S. 1932 Status

Where did you hear about this news?

Lets try with our efforts for full. Let them decide the compromise part. Why do we need to admit on this? Lets wait and see the final outcome of it.

stucklabor said:
Compromise request?

Everyone on this board, your energy and enthusiasm is awesome and I am proud of the people who I know by nickname only.

We are now up against a tough crowd, the House, who are looking askance at increasing EB visa numbers by 50% without hearings etc. Honestly that is a fair argument. Hence, can we compromise a little bit?

Can we ask them to:

1. Support the provisions of Sec 8001 in toto:

Failing which:

2. At least allow us to apply for I485 even with visa number unavailability?

That may be a fair compromise that a politician would buy, and that may satisfy most of us on this board. An increase in visa numbers, removal of dependents from the quota etc can wait for comprehensive immigration reform.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
stucklabor said:
Compromise request?

Everyone on this board, your energy and enthusiasm is awesome and I am proud of the people who I know by nickname only.

We are now up against a tough crowd, the House, who are looking askance at increasing EB visa numbers by 50% without hearings etc. Honestly that is a fair argument. Hence, can we compromise a little bit?

Can we ask them to:

1. Support the provisions of Sec 8001 in toto:

Failing which:

2. At least allow us to apply for I485 even with visa number unavailability?

That may be a fair compromise that a politician would buy, and that may satisfy most of us on this board. An increase in visa numbers, removal of dependents from the quota etc can wait for comprehensive immigration reform.

What do you guys think?

stucklabor,

Even though the intention is geunine, only the lawmakers have the ability to make provisions such as the one you proposed. The compromise may happen w/o us getting to it, since that's what this conference committee is all about. We may get some, lose some.
So let's leave the compromise part for the lawmakers, and focus on efforts to educate/push people to call the concerned lawmakers.
Thanks for your efforts.

I faxed to all Confrees

Guys,

I had sent fax to all confrees on Sen and House for me and my wife. But tried to call to leave VM, the phones are not re-directed, its "No Answer" state. Is any one contacting over phone at this time.

gcq_stm

superman007 said:
Guys,
Lets flood all of them with calls!!I will try to contact Mr. Sensenbrenner's office (just hope i get to talk to him directly even if it is a few seconds)..Although i do agree that he is a tough headed guy and a difficult nut to crack, he knows and understands the exact situation we people are in... i must also add that he probably knows a few things about me that might help him to remotely remember our telephonic discussion!!...one, we dont live very far from each other and secondly while in school, i had tutored his son upon which he had said that "U Indian people know are the real deal when it comes to Math and Sciences"...Hope he still retains the same admiration for the Indian community. I will try my best in getting him aboard!!!

Hello Superman -- 007,

Have sent faxes multiple times on behalf of number of individuals. But nothing carries as much weight as your effort does.

From the way you describe, you sure have lot of leverage with Mr. Sensenbrenner. For this to really go through Mr. Sensenbrenner is the key. I am putting lot of hopes on your effort with his office. If you need any sort of assistance, active members of this forum who give positive guidance to this community like Sunjoshi and others could help.

Sunjoshi, I apologize to have offered your help without seeking your prior approval. I think you have already done so much and wouldn't mind it.

It's not over until the fat lady sinks ....

Great job guys,

all the silence on techworkers1 yahoogroups this evening has been scary...

i wandered into this thread...see the action....

CALLS AND FAXES DO WORK
CALLS AND FAXES DO WORK
CALLS AND FAXES DO WORK
CALLS AND FAXES DO WORK

call call call...this is the only antidote.

Numbers count...unless senate has completely given up...there is a thick chance something will come out of all the calling...

Apparently, there is an unusual session on saturday and sunday....there is time keep on calling :)

SunJ, I am quite worried

sunjoshi said:
stucklabor,

Even though the intention is geunine, only the lawmakers have the ability to make provisions such as the one you proposed. The compromise may happen w/o us getting to it, since that's what this conference committee is all about. We may get some, lose some.
So let's leave the compromise part for the lawmakers, and focus on efforts to educate/push people to call the concerned lawmakers.
Thanks for your efforts.

SunJ, I hope the lawmakers can think about compromise. I am really worried about an all or nothing approach. If you were a lawmaker and thought you had to compromise, which of the options would you choose:

1. Increase visa numbers
2. Remove dependents from the quota
3. Allow filing for I485 even with visa number unavailability
4. Increase number of H1Bs

I am asking an important question from all of us. I would say that we need to call the Senators and give them the compromise option, but when we talk to the House we talk as if we want everything.

Again, this is an important issue, one that we may want to address.

I strongly suggest everyone to think about this. Do we want to go all or nothing here?

Duttdip.. Suggestion for you

I am sorry to hear this. I have a suggestion, depending on your state, you can actually get your Senator to work on this. I know someone who was given visa outof the way for medical reasons (he did not want GC). I am sure they make exception and you deserve it too. I think going to media also helps for your particular situation.

Also, I was so touched, wondering if we all should help you financially too ?

Pls feel free to ask.

GCBy2010 said:
Hope & pray the passage of this bill or an equivalent bill in the near future will provide relief to you and your family.

I would recommend to propose the option 3 no matter what they decide. That way it can be assured that incase if they compromise they propose option 3. Please put some serious thought.

stucklabor said:
SunJ, I hope the lawmakers can think about compromise. I am really worried about an all or nothing approach. If you were a lawmaker and thought you had to compromise, which of the options would you choose:

1. Increase visa numbers
2. Remove dependents from the quota
3. Allow filing for I485 even with visa number unavailability
4. Increase number of H1Bs

I am asking an important question from all of us. I would say that we need to call the Senators and give them the compromise option, but when we talk to the House we talk as if we want everything.

