S. 1932 Status

Contacting Congressman Conyers

I have been observing this thread since day 1 without posting anything. Anyway, I have contacted the senators and Congressmen from my home state (MI) multiple times and so far I have heard positive responses (atleast not negative) when I called them. I also had sent the powerpoint presentation to one of the congressmen, but not Congressman Conyers though. So, I plan to call him tomorrow and ask for his support on this. Or will it be too late?

Call Now!!!

sh2005 said:
I have been observing this thread since day 1 without posting anything. Anyway, I have contacted the senators and Congressmen from my home state (MI) multiple times and so far I have heard positive responses (atleast not negative) when I called them. I also had sent the powerpoint presentation to one of the congressmen, but not Congressman Conyers though. So, I plan to call him tomorrow and ask for his support on this. Or will it be too late?

Call now and call tommorrow, we have to flood them with calls and faxes. The more the better

Congress will be in session on Saturday and Sunday. The Budget Reconciliation Bill will be on the floor for final vote on Sunday. -C-span

What else??

Canadian_Dream said:
Just FAXED this one to Lamar Smith ...but it didn't go through.
================
RE: Support for Title VIII, S.1932. Section 8001

I want to bring to your attention an issue that you will be dealing with in the
conference for S.1932/HR 4241 (Budget Reconciliation Bill). As an esteemed member of house judiciary committee you will oversee and negotiate Title VIII of the senate bill and Title V of the house amendment. I request your support to include section 8001 from the senate version of Title VIII, S.1932. This will bring following benefits to America:

. Section 8001 will provide much needed relief to American business facing shortages of highly skilled labor in Health Care and High Technology industry.

. It will ensure that America continue to lead the world in innovation and entrepreneurship by retaining highly skilled and talented individuals.

. In addition to this, it will fetch the government about $500 million in revenues as each visa number will be used by the application with a $500 fee when filing.

. Section 8001 will ONLY recapture previously unused visa numbers and will enable legal immigrants who have been working in this country for the past several years to adjust their status to permanent residents.

. Please note S.1932 Section 8001 does not increase the visa numbers but allows for a one time adjustment of lost visa numbers. I know that you were instrumental in passing the bill in 2002 to enable legal H1B workers to extend stay in this country based on pending labor certifications. This is an additional step that will help the same legal immigrants to make further progress in their permanent residency process.

Thank You.

Sincerely,

Guys,

I have faxed the corporate letter from ISNAmerica using four diffrent companies names please let me know if I can do anything else using corporate letterheads. I work as a recruiter and I have access to diffrent companies, please let me know and KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

BEST OF LUCK AND GOD BLESS US ALL INCLUDING AMERICA!!

Faxes to Senators and Congressmen

Covered 10 states from east and west coast, now will go towards central USA to try an cover all 50 states. I hope you alll are doing the same......

Ok, well I just did call Congressman Conyers and asked one of his staff members to pass to him my request to support Section 8001/Title VIII.
It just so happens that the Congressman and I graduated from the same university, so tried to relate to that. :rolleyes:

drforgc said:
Call now and call tommorrow, we have to flood them with calls and faxes. The more the better

Called All Senatoers on Conf Committee

Friends,

I called all Senators in conference committee. Please call them.

House conferres

Sensenbrenner, Conyers and Lamar Smith - father, son and the holy spirit!

I will be a tough sell to this anti-immigration trinity.. Nevertheless let us give it a shot.

Anybody know any place where e-fax is possible with the facility to use your own content? ISNAmerica has the standard content, it would be better if we can modify a little bit rather than sending the same stuff all over again.

Anyway, we seem to have generated a great momentum in contacting the law-makers. Hope we will prevail in this one too. Good luck to us all.

Sent faxes

I just sent faxes to all OH senators and for conference committe members. Keep up good work guys. I will call them tomorrow around 9am EST.

You can do it for 50 times

Friend... you can send 50 faxes to Commitee..please continue the grat job, I have reached 15 states till now.

