S. 1932 Status

Just got thru Connyers office, guy there told me 8001 is a go go. Before I could even start he asked me are you calling about 8001. I can't say how truthfull he was. 8001 is 'Bridge over troubled water'.

For those joining late,

Section 8001 deals with all the interesting things that affects people in the I-140/1485 stage.
1. Recapture of unused EB numbers from
2. Removal of spouse and children from EB quota
3. Allowing to file 485 without the need for priority dates to be current.

hope this helps,

calls and faxes

i faxed 3 times also faxed on behalf of my wife. yesterday called to the threee people and left VM to Lamar Smith and left message to a person who lifted the phone for John Conyers, Jr (he was kind of rude).
anyway also told several of friends to do the same.

now when i tried to call John Conyers, Jr office i could not get him as well as i found his voice mail box full.

anybody who had success with James Sensenbrenner, Jr>??

i guess superman was going to contact .
superman where r u..

keep up the positive spirit ....

May god bless us all.....

SOS Sandeep cq cq cq cq

SANDEEP

I noticed that ISNAMERICA is down and there is no way of FAXING SensenBrenner and Lamar Smith...

Any ideas what to do next?

Also, I hope these people understand that when we say section 8001, we are actually wanting to include the SENATE VERSION which was stripped by HOUSE. OR ELSE we are in deep trouble...

Question !

If we are able to reach a person, Will it be advisable to ask for the Congressman's position or Senator's position on section 8001, before expressing our views.. Because if they say the congressman/senator is opposed then we can try to ask more and see where they have an issue (and if they will settle down on a compromise.)

Because everyone calls and says "approve section 8001". by asking for their views we would know better where they stand.

We are supporting provision in 8000/8001 in S. 1932. ES

We are supporting provision in 8000/8001 in S. 1932. ES (Engrossed as Agreed to or Passed by Senate) and NOT the provision 8000/8001 in S.1932.EAH (Engrossed Amendment as Agreed to by House)

Keep calling.

Good Work All.

Just called HOUSE CONFERENCE COMMITTEE Members.

Two Minute Elevator Speech Concept!!!!

Just call and say "Please Support Section 8001 of S. 1932 as Passed by Senate"!!!!

It is meaningless to start a debate with the senator's staff by giving them the first shot at the conversation. Also, as someone else pointed out, it is pointless getting into the intricacies of which subsection you personally support and which ones you don't. That confuses everyone at this time. The same applies to people who are trying to get "at least something" out of this process - go for the entire section and let the Committee Members come to a compromise - don't start second guessing on the compromise just yet!!!!!

GCBy2010 said:
If we are able to reach a person, Will it be advisable to ask for the Congressman's position or Senator's position on section 8001, before expressing our views.. Because if they say the congressman/senator is opposed then we can try to ask more and see where they have an issue (and if they will settle down on a compromise.)

Because everyone calls and says "approve section 8001". by asking for their views we would know better where they stand.

Just faxed all the committee leaders and members. Could not talk to any in person, all VMs are full.

Keep it up. Does anybody know what time congressional debate starts? Is it aired on CSPAN(s)? Not too aware about the procedures, will they vote today?

Sorry for late,but just now Left the messages on Leahy, Grassley, Conyers, Smith. Yesterday i was out and i could not log on to net..

where does the issue of compromise come from?

Hey Stucklabor,

Just reading all the messages....

How did this compromise thing start? Why does this issue arise in the first place?

We want to the whole thing - Sec 8001 in S.1932.ES. Period.

If they pull sec 8001 provision out of the conference report, we will have to collaborate and mobilize efforts again, but we can/will make it happen.

Compromise is only the LAST STEP. If we offer it, we will have to accept it!

We should all just focus on the MAIN thing which is inclusion of Sec 8001 in S.1932.ES in the conference report.

Way to go everybody! Great efforts!

S.

stucklabor said:
Compromise request?

Everyone on this board, your energy and enthusiasm is awesome and I am proud of the people who I know by nickname only.

We are now up against a tough crowd, the House, who are looking askance at increasing EB visa numbers by 50% without hearings etc. Honestly that is a fair argument. Hence, can we compromise a little bit?

