S. 1932 Status

I have been searching all over the web to see the conference report, but I cannot get anything. I wonder where did Shusterman get this!! May be inside info? But as long as we dont know for sure, we should keep on our campaign of calls and faxes.

What shusterman is talking about is Section 8001 in the original Senate version of 1932 which contained recapture of EB visas, not counting family members(thereby effectively doubling) and recapture of 30K H1Bs. I wonder what has happened? Does he have inside info? DIdnt find it anywhere else, However I will keep calling and faxing till it is final and confirmed.

Today is "THE DAY" guys. Definitely call up all the Judiciary Committee Members of the conference at the very least and then the other members also

Just remember even if things don't go right this year, we would have laid a very strong foundation for the next year's bills on comprehensive reforms.

Hum honge kamyab....
(We shall overcome....)

I still dont get it

The Mr. Sensenbrenner bill is
has 2 versions of Bill Number H.R.4437. It does not have any EB thing and i dont think is even related to the Budget reconciliation bill. Then why is AILA and Shusterman both very reputed guys reporting this !!!

njdude26 what was Sensenbrenner Bill? Can you please explain?

And can somebody paste a link fir INSAMERICA where we can fax directly to House Conference Commitee

--GCDEDO

he has posted this while immigrants or should I say immigrants hopefulls were waiting to see something happening for them this bill(HR4437) was passed which is, as I have read in other websites too, is demoneous. Imagine if you or your family goes out of status for one day you can be jailed. You can be deported for a single DUI offence blah blah. My gut feeling is now these gores are on offensive. They just can't digest too many brown skin. They don't care if businesses needs us or what ever. They don't care !!!!
njdude26 said:
I still dont get it

The Mr. Sensenbrenner bill is
has 2 versions of Bill Number H.R.4437. It does not have any EB thing and i dont think is even related to the Budget reconciliation bill. Then why is AILA and Shusterman both very reputed guys reporting this !!!

I am trying to fax(third time) through ISNAMERICA.ORG this AM but could not able to do it, but day before yesterday I did.
Can some one contact wioth ISNAMERICA and make arrangments for faxing

After reading this thread for the first time, is it certain we will know the outcome of this bill by today? How do I find what time is the vote and debate?

Do or Die......

Lets try our best shots...only couple of Hours /days left
Somebody please contact isnamerica.org guys...website is Down...and post a direct link where we can send FAXES asap..

--GCDEDO

call call call call .............sending fax is not that worth .... PLEASE CALL , LEAVE MESSAGES ...........ASAP.

Yesterday I have faxed for 45 times from isnamerica.org but today looks like the site is down. Can you guys sujjest me if I can fax through any other site.

Now it is 9am est(saturday) and I am trying to reach Sensenbrenner .. voice message but I could not.

I think we should put some last minute extra efforts. And we will surely win this battle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please make sure you understand before you post

njdude26 said:
we are done :mad:

http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid=8844

Sensenbrenner Bill Passes, H-1B/EB Provisions Stripped (12/16/2005)
The Sensenbrenner bill passed tonight in the House by a vote of 239 to 182. 17 Republicans voted "NO" on final passage, but 36 Democrats voted "YES" on final passage

Please don't just post a link without doing any research.

This is the Sensenbrenner bill which never had any H1B provisions to begin with. The only EB related provision was to end the sibling GC quota and move all of that to EB. This was withdrawn.

However, more than ever, I feel that we need to call the Senators and suggest a compromise option:

1. Ask, at the bare minimum, for filing I485 even with visa number unavailability.
2. Drop the removal of dependents from counting towards the cap.
3. Drop the increase in EB numbers.

That way, we can live to fight another day.

Hey man Im also in deep trouble because of all the EB stuff. It is just that we should try to understand what is going on and not be just blinded. Why would AILA put out a statement like that. We cannot even get into the link all i can read is the headlines...
stucklabor said:

This is the Sensenbrenner bill which never had any H1B provisions to begin with. The only EB related provision was to end the sibling GC quota and move all of that to EB. This was withdrawn.

However, more than ever, I feel that we need to call the Senators and suggest a compromise option:

1. Ask, at the bare minimum, for filing I485 even with visa number unavailability.

Guys, let us just focus on calling ALL the members in the list. leave messages. Meanwhile, isnamerica website will be fixed.

Just focus .... i have send 48 faxes till yesterday night. also, called and left VM to whom i can..... just focus and leave the rest.

please do not waste energy on anything else.

Let them to make the comprise, we keep the pressure on.

stucklabor said:

Guys,

I could be missing something here but if this bill has nothing to do with the EB provisions, what is the point in calling?

Ignorant

How will they know what measure to compromise on?

atl_fp said:
Let them to make the comprise, we keep the pressure on.

There are 4 measures in 8001+8002.

1. Allow filing of I485 even with visa number unavailability
2. Remove family members from the EB count
3. Increase number of EBs
4. Increase number of H1Bs

If the Senators decide to pick #4 we will look like idiots.

I left a message on Grassley's VM, Ted Kennedy doesn't look like he has VM, and Specter's VM is full.

No one is answering in Sensenbrenner's office.

njdude26 said:
Hey man Im also in deep trouble because of all the EB stuff. It is just that we should try to understand what is going on and not be just blinded. Why would AILA put out a statement like that. We cannot even get into the link all i can read is the headlines...

Refer below link for AILA report
http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid=18174

NJDUDE26, you might be wrong, We need to contact the conference committe members and voice our concerns. We night as well get what we want.. more folks must voice their concerns.... The above report/link has nothing to do with the budget reconcilation bill, which includes provisions to increase EB Visas, that we want all folks to contact congress and voice support.

Last edited by a moderator:
im talking about this on the main site
http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?bc=8844
which we dont have access to

Sensenbrenner Bill Passes, H-1B/EB Provisions Stripped (12/16/2005)
The Sensenbrenner bill passed tonight in the House by a vote of 239 to 182. 17 Republicans voted "NO" on final passage, but 36 Democrats voted "YES" on final passage.

you are talking about this which I really dont care...

House Passes Harsh, Enforcement-Only Bill That Would Criminalize 11 Million Immigrants (12/16/2005)
The House, on 12/16/05, completed consideration of the Border Protection, Antiterrorism, and Illegal Immigration Control Act of 2005 (H.R. 4437), passing the measure by a vote of 239-182 . This enforcement-only bill, sponsored by Committee Chairman F. James Sensenbrenner (R-WI), is a boldfaced attack on due process and especially on judicial review.
Dissenting Views on the Border Protection, Antiterrorism, and Illegal Immigration Control Act of 2005 (HR 4437)(98 KB - 12/14/2005)
Dissenting views offered by 13 members of the House Judiciary Committee on the Border Protection, Antiterrorism, and Illegal Immigration Control Act (HR 4437). This document is taken from the House Judiciary Committee’s Report to Accompany HR 4437. AILA Doc. No. 05121460.

tracker_chicago said:
Refer below link for AILA report
http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid=18174

NJDUDE26, you might be wrong, We need to contact the conference committe members and voice our concerns. We night as well get what we want.. more folks must voice their concerns....