S. 1932 Status

S 8001 is very differrent depending on which bill they started off with. In the House version of the bill this section has nothing to do with immigration. If it is the Senate version then we know what we are talking about. Hold on tight, and hope and pray. We mean nothing bad to this country, and in fact we mean only well and we ARE good for this nation. The sensible lawmakers know this. I am holding my breath here.

I talked to the budget committee office at the number posted in one of the mail...she asked is it related to immigration...i said YES...she said her understanding is 8001 and 8002 did not make it in final report but we can check on
http://budget.house.gov

I saw the policy report there and it has no mention of 8001 or 8002...let see what happens

Shakti

8001 Did not make?

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c109:S.1932:

1 . Deficit Reduction Omnibus Reconciliation Act of 2005 (Placed on Calendar in Senate)[S.1932.PCS]
2 . Deficit Reduction Omnibus Reconciliation Act of 2005 (Engrossed as Agreed to or Passed by Senate)[S.1932.ES]
3 . Deficit Reduction Act of 2005 (Engrossed Amendment as Agreed to by House)[S.1932.EAH]

As per [S.1932.EAH], I believe this one is the House final version, only thing I found was L1 visa increase.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/D?c109:3:./temp/~c109clsEbP::

TITLE V--COMMITTEE ON JUDICIARY
Subtitle A--Visa Fees

SEC. 5101. FEES WITH RESPECT TO IMMIGRATION SERVICES FOR INTRACOMPANY TRANSFEREES.

Goodluck to everybody, unless miracle happens :(

Mathey Oh has corrected to Sec 8001...Lets wait for confirmed report

12/19/2005: House Passed S. 1932 Last Night

The unconfirmed sources (Budget Committee staff in D.C.) indicated over the phone that it "appeared" that it included Section 8001!! Until it is confirmed, please do not assume that it is official. The Conference Report 109-362 which the House adopted last night will be released soon. However, until it is confirmed wrong, it is a good news for the time being. The Budget Committee Summary of the Conference Report was not specific enough to confirm this informal sources of information.

Matthew now says it is 8001 and not 2001 .........

The unconfirmed sources (Budget Committee staff in D.C.) indicated over the phone that it "appeared" that it included Section 8001!! Until it is confirmed, please do not assume that it is official. The Conference Report 109-362 which the House adopted last night will be released soon. However, until it is confirmed wrong, it is a good news for the time being. The Budget Committee Summary of the Conference Report was not specific enough to confirm this informal sources of information.

Section 8001

????????? Finally: Sec. 8001 Yes or NOT?

ACCORDING TO IMMIGRATION-LAW.COM 12/19/2005: House Passed S. 1932 Last Night

Matthew Oh confirms its Section 8001 not sure for immigration

Mr. Matthew Oh confirms its Section 8001 after talking to a member of the Budget Committee not sure if it is for the immigration Bill S.1932.ES as S.1932.EAH also has the same section#, lets hope for the best ......

Good Luck everyone, In God We Trust.

Now immigration-law.com is saying:

S. 1932 - Please Calm Down Until Officially Confirmed

The previous report is very unofficial. It can be wrong. We will report the details as soon as the Conference Report is made available.

Logically seems to be correct, but painful to accept

I also percieve in the same way. The only section that contains anything about visa is, section 5101 related to L1 (but not EB or retro releif)

But is a conference report different document? need to wait for some more time

StillAlive said:
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c109:S.1932:

1 . Deficit Reduction Omnibus Reconciliation Act of 2005 (Placed on Calendar in Senate)[S.1932.PCS]
2 . Deficit Reduction Omnibus Reconciliation Act of 2005 (Engrossed as Agreed to or Passed by Senate)[S.1932.ES]
3 . Deficit Reduction Act of 2005 (Engrossed Amendment as Agreed to by House)[S.1932.EAH]

As per [S.1932.EAH], I believe this one is the House final version, only thing I found was L1 visa increase.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/D?c109:3:./temp/~c109clsEbP::

TITLE V--COMMITTEE ON JUDICIARY
Subtitle A--Visa Fees

SEC. 5101. FEES WITH RESPECT TO IMMIGRATION SERVICES FOR INTRACOMPANY TRANSFEREES.

Goodluck to everybody, unless miracle happens :(

dmbronner said:
ACCORDING TO IMMIGRATION-LAW.COM 12/19/2005: House Passed S. 1932 Last Night

immigration-law

I generally find immigration-law news is generally more accurate they have good sources i still see there is hope in having S 8001 might be present in the final conference report, time is killing me now. Wishing everybody good luck.

Guys,

Lets not celebrate or fret until we have the report to read.

I talked with a guy in the senate judiciary committee now and he said the report should be out later this afternoon.

The data gathering thread is a good thing. Since we have a qourum these days, we might as well start preparing ourselves for the next steps, assuming the worst. Never hurts to be prepared.

Do we have an expert here about the comprehensive immigration bill? authors/sections/etc etc. We should be on our toes b4 the anti-immigration groups start pounding.

I would suggest keep an eye on numbers usa. If they are requesting fax, we need do the opposite at the same time.

sunjoshi said:
Guys,

Lets not celebrate or fret until we have the report to read.

I talked with a guy in the senate judiciary committee now and he said the report should be out later this afternoon.

The data gathering thread is a good thing. Since we have a qourum these days, we might as well start preparing ourselves for the next steps, assuming the worst. Never hurts to be prepared.

Do we have an expert here about the comprehensive immigration bill? authors/sections/etc etc. We should be on our toes b4 the anti-immigration groups start pounding.