Guys,
Lets flood all of them with calls!!I will try to contact Mr. Sensenbrenner's office (just hope i get to talk to him directly even if it is a few seconds)..Although i do agree that he is a tough headed guy and a difficult nut to crack, he knows and understands the exact situation we people are in... i must also add that he probably knows a few things about me that might help him to remotely remember our telephonic discussion!!...one, we dont live very far from each other and secondly while in school, i had tutored his son upon which he had said that "U Indian people know are the real deal when it comes to Math and Sciences"...Hope he still retains the same admiration for the Indian community. I will try my best in getting him aboard!!!

duttdip said:
call Sen Specter's office and tell him my situation (you can include this as a one-off case in your ppts). I left VMs and posted over the web but he would not reply becuase I am from CA.

I am suffering from Hodgkin's cancer (the same disease that Sen Specter has).. Currently my wife cannot work and support me financially. The future of my therapy also looks uncertain because of the retrogression.

I do not think anyone other than Specter will understand this better and empathize with it, since he has the same disease.. I am working fulltime during my chemotherapy to keep paychecks coming..

This is possibly one of the extreme examples of the consequences of GC delay.

duttdip,

I am really sorry to hear about your case. We will fight for you, no question. But here is a suggestion, unrelated to this thread/bill.

Contact your local congressman/senator personally. I'm sure they can work out an exception case with the USCIS. Even though the general pool is affected by retrogression, thru the proper channel, I'm sure an exception can be obtained. You should seriously consider meeting with your lawmakers.

I have also faxed to confirmed conference committe memebers... will call them tomorrow at 9:00 AM

Me, my wife and my son.

This is incredible energy and optimism .... great work folks .... keep the ball rolling like this.....

Now, iam sending from other states ....

i have asked my brother, his wife and his son to do the same..... they are doing it right at this sec...

You may try his Personal Phone if he has one

Hi Superman,

You may try contact him over his cell phone or try to talk to him from other means ( through his son, if possible) directly. So that that would value more than 1000's of unfamiliar phone calls and faxes. Hope the best.

superman007 said:
Guys,
Lets flood all of them with calls!!I will try to contact Mr. Sensenbrenner's office (just hope i get to talk to him directly even if it is a few seconds)..Although i do agree that he is a tough headed guy and a difficult nut to crack, he knows and understands the exact situation we people are in... i must also add that he probably knows a few things about me that might help him to remotely remember our telephonic discussion!!...one, we dont live very far from each other and secondly while in school, i had tutored his son upon which he had said that "U Indian people know are the real deal when it comes to Math and Sciences"...Hope he still retains the same admiration for the Indian community. I will try my best in getting him aboard!!!

Sent 45 Faxes

SENT 45 FAXES from 40 states, will continue till reach maximum limit. PEOPLE Keep sending faxes as this is DO or DIE night for 8001 to be in the part of bill S1932

Some compromise?

Compromise request?

Everyone on this board, your energy and enthusiasm is awesome and I am proud of the people who I know by nickname only.

We are now up against a tough crowd, the House, who are looking askance at increasing EB visa numbers by 50% without hearings etc. Honestly that is a fair argument. Hence, can we compromise a little bit?

Can we ask them to:

1. Support the provisions of Sec 8001 in toto:

Failing which:

2. At least allow us to apply for I485 even with visa number unavailability?

That may be a fair compromise that a politician would buy, and that may satisfy most of us on this board. An increase in visa numbers, removal of dependents from the quota etc can wait for comprehensive immigration reform.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Kudos IsnAmerica.Org - Has 3 options of web fax targeting S 1932 critical members

Kudos IsnAmerica.Org - Has 3 options of web fax targeting S 1932 critical members

I heartfully congratulating IsnAmerica.Org for their good work for having facility to fax to the following imp members...

** VERY VERY IMPORTANT - CRITICAL MEMBERS ** Sesenbrenner, Smith (Larmar), Conyers ** Fax To These 3 Critical Members

** VERY VERY IMPORTANT ALL CONFIRMED SENATE ** Senate Conference Committee Members for S.1932

** VERY VERY IMPORTANT ALL CONFIRMED HOUSE ** House Conference Committee Members for S.1932

As usual, login to Members panel @

http://www.isnamerica.org/loginform.asp

and select individual web fax and enter your state. The next page the above options especially to target the S 1932 conf committee members of House and Senate and the most 3 critical players in this committee.

I just say thanks..
Friends let us do effort in the last minutes...
I urge everybody to do little bit effort in these last days of this S 1932 saga.

Thanks
SK