Can we ask them to:

1. Support the provisions of Sec 8001 in toto:

Failing which:

2. At least allow us to apply for I485 even with visa number unavailability?

That may be a fair compromise that a politician would buy, and that may satisfy most of us on this board. An increase in visa numbers, removal of dependents from the quota etc can wait for comprehensive immigration reform.

What do you guys think?

thanks spgtopper

I also raised this issue and "pitha" villified me for it . The quote said I was selfish and all .
Thanks !!
people , our stand should be to take no prisoners !!
we want 8001 of S.1932 . Period !!

Fax sent to all conference committee members

4 faxes sent on my name and on my dependents' names to all Congress/Senate conference committee members.

Completely agree. Go for the whole thing. Politicians know better how to compromise if they need to.

ecnirp11 said:
Just call and say "Please Support Section 8001 of S. 1932 as Passed by Senate"!!!!

It is meaningless to start a debate with the senator's staff by giving them the first shot at the conversation. Also, as someone else pointed out, it is pointless getting into the intricacies of which subsection you personally support and which ones you don't. That confuses everyone at this time. The same applies to people who are trying to get "at least something" out of this process - go for the entire section and let the Committee Members come to a compromise - don't start second guessing on the compromise just yet!!!!!

Payami,

HOUSE CONVENES at 2 PM

SENATE BEGINS LATER IN THE DAY
You can watch it on Windows media player, latest version 9 is awesome, I didnt lose the video feed for a single minute yesterday.

Hope this helps,

You are hardly in a position to negotiate!

spgtopper said:
Hey Stucklabor,

Just reading all the messages....

How did this compromise thing start? Why does this issue arise in the first place?

We want to the whole thing - Sec 8001 in S.1932.ES. Period.

If they pull sec 8001 provision out of the conference report, we will have to collaborate and mobilize efforts again, but we can/will make it happen.

Compromise is only the LAST STEP. If we offer it, we will have to accept it!

S.

This is going to be my last post on this subject. This is an open forum in which people can bring up ideas, correct? I brought it up because there is no way I am going to let a Senator/Congressman decide which of the several provisions that they might accept.

Spgtopper, you are not in a position to dictate to a Congressman that you want all of Sec 8001.

No one is going to offer a compromise to you so you can pick and choose tomorrow. If Sensenbrenner says that he wants to pull 8001 totally because it increases legal EB immigration by over 100% without any public hearings (which is true), then it is up to the rest to try to figure out if they can salvage something. Time is running out as we speak. If the Senators have no idea what a good compromise may be, they will ask for 30K more H1Bs. As it is, we have people replying to our letters re: EB retrogression saying they support more H1Bs. Confusion is rampant.

So if someone can give me a rational reason why we shouldn't try to salvage something out of package, please do so.

Posts such as 'I want all or nothing or 8001' are not rational.

As I said earlier, this will be my last post on the subject

Last edited by a moderator:
Great And Keep Calling ......... Again !!!

Iam again planning to call at 12:30 EST. I think another hour is the most crucial of all. We can bombard them with another round of calls ..........that be great.

I will use my "padosi's" name this time.

I wanted to thank you all for this enthusiasm and energy. I have seen many many folks coming out of their shells and calling .... this is perfect.

GREAT AND KEEP CALLING ......... AGAIN !!!

jolpot said:
SANDEEP

I noticed that ISNAMERICA is down and there is no way of FAXING SensenBrenner and Lamar Smith...

Any ideas what to do next?

Also, I hope these people understand that when we say section 8001, we are actually wanting to include the SENATE VERSION which was stripped by HOUSE. OR ELSE we are in deep trouble...
You might like to point out that you are asking for support for Section 8001 - RECAPTURE OF VISAS - in the SENATE VERSION of the budget reconcilliation.

Stucklabor,

You are right, in reality.

At this late hour, any word about compromise is going to confuse other people - I guess that is what is the feeling commnicated.

However, there is nothing we can demand, nothing we can do apart from the fact stress hard and fast and gently persuade these congressmen and senators - what section 8001 means to an immigrant.

Unfortunately, everything seems to be stacked up against us - the staff dont want to hear you out, no time, an yes or a no doesnt make justice...the staff in my estimation, do not even know what S.1932ES and S.1932EAH means...our only voice - business lobby is gone on vacation.

In short, where is SUPERMAN.

SUPERMAN, please contact sensenbrenner.