S. 1932 Status

Friends,
Whatever you may feel, but it is all over for the time being. All indications suggest that the immigration provisions were not added to the conference report. The opponents argued that they should be added to the comprehensive immigration bill which is scheduled for Feb 2006. I think by that time these guys will start opposing them again by using something else. Picture is not bright to say the least.

How do you all say the provisions are not included? We have seen lot of rumours like this in the past. Do we know for sure this is true. I mean the report is on the net already? Just curious.. :confused: :confused: :confused:

12/19/2005: House Passed S. 1932 Last Night

The unconfirmed sources (Budget Committee staff in D.C.) indicated over the phone that it included Section 2001!! Until it is confirmed, please do not assume that it is official. The Conference Report 109-362 which the House adopted last night will be released soon. However, until it is confirmed wrong, it is a good news for the time being.

Some good news....On www.immigration-law.com

wow

This from http://www.immigration-law.com/

I think it should be 8001 not 2001....

The unconfirmed sources (Budget Committee staff in D.C.) indicated over the phone that it included Section 2001!! Until it is confirmed, please do not assume that it is official. The Conference Report 109-362 which the House adopted last night will be released soon. However, until it is confirmed wrong, it is a good news for the time being.

What is section 2001?

gcdedo said:

Some good news....On www.immigration-law.com

=============================================
What does this mean? "2001" is this a typo?

Maybe I'm flogging a dead horse, but until we see the actual conference report, there is some hope... largely because, as I said, there is a mismatch between the numbers in this document and the numbers Dennis Hastert was talking about yesterday. So, something has changed - either they took some things away to bring it from 41.6 to 39.7 or else the document showing 39.7 is not the summary of the final conference report.

I realize that the odds are pretty bleak - it makes sense that the house and senate agreed not to fight over the differing immigration provisions and simply moved everything off to Feb '06.

Anyways, I totally agree that this has to be a concerted effort on the part of the wanna-immigrant community to talk to the lawmakers between now and Feb '06.

catch_22_4_GC said:
The final conference report mentions that the 'Judiciary committee' related savings are a net $ 553 million. This tallies with the saving mentioned in the budget policy document that were agreed upon in the conference report - Civil Case Filing: $170 M and increased Bankruptcy Filing Fee: $383 M. This totals to 170+383 = $ 553 M. What this essentially means is 'All immigration related (EB retrogression recapture, L1 and H1) savings are all out of the bill'.

Looks like we have to wait for the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Bill in February '06.

its not 2001 its 8001 (Typo )

Title: House Passed S.1932 Apparently Included Section 8001!

Report:
The unconfirmed sources (Budget Committee staff in D.C.) indicated over the phone that it included Section 2001!! Until it is confirmed, please do not assume that it is official. The Conference Report 109-362 which the House adopted last night will be released soon. However, until it is confirmed wrong, it is a good news for the time being

http://www.immigration-law.com

Just cant celebrate yet .. fingers crossed ..

Awesome!! If that's the case that then that would mean that our naive lobbying worked!! Lets wait for the full report and hope for the best.

Unconfirmed : Section 8001 included in the final Bill???

immigration-law.com :

* The unconfirmed sources (Budget Committee staff in D.C.) indicated over the phone that it included Section 2001!! Until it is confirmed, please do not assume that it is official. The Conference Report 109-362 which the House adopted last night will be released soon. However, until it is confirmed wrong, it is a good news for the time being.

No it is 8001!!!!

Breaking News!
Up-to-the Minute News & Analysis
Matthew Oh Attorney Reporting (1990 Photo)

Today's Hot News: House Passed S.1932 Apparently Included Section 8001!

Here's the link to 109-362.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/cpquery/R?cp109:FLD010:mad:1(hr362)

When its ready you will be able to see a big report instead of 1 page that is showing up right now

The report is not available online as yet. It might have a section 2001 which is totally unrelated to us. Unless the immigration-law people have mistyped it, there is no reason to feel that 8001 has made it. All we have uptil now is a pfd summary of the conference report which suggests nothing about immigration related stuff at all and the numbers if added do not seem to include 8001.

That is right

That is 100% absolutely right.

All the morning I cannot concentrate on work and wondered what's wrong with our effort. Believe or not, numbersUSA took action far more earlier than us. They conviced the GOP change the report while we were waiting for the announcement of the committee member.

Guys, we should not repeat this mistake. Keep our spirit up and take actions, we need to prepare next battle.

Let's focus on media first. If it is a right cause, we should not give us up. United we stand!!!

athapps said:
We Lost The Battle Not The War.

Noretro said:
That is 100% absolutely right.

All the morning I cannot concentrate on work and wondered what's wrong with our effort. Believe or not, numbersUSA took action far more earlier than us. They conviced the GOP change the report while we were waiting for the announcement of the committee member.

Guys, we should not repeat this mistake. Keep our spirit up and take actions, we need to prepare next battle.

Let's focus on media first. If it is a right cause, we should not give us up. United we stand!!!

What is numbersUSA? :confused: