S. 1932 Status

FAX Numbers Please

gc_bronco said:
Here is the contact information for the 3 member of the house judiciary committee who are on the conference. I have included some details about the cities in their district.

F. James Sensenbrenner, Jr. - (202) 225-5101
State: Wisconsin
Telephon Area Code : 920
Cities (Zip):
Sullivan 53178
Fox Point 53217
Whitefish Bay 53211/53217
Brown Deer 53223/53209
River Hills 53209/53217
Glendale 53209/11/12/17
Wauwatosa 53210/13/22/26
West Allis (part) 53214/27

Lamar Smith - (202) 225-4236
State: Texas
Telephone Area Code : 512
City: Austin 78701 - 78799

John Conyers, Jr. - (202) 225-5126
State: Michigan
Telephone Area Code : 734
Cities (Zip):
Trenton 48192
Highland Park 48203
Dearbron 48124

Can anyone post the fax numbers of the house/senate conferees all their faxes I can fax using a bunch of companies letterheads with their presidents/C.E.O's signatures I will fax all of them urging them to support Sec. 8001 of S1932 ES.

Superman007,

Wonderful, You are not only superman but Bond 007 as well. Please keep it up and brainwash Sensenbrenner.
Good luck

superman007 said:
Guys,
Donno if u all remember...i had the opportunity to talk to Mr. Sensenbrenner himself a fortnite ago( although he had originally spared some time to meet, but that didn't quite work out).He patiently listened to me for a few minutes and agreed that he was in favor of legal immigration and that although he had certain reservations about the inclusion of the bills 8001/8002 in 1932, he would in fact support it.He later asked me about my family, work etc and told me that his staff would call me later.
Now that the time of action has come, i would try and call his washington office and see if i could have a word with him, just to remind him the specifics of his telephonic discussion with me!

pdakwala,

That excel list has mentioned only the members of the budget comittee who are on the conference. It has missed the following people from the other committees.

Goodlatte
Lucas
Peterson (MN)
Boehner
McKeon
Miller
George.
Upton
Deal (GA)
Dingell.
Oxley
Bachus
Frank (MA)
Ney
Sensenbrenner
Smith (TX)
Conyers
Pombo
Gibbons
Rahall.
Young (AK)
LoBiondo
Oberstar.
Thomas
Herger
Rangel

I think that is real good news. I think it means that the section VIII of the senate bill will be considered by those members to be included in the final report. If the conference members want to put that in they can put that in.
I think it is very important that we concentrate on calling those 3 people. because if they agree then the Secion 8 will get into the final report. hopefully since the senate approved it by a large margin the senate conference members will not omit it.
then mostly both the houses will approve it. Hoping for the best....
kafka2004 said:
from the house floor
http://clerk.house.gov/floorsummary/floor.html

6:44 P.M. -
The Speaker appointed conferees - from the Committee on Ways and Means for consideration of secs. 6039, 6071, and subtitle B of title VI of the Senate bill and title VIII of the House amendment, and modifications committed to conference: Thomas, Herger, and Rangel.
The Speaker appointed conferees - from the Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure for consideration of title V and Division A of the Senate bill and title VII of the House amendment, and modifications committed to conference: Young (AK), LoBiondo, and Oberstar.

The Speaker appointed conferees - from the Select Bipartisan Committee to Investigate Preparation for and Response to Hurri for consideration of title IV of the Senate bill and title VI of the House amendment, and modifications committed to conference: Pombo, Gibbons, and Rahall.

The Speaker appointed conferees - from the Committee on the Judiciary for consideration of title VIII of the Senate bill and title V of the House amendment, and modifications committed to conference: Sensenbrenner, Smith (TX), and Conyers.

The Speaker appointed conferees Provided that Mr. Ney is appointed in lieu of Mr. Bachus for consideration of subtitles C and D of title II of the Senate bill and subtitle B of title IV of the House amendment.

The Speaker appointed conferees - from the Committee on Financial Services for consideration of title II of the Senate bill and title IV of the House amendment, and modifications committed to conference: Oxley, Bachus, and Frank (MA).

The Speaker appointed conferees - from the Committee on Energy and Commerce for consideration of title III and title VI of the Senate bill and title III of the House amendment, and modifications committed to conference: Upton, Deal (GA), and Dingell.

