reason to speed up our GC process. Same sh..t for local folks - many of them lost their jobs because of us, now they are yelling 'get outta here', and their voice is loud. Have you guys seen the discussion right below this article? http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051219/ap_on_go_co/congress_high_tech_visas
That's really impressive. But it looks like those people are a little bit out of sync with what they are doing. They keep chanting stupidly the same mantra 'no H1B, no outsource', but in fact the two things are alternative. I tried to raise this point, but nobody had grey matter in their heads to focus on.

The point is - yes, H1B is a bad mistake from US-folks prospective, but it's a DOUBLE mistake. First mistake - they let us in. The second one - they let us out.

1) Every H1b guy who leaves the country is a 99.99% outsourcer. After 5 or more years here we gathered some experience, contacts etc, and we are ideal candidates over there, that's not even a question. And there is a high possibility that such an ex-H1B will be a manager in his/her home country, will start recruit local geeks in a big scale. I call it a 'cumulative effect' - by obtaining my cubicle in Bay Area local people can potentially lose some project along with a bunch of people.

2) Yet another point, now from employer prospective. Yes, they had pulled my leg for 3 years and finally started my RIR at the very possible end, so now I'm facing a long wait in front of me even though I'm not from India or China - looks like a smart tactics from their point of view. But it's just tactics, not strategy. 6 years on H1b is a sort of psychologic deadline after which I start scratching my head and draw conclusions of what I've done and what to do next with my life. And honestly I'm about to give up, there's a limit of a human's patience. Something tells me that many other people who entered US back in 1999-2000 (heck, there's a lot of them!) are going the same direction. I mean thinking about Canada, UK, home country etc. So my employer probably expected to have me for a long time, but I'm about to leave much sooner. Then they'll need to find a substitute, teach that new person, the person will f..ck up a couple releases etc.

3) And the third point. What is a biggest danger for American economy right now? A real estate bubble explosion. While waiting for GC I've been collecting money for downpayment. So did many of my H1B friends here. Potentially we were players on this market, now we're disappearing along with our savings. May be I'm overestimating such impact, but I had seen a similar thing on car sales in Bay Area in 2001, and that was substantial.

Happy Holidays, everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
bunny01 said:
I guess for Publicity for future immigration battles, how about sending a detailed email to Bill O'Reily on FOX channel? He is sensible enough to cover this in his program... and since his show is widely popular, our immigration problems will get more visibility.

might sound stupid but media coverage is very important!

I don't think O'Reily will support immigration. He is very orthodox republican and mostly won't go for it.

When the AC21 passed in 2000 the economy was good and business lobbed for it and now its a total different story with the economy so 8001 getting cut down is obvious since business is not backing it.

Looking at the way the past days events went:

1. Faxes, phone call and email won't work
2. Metting senators and house rep is much better . These meetings must be better organized rather than individual or couple of people meeting them.
3. Strong Lobbying is a must and advice from good attorney like Matthew Oh guidance will be very helpful.
4. Having good Media coverage towards legal pro-immigration will add lot of weightage. Remember Media has very tricky people under wrong hands things can go southward.
5. The flight in Feb is much more worse as things are understood differently for illegals since the country and people want illegals to become guest workers only and no long term returns. The congress will be more confused then now were they thought it is H1.
6. Adding H1 increase of 30,000 to EB Visa Retrogression changes was a bad addition.

Members and fellow people,
I have been silent for years together and i had to come out of closet to meet fellow people...right or wrong today i ended up writing an email to Dan Abrams at MSNBC and i wanted to share the same with you...i could be criticized for writing an email with out any ones consent...i just had a drive to send an email and i felt what i was doing was right and so i did...apologize if i did step on any ones foot but i kept myself silent for a while and i had to come out clean in open and here is what i sent Dan...

Blame me if you did not like what i told him...i will take it happily because i think what i said is right...

Dan Abrams,

I will be honest here and cut the chase around and i promise not to take a lot of your precious time. I have only watched your evening news for about 2 days now and i feel you are the ONE & ONLY ONE RIGHT GUY to send an email to be introduced to a plight of 400,000 people out there who are stuck in a tube called immigration...that too, legal immigration and not ILLEGAL.

Why am i approaching you with this issue??? Because i found no one else, ever at all, eligible to listen to people like me who had nothing but good to offer to the community and economy...Why are these people stuck and in what actually you might wonder...These 400K people that i am talking about including myself are stuck in legal immigration and its policies over years together...We pay taxes, we abide by the law, we are human beings too but seems like no one cares about us...

We came here(America) like any one else did...with a dream called 'American Dream' but i guess we are the only people though being legitimately here in USA do not know whether we will ever realize our version of American Dream. Stuck with our blood churing and work sucking employers who we cannot leave until we get to be immigrants of this country we are stuck with them...but then if we could convert ourselves to be immigrants soon, we would have been happy...