Again, this is an important issue, one that we may want to address.

I strongly suggest everyone to think about this. Do we want to go all or nothing here?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10498525/

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10498525/

Lottery program ended
The House also voted 273-148 to end the diversity visa lottery program that’s open to countries that send few immigrations to the United States. Opponents said it was susceptible to fraud and could be a way for terrorists to enter the country.

50 000 visas are free !!!!! :)

Reached Limit Of 50 Faxes.. Please You Do The Same It Is Do Or Die

Reached my Limit of 50 faxes... I faxed about 50 faxes all with different names and from different states, for e.g. from california faxed more, didnot fax from places like Hawaii etc.. People i think we can still make this S1932 a LAW, if we gather all our resources to send faxes and make calls to the estemmed Senators and Congressmen. PLEASE DUE YOUR DUTY IN SENDING AS MANY FAXES AS POSSIBLE.. THANKS

Kudos IsnAmerica.Org - Has 3 options of web fax targeting S 1932 critical members

Kudos IsnAmerica.Org - Has 3 options of web fax targeting S 1932 critical members

I heartfully congratulating IsnAmerica.Org for their good work for having facility to fax to the following imp members...

** VERY VERY IMPORTANT - CRITICAL MEMBERS ** Sesenbrenner, Smith (Larmar), Conyers ** Fax To These 3 Critical Members

** VERY VERY IMPORTANT ALL CONFIRMED SENATE ** Senate Conference Committee Members for S.1932

** VERY VERY IMPORTANT ALL CONFIRMED HOUSE ** House Conference Committee Members for S.1932

As usual, login to Members panel @

http://www.isnamerica.org/loginform.asp

and select individual web fax and enter your state. The next page the above options especially to target the S 1932 conf committee members of House and Senate and the most 3 critical players in this committee.

I just say thanks..
Friends let us do effort in the last minutes...
I urge everybody to do little bit effort in these last days of this S 1932 saga.

Thanks
SK

According to Shusterman’s website:

"The House-Senate conference committee issued its report which strips the doubling of EB immigrant visas and adding 30,000 extra H1-B visas from the bill."

So, there you go... does this mean we are doomed? :mad:

Thanks for all the support.. I will fight...

Meanwhile I am faxing my Senator for my case.. As far as S1932 is concerned I already faxed the Senate and House representatives.

Guys,
Please post the house and senate conferees numbers again I will get atleast 400 calls made tomorrow please give me the conferees phone numbers. I know I can find their numbers "googling" them but I dont have the time to find all their numbers give me an excel sheet with the numbers to call I will get it done. And the message I will get it repeated it like " robots" till the VM's are full. I did my MBA here and stuck here working as a recruiter I will get my guys to make atleast 1000 VM's made just give me the conferees numbers.

sundar99 said:
I am sorry to hear this. I have a suggestion, depending on your state, you can actually get your Senator to work on this. I know someone who was given visa outof the way for medical reasons (he did not want GC). I am sure they make exception and you deserve it too. I think going to media also helps for your particular situation.

Also, I was so touched, wondering if we all should help you financially too ?

Pls feel free to ask.

Sundar99: I agree. We can all definitely pitch in to help a friend.... Guys, What do you say?

Desi098 said:
I would recommend to propose the option 3 no matter what they decide. That way it can be assured that incase if they compromise they propose option 3. Please put some serious thought.
I agree. It is not in our interest to have an ALL OR NOTHING approach.

If the conferees are looking to stop immigration, then they can water it down to atleast allowing us to file the 485....
This way, there is no increase in immigration, we get our long-cherished freedom from employers.
Who cares for the GC, most like me care only for the flexibility it provides....

I faxed all possible folks....I now need to call tomorrow and pray...

Not sure where Shusterman is getting the conference committee report info from - I looked on the House and Senate web sites and have not been able to find a report...

crammm said:
According to Shusterman’s website:

"The House-Senate conference committee issued its report which strips the doubling of EB immigrant visas and adding 30,000 extra H1-B visas from the bill."

So, there you go... does this mean we are doomed? :mad:

House Conferees

House Conferees for Title VIII of S. 1932 (Immigration Relief Packet)

Everyone needs to a) Phone and b) Fax
James Sensenbrenner (R- Wisconsin)
Lamar Smith (R-Texas)
John Conyers (D-Michigan)

regarding the importance of provisions in Sec. 8001 of S. 1932. It is "very important" to use personal examples- how retrogression is personally impacting your personal lives and those of other LEGAL immigrants and also your company's bottomlines.

Sensenbrenner and Smith and both somewhat anti-immigrant lately (Sensenbrenner sponsored HR 4437 and Smith is a key member of Tancredo's Anti-Immigrant House Caucus). Conyers is a Democrat and so perhaps more immigrant-friendly. If Sensenbrenner and Smith are truly "ANTI-ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT" and not "ANTI-LEGAL IMMIGRANT" they will support measures in Sec. 8001 of S. 1932. Here's their chance.

Those of you in Wisconsin, Texas and Michigan please make it a point to call the reps from your state above and also send faxes (emails are usually ineffective as they take few days to be checked). Your messages will have more impact, altho everyone affected by retro should also contact these reps above and your state's US congressmen/women.

I'm sure our friends at NumbersUSA will also be working overtime:)