The Speaker appointed conferees - from the Committee on Education and the Workforce for consideration of title VII of the Senate bill and title II and subtitle C of title III of the House amendment, and modifications committed to conference: Boehner, McKeon, and Miller, George.

The Speaker appointed conferees - from the Committee on Agriculture for consideration of title I of the Senate bill and title I of the House amendment, and modifications committed to conference: Goodlatte, Lucas, and Peterson (MN).

The Speaker appointed conferees for consideration of the Senate bill, and the House amendment thereto, and modifications committed to conference: Nussle, Ryun (KS), Crenshaw, Putnam, Wicker, Hulshof, Ryan (WI), Blunt, DeLay, Spratt, Moore (KS), Neal (MA), DeLauro, Edwards, and Ford.

S. 1932:
to provide for reconciliation pursuant to section 202(a) of the concurrent resolution on the budget for fiscal year 2006 ( H. Con. Res. 95)

Our Gods

Original senate version of s 1932 has it in TITLE VIII
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?c109:2:./temp/~c109uo0dU6:e1052452:

House Amended S.1932 has the immigration stuff in TITLE V
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?c109:3:./temp/~c109uo0dU6:e612882:

So these are our GODS.
House - Sensenbrenner, Smith (TX), and Conyers
Senate - Allen Specter

kafka2004 said:
from the house floor
http://clerk.house.gov/floorsummary/floor.html

6:44 P.M. -
The Speaker appointed conferees - from the Committee on Ways and Means for consideration of secs. 6039, 6071, and subtitle B of title VI of the Senate bill and title VIII of the House amendment, and modifications committed to conference: Thomas, Herger, and Rangel.
The Speaker appointed conferees - from the Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure for consideration of title V and Division A of the Senate bill and title VII of the House amendment, and modifications committed to conference: Young (AK), LoBiondo, and Oberstar.

The Speaker appointed conferees - from the Select Bipartisan Committee to Investigate Preparation for and Response to Hurri for consideration of title IV of the Senate bill and title VI of the House amendment, and modifications committed to conference: Pombo, Gibbons, and Rahall.

The Speaker appointed conferees - from the Committee on the Judiciary for consideration of title VIII of the Senate bill and title V of the House amendment, and modifications committed to conference: Sensenbrenner, Smith (TX), and Conyers.

The Speaker appointed conferees Provided that Mr. Ney is appointed in lieu of Mr. Bachus for consideration of subtitles C and D of title II of the Senate bill and subtitle B of title IV of the House amendment.

The Speaker appointed conferees - from the Committee on Financial Services for consideration of title II of the Senate bill and title IV of the House amendment, and modifications committed to conference: Oxley, Bachus, and Frank (MA).

The Speaker appointed conferees - from the Committee on Energy and Commerce for consideration of title III and title VI of the Senate bill and title III of the House amendment, and modifications committed to conference: Upton, Deal (GA), and Dingell.

The Speaker appointed conferees - from the Committee on Education and the Workforce for consideration of title VII of the Senate bill and title II and subtitle C of title III of the House amendment, and modifications committed to conference: Boehner, McKeon, and Miller, George.

The Speaker appointed conferees - from the Committee on Agriculture for consideration of title I of the Senate bill and title I of the House amendment, and modifications committed to conference: Goodlatte, Lucas, and Peterson (MN).

The Speaker appointed conferees for consideration of the Senate bill, and the House amendment thereto, and modifications committed to conference: Nussle, Ryun (KS), Crenshaw, Putnam, Wicker, Hulshof, Ryan (WI), Blunt, DeLay, Spratt, Moore (KS), Neal (MA), DeLauro, Edwards, and Ford.

S. 1932:
to provide for reconciliation pursuant to section 202(a) of the concurrent resolution on the budget for fiscal year 2006 ( H. Con. Res. 95)

FAX Numbers Please

gc_bronco said:
pdakwala,

That excel list has mentioned only the members of the budget comittee who are on the conference. It has missed the following people from the other committees.

Goodlatte
Lucas
Peterson (MN)
Boehner
McKeon
Miller
George.
Upton
Deal (GA)
Dingell.
Oxley
Bachus
Frank (MA)
Ney
Sensenbrenner
Smith (TX)
Conyers
Pombo
Gibbons
Rahall.
Young (AK)
LoBiondo
Oberstar.
Thomas
Herger
Rangel

Please give me the fax numbers of these representatives I haved faxed all the people provided in the earlier excel sheet, I will fax these people too I am using 4 companies names so they will get 4 diffrent faxes from diffrent companies so please give me their fax numbers.