The policy for a legal non-immigrant to become a legal immigrant has just survived so many years only to hurt, induce pain and take happiness away from people...these days news channels talk about 11 million illegal immigrants, who do not pay taxes or have no insurance or no jobs. Wonder why no body does care about people who are paying taxes, who abide by law and still have to go thru so much of pain...

Do you know that until i get to become a legal immigrant, my wife cannot go out there and work? Ever wonder working all by yourself, not able to think of having kids or buy a home or buy a better car and be stuck with a job where you have a very slim chance of a better living than what you have? Every one else has choices but us people who are stuck in legal immigration do not...

Can you dare enough to not judge any one but just judge our plight and try to research and address it?

This is my first ever approach to a news channel and a last one...i will be happy if i get support from you else i guess i will live on the same way like i did an hour ago...

but i would like to say, i do love/appreciate the way you take things...not scared to what you want to say or doing what you think is right...i would say i have no issues having you as a role model ...

If you ever think of putting more light into this issue i would like to be anonymous and not be known for numerous reasons...

Kudos and regards for your precious time...

Thanks

Saggitarian said:
I have been silent for years together and i had to come out of closet to meet fellow people...right or wrong today i ended up writing an email to Dan Abrams at MSNBC and i wanted to share the same with you...i could be criticized for writing an email with out any ones consent...i just had a drive to send an email and i felt what i was doing was right and so i did...apologize if i did step on any ones foot but i kept myself silent for a while and i had to come out clean in open and here is what i sent Dan...

Blame me if you did not like what i told him...i will take it happily because i think what i said is right...

Dan Abrams,

I will be honest here and cut the chase around and i promise not to take a lot of your precious time. I have only watched your evening news for about 2 days now and i feel you are the ONE & ONLY ONE RIGHT GUY to send an email to be introduced to a plight of 400,000 people out there who are stuck in a tube called immigration...that too, legal immigration and not ILLEGAL.

Why am i approaching you with this issue??? Because i found no one else, ever at all, eligible to listen to people like me who had nothing but good to offer to the community and economy...Why are these people stuck and in what actually you might wonder...These 400K people that i am talking about including myself are stuck in legal immigration and its policies over years together...We pay taxes, we abide by the law, we are human beings too but seems like no one cares about us...

We came here(America) like any one else did...with a dream called 'American Dream' but i guess we are the only people though being legitimately here in USA do not know whether we will ever realize our version of American Dream. Stuck with our blood churing and work sucking employers who we cannot leave until we get to be immigrants of this country we are stuck with them...but then if we could convert ourselves to be immigrants soon, we would have been happy...

The policy for a legal non-immigrant to become a legal immigrant has just survived so many years only to hurt, induce pain and take happiness away from people...these days news channels talk about 11 million illegal immigrants, who do not pay taxes or have no insurance or no jobs. Wonder why no body does care about people who are paying taxes, who abide by law and still have to go thru so much of pain...

Do you know that until i get to become a legal immigrant, my wife cannot go out there and work? Ever wonder working all by yourself, not able to think of having kids or buy a home or buy a better car and be stuck with a job where you have a very slim chance of a better living than what you have? Every one else has choices but us people who are stuck in legal immigration do not...

Can you dare enough to not judge any one but just judge our plight and try to research and address it?

This is my first ever approach to a news channel and a last one...i will be happy if i get support from you else i guess i will live on the same way like i did an hour ago...

but i would like to say, i do love/appreciate the way you take things...not scared to what you want to say or doing what you think is right...i would say i have no issues having you as a role model ...

If you ever think of putting more light into this issue i would like to be anonymous and not be known for numerous reasons...

Thanks

Good letter !!

Latest from numbersusa ...........

Latest from numbersusa.com .......

Sen. Specter's 350,000-A-Year Immigration Increase 'Sneak' Attack on American Workers Squashed by House

The radical immigration provisions proposed by Sen. Arlen Specter (R-PA) for inclusion in the Budget Reconciliation bill have been erased by the House in conference action. On Monday, December 19th, the House passed a conference report that excludes the 350,000 permanent green cards for foreign workers and their families and the 30,000 extra H-1B temporary visas for high-tech workers that the Specter plan contained. This would have been the greatest immigration blow to American communities and workers since the 1990 Immigration Act increased annual immigration by a similar amount. Only the 1965 Immigration Act had more disastrous consequences than would the Budget Reconciliation bill. Sen. Specter's at-first sneak efforts over the past two months were facilitated by one of his staffers who has a close relationship with a Microsoft lobbyist. The massive increases were the work of Microsoft and its nearly endless supply of money to undermine American workers. Monday's victory in the House is truly a testament to the fact that American workers can and do have more power than Microsoft and more power than all of Bill Gates' dreams of a global workforce in which all Americans have to bid for American jobs in competition with all the rest of the world's workers. The Senate is expected to concur with the conference report in the next few days.

