S. 1932 Status

analying further, this ninth circuit thing is not even in there in the senate version of the S 1932. [S.1932.ES]. However the L1 Visa fees (alone) and ninth circuit realignement provisions are there in the house version of S1932 [S.1932.EAH].

Looking at the conference report, it addresses specifically to these two and says they are not included.

This implies that the conference committee took the house version of the bill to reconcile... But the house version did not have anything other than L1 visa increase. It did not have provisions for EB retro to begin with.

This does not make sense. we are missing something. if they started with house version as the base, have we wasted all the time ?? so far or senate has lost all the negotiations . I am confused.

byrd's amendment was almost exactly similar to what the house version had , just L1 visa fee increase. it was defeated in senate by 85- to 14.

Byrd's amendment is repealed..does this have anything for us as it has 300 million

dollars revenue generation which looks to be same as what wa estimated by recapturing of eb visa

komalk said:
Do explain in plain English
The document indicates that the visa fees were excluded. All the H1, L1 and EB visa provisions were included in that. So that means that these provisions have not been included.

can u explain to me pls that just coz "Not Included: Ninth Circuit realignment and visa fees" the 90,000 unused visa # and everything else is out?

We must not lose focus now

Everyone,

Sorry to hear the bad news. I am rueing the loss of my Saturday and Sunday . :)

This is the time to not give up but to keep momentum. A few things:

1) THese provisions were almost too good to be true. (e.g. excluding spouses increases EB numbers by 3 times)

2) Lawmakers are still not educated about retrogression. My experience has been that everyone confuses it with the H1B issue.

WE CAN PREVAIL by educating law-makers and making our case. And if we are united & organized, we can do it without placing an undue burden on any one of us. And we can fight to get SOMETHING!!

Please sign up to volunteer at http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=198900

Don't lose the momentum now. If 500 of us sign up, each of us can talk to 1 senator or congressman and still reach everybody. WE need to work with them to educate them of our plight and create change.

Please sign up at http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=198900

I think we could safely accept now as our EB provisions are NOT there..

We LOST it....

So SAD News at the Begining of the DAY/WEEK and for REST of the LIFE....

Retrogression

SO NO MORE RETROGRESSION wait for more years.
But dont worry guys ,we have to wait until feb now.But we have to put our life still for some more time . :mad: :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Good idea

Hopeful_123 said:
Everyone,

Sorry to hear the bad news. I am rueing the loss of my Saturday and Sunday . :)

This is the time to not give up but to keep momentum. A few things:

1) THese provisions were almost too good to be true. (e.g. excluding spouses increases EB numbers by 3 times)

2) Lawmakers are still not educated about retrogression. My experience has been that everyone confuses it with the H1B issue.

WE CAN PREVAIL by educating law-makers and making our case. And if we are united & organized, we can do it without placing an undue burden on any one of us. And we can fight to get SOMETHING!!

Please sign up to volunteer at http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=198900

Don't lose the momentum now. If 500 of us sign up, each of us can talk to 1 senator or congressman and still reach everybody. WE need to work with them to educate them of our plight and create change.

Please sign up at http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=198900

That is a very good idea, Hopeful_123. From this experiece it looks like they are certainly reachable. I think that is the ONLY way changes can happen- reaching out to lawmakers and getting them to understand the issue. I would suggest groups of people approaching them and eduacating them, 3 or 4 people for each lawmaker so that they can understand the scale of the problem.

Hopeful_123, I agree with you 100%. We should keep the momentum. It will be uphill task to educate decision makers and start a new provision. But I guess if S1932 does not have EB provision, that is best we all can do together, unless of'course anybody has any better suggestion.

Please head to Hopeful_123's request and signup at : http://boards.immigrationportal.com...ad.php?t=198900

Do not lose heart. There is a long way to go .... and most likely more sleepless nights and weekends.

Don't lose hope yet

All, don't lose hope yet.

The visa fees have not been included but we don't know about the other provisions.

As I wrote on this board yesterday, realized very recently that one of the partners at my company's law firm drafted much of S1932. I wrote her last night about it, specifically to see if portions of 8001 could be salvaged if not the whole. Here is her reply at 6am.

--------------------------

We are fighting as hard as we can to get whatever relief possible. I'm sorry this is such an awful process.

We just lost a major immigration bill to bad legislation on Friday. I'm meeting with Senators today. I hope we can get things turned around.