Are just the three Reps allowed to include 8001?

From what I read, it seems that these three have been empowered to discuss and bring in 8001.

Or should we also call other Reps who are in the conference?

Here is the voting record for the 3 guys

Conyers
http://grades.betterimmigration.com/testgrades.php3?District=MI&VIPID=425

Sensenbrenner
http://grades.betterimmigration.com/testgrades.php3?District=WI&VIPID=880

Smith
http://grades.betterimmigration.com/testgrades.php3?District=TX21&VIPID=799

njdude26 said:
I think that is real good news. I think it means that the section VIII of the senate bill will be considered by those members to be included in the final report. If the conference members want to put that in they can put that in.
I think it is very important that we concentrate on calling those 3 people. because if they agree then the Secion 8 will get into the final report. hopefully since the senate approved it by a large margin the senate conference members will not omit it.
then mostly both the houses will approve it. Hoping for the best....

Last lap - need Superman

superman007 said:
will most certainly do that!!!Will give it my best shot........
PS: His staff has a e-mailed copy of my presentation( i borrowed and personalised the one u made)...thanks to ur initiative and resourcefulness!

Hello Superman -- 007,

Today you are The Superman, for me and for for lot of good members of this an other similar forum. I think due to your history with Representative Sensenbrenner, your effort carry lot of weight. It is very important to inform Representative Sensenbrenner of ground reality and convince him to include Section 8001 & 8002 in the final bill. At this time he appear to be the very important vote for this provision to pass. If you think it will help in anyway, you might want to take meet Representative Sensenbrenner with few more members or like minded individuals. sunjoshi's presentation is really very good and convincing. If you would like to do some sort of conference call (found out one website offering free service at www.freeconferenceservice.com) or talk over phone one-on-one, please send private message. Just a suggestion.

This is the last lap of this race. We must have atleast two of the three members convinced for this to pass.

pdakwala, your post are very informative and useful. Just want to say, Hat's off to you for all the efforts.

Keep it going guys this is good ....

It really looks like these 3 have been voting in our favor for some time now. Look at their recent grades lately. If someone has some research about these guys like their backgrounds. are they immigrants etc....
We should see if we can talk to them about their life's experiences with immigrants ie. if we get a chance to talk to them.
Mr specter is also very important because he is a very senior guy and he has already started proposing new bills with the same contents as section 8. Since he is a senior guy he may convince these 3 guys.

Sunjoshi do you agree ???? you are the man....
njdude26 said:

Can we visit the three Rep's offices on Saturday?

Since we have three that we focus on ( We better be correct - I hope that ignoring the others should not be a mistake ), the people on this forum from DC, MD and VA should take an effort to visit their offices.

Any idea if their offices will be open tomorrow?

Guys,
Here are Some ZIP codes in MI
48150,48151,48152,48153,48154 City Livonia ,MI
48312,48313,48314 Sterling hts,MI .. if they ask Address give xxxxx south shore dr
48103 , 48104 ,48105 ZIP Code™ Matches in ANN ARBOR, MI

Letmeknow if you need any addresses i will find out some more street addresses for Michigan Senator/Rep

Last edited by a moderator:
Canadian_Dream said:
The employment-based permanent immigration cap currently is 140,000 visas per year. The Judiciary Committee proposal raises that number to 230,000 and exempts workers' families from that cap. Based on family statistics from the last four fiscal years, the Committee's proposal could raise total employment-based permanent immigration by more than 350,000 per year.

Congressman Lamar Smith, former chairman of the Immigration Subcommittee, said, "This measure is a behind-the-scenes permanent foreign worker program that will take jobs from American workers. To raise the number of employment-based visas by such a significant amount without the benefit of committee hearings, floor debate, or even public input is not fair to the American people who oppose an increase in immigration."

http://tancredo.house.gov/press/pressers/1026SenatePlansToSellVisasToFixBudgetWoesFINAL2.htm

That;s not good news.

At this time, the only thing we can do is keep telling our story. It seems like all 3 reps from the house are strong-headed guys with their ideas. Gonna be a hard-sell. Lets keep pushing it.
I don't know if anyone has made contacts with Smith's staff. Guys from TX, pls take the initiative. Try to go to his office and talk. There is nothing to lose.