Drowning the U.S. Labor Force and Importing Poverty

Sen. Arlen Specter (R-PA) is circulating a draft immigration bill for the purpose, he says, of encouraging discussion. NumbersUSA has prepared the following analysis of this draft. While the Specter proposal has many strong enforcement provisions, including mandatory employment eligibility verification through the Basic Pilot program, the benefits to the American people would be far outweighed by the proposals’ massive increase in immigration and foreign worker importation. This analysis provides an overview only of the parts of the proposal that address amnesty, guest workers, and legal, permanent immigration levels; it does not cover the sections of the proposal dealing with enforcement. Almost all of the enforcement provisions in the Specter proposal are identical to those in Sen. Cornyn’s S. 1438, as examined in this section-by-section analysis.

Amnesty by Any Other Name: Specter proposal would Reward Illegal Aliens with Work Permits and, Eventually, Citizenship.

The Specter proposal copies the five-year exit amnesty in the Cornyn bill with one big exception: he forgot about the “exit” part. Specter would allow all illegal aliens to apply to adjust either to the H-5A status described below or to legal permanent residence. As is noted below, the number of illegal aliens who adjust to H-5A status does not count toward the cap on H-5A visas. Essentially, then, the time it takes an illegal alien to obtain legal permanent residence and then citizenship depends only on how long it takes him to find an employer willing to file a petition.

US Senate overruled: Visa hike spiked

US Senate overruled: Visa hike spiked

Updated: Tuesday, December 20, 2005 at 1509 hours IST

Indo-US Washington, December 20: A Senate-passed measure to provide additional foreign worker visas in high-tech and specialty fields has been dropped from a budget bill, disappointing technology and manufacturing companies in search of skilled workers.

The Senate plan would have allowed 30,000 more of the popular H1-B visas each year and increased fees for those visas to help trim the budget deficit. Congress capped the six-year H-1B visas at 65,000 per year in 2004. The cap already has been reached for the fiscal year that began on October 1.

The Senate language also would have allowed 90,000 more employment-based green cards that offer permanent residency to skilled workers and added fees for those.

Critics contend the visas give foreigners high-level jobs that should go to American workers, and some Republicans in the House of Representatives opposed the plan, as a backdoor way to boost immigration.

The House and Senate negotiators left it out of the final version of a $39.7 billion federal budget bill that passed the House 212-206 and was expected to get a Senate vote later on Monday.

"This is very, very disappointing," said Sandy Boyd, a vice president at the National Association of Manufacturers. "What's distressing about this, and what the Senate clearly understood, is there is a real global competition for this work and for these employees, and the question is not whether the work is going to get done, it's where is the work going to get done. We've missed a real opportunity by not ensuring the work would be done here."

Good Job

Saggitarian:
Good Job. Nicely drafted letter. Thanks for your energy and time.

Saggitarian said:

Dan Abrams,

Thanks

nice

Nice letter Saggitarian. Perhaps we should send this to all big guns in media like larry king , bill o rilley , etc etc

Also our next efforts should clearly mention about LEGAL IMMIGRANTS.

awesome letter again

Cheers

AJ

Unless we do not show our dislike in one voice for dropping 8001, how should they know?
Some of the anti-immigration congressmans (perticularly few moderate republicans) have argued that this will take better care of during immigration reform bill (their intension was "Delay and kill"). It was our hard luck that our section was attached with contraversial bill. Even though many democrate was convinced for 8001, they would have not vote for bill as they do not like other things.
Republican conference leadership have no option but to bent knee to black mail of thier own party. This is tragedy of democracy; Lalu/ Jaylalita can black mail PM with 10 MPs.

I can bet, if separate bill was produced (only contain of 8001/8002), it would have passed in both the houses. Remember, senate has rejected Senator Byrd's proposal with 85 vs 14. I like American politicians because they are some what transperent and always think about nation interest. If they are not supporting any issue or bill, they will openly post on web or tell that I am not supporting. I obsered that many people personally met some of them and talked to almost every one. Most of them are positive on retrogression issue

My personal analysis and conclusion:

It was our hard luck that immigration package was attached with very contraversial bill and we lost it. If it will produce stand alone or attach with good bill, definately we will win

It is time to write letter in a polite way and request to prepare separate bill as original proposal of immigration reform bill is not going to serve purpose.

Be united, Be positive, be organized, take support of other friend organizations and businesses and we will win.

God bless all of us and the USA

dc9900 said:
AS labor_replace said, pls stop harrasing Congressmen/Senators for a while [through email/fax/call].
Give them a break.,
It would not be professional showing our frustation on them .
I knew, it was sad 8001 not at all included, but we should not bother with our frustuation. So pls STOP sending fax/calling/emailing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonderful letter Saggitarian. Please send this letter as much media as we can. Good work again

Saggitarian said:

Dan Abrams,

Thanks

Saggitarian said:

Dan Abrams,

Thanks

Great Letter. Good job. If the Media does not get it then it is thier problem. If they are real journalists and they do the job right, they at least have to research the issue.