Just called up all the three offices and left them VM. Does anyone know if they work on the weekend, I mean are their secretaries going to be there to take our messages since we are not able to get directly to the Congressman

gc_bronco said:
Here is the contact information for the 3 member of the house judiciary committee who are on the conference. I have included some details about the cities in their district.

F. James Sensenbrenner, Jr. - (202) 225-5101
State: Wisconsin
Telephon Area Code : 920
Cities (Zip):
Sullivan 53178
Fox Point 53217
Whitefish Bay 53211/53217
Brown Deer 53223/53209
River Hills 53209/53217
Glendale 53209/11/12/17
Wauwatosa 53210/13/22/26
West Allis (part) 53214/27

Lamar Smith - (202) 225-4236
State: Texas
Telephone Area Code : 512
City: Austin 78701 - 78799

John Conyers, Jr. - (202) 225-5126
State: Michigan
Telephone Area Code : 734
Cities (Zip):
Trenton 48192
Highland Park 48203
Dearbron 48124

Khris said:
Just called up all the three offices and left them VM. Does anyone know if they work on the weekend, I mean are their secretaries going to be there to take our messages since we are not able to get directly to the Congressman

If you call Smith's office, it does directly to his VM. Everyone start leaving a VM. Pls speak clearly and SLOWLY and be succinct. I'm sure he'll listen to atleast a couple.

Can someone in PA please

call Sen Specter's office and tell him my situation (you can include this as a one-off case in your ppts). I left VMs and posted over the web but he would not reply becuase I am from CA.

I am suffering from Hodgkin's cancer (the same disease that Sen Specter has).. Currently my wife cannot work and support me financially. The future of my therapy also looks uncertain because of the retrogression.

I do not think anyone other than Specter will understand this better and empathize with it, since he has the same disease.. I am working fulltime during my chemotherapy to keep paychecks coming..

This is possibly one of the extreme examples of the consequences of GC delay.

is this content OK to leave messages to all the 3 you said....

“I am calling to request <senator> <house representatice> <or the name> <or what? please tell what should we say here> to vote for section 8001 of the Senate Deficit Reduction Omnibus Reconciliation Act when this comes up for consideration in the conference committee.”

Title VIII which includes the Immigration packet

12/16/2005: House Appointed S. 1932 Conferees

The following members have been appointed today by the Speaker of the House:
From the Committee on Ways and Means for consideration of secs. 6039, 6071, and subtitle B of title VI of the Senate bill and title VIII of the House amendment, and modifications committed to conference: Thomas, Herger, and Rangel.
From the Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure for consideration of title V and Division A of the Senate bill and title VII of the House amendment, and modifications committed to conference: Young (AK), LoBiondo, and Oberstar.
From the Select Bipartisan Committee to Investigate Preparation for and Response to Hurri for consideration of title IV of the Senate bill and title VI of the House amendment, and modifications committed to conference: Pombo, Gibbons, and Rahall.
From the Committee on the Judiciary for consideration of title VIII of the Senate bill and title V of the House amendment, and modifications committed to conference: Sensenbrenner, Smith (TX), and Conyers.
Appointed conferees Provided that Mr. Ney is appointed in lieu of Mr. Bachus for consideration of subtitles C and D of title II of the Senate bill and subtitle B of title IV of the House amendment.
From the Committee on Financial Services for consideration of title II of the Senate bill and title IV of the House amendment, and modifications committed to conference: Oxley, Bachus, and Frank (MA).
From the Committee on Energy and Commerce for consideration of title III and title VI of the Senate bill and title III of the House amendment, and modifications committed to conference: Upton, Deal (GA), and Dingell.
From the Committee on Education and the Workforce for consideration of title VII of the Senate bill and title II and subtitle C of title III of the House amendment, and modifications committed to conference: Boehner, McKeon, and Miller, George.
From the Committee on Agriculture for consideration of title I of the Senate bill and title I of the House amendment, and modifications committed to conference: Goodlatte, Lucas, and Peterson (MN).
Appointed conferees for consideration of the Senate bill, and the House amendment thereto, and modifications committed to conference: Nussle, Ryun (KS), Crenshaw, Putnam, Wicker, Hulshof, Ryan (WI), Blunt, DeLay, Spratt, Moore (KS), Neal (MA), DeLauro, Edwards, and Ford.
The Title VIII which includes the Immigration packet will be represented by the members who took the strongest anti-immigration stance in the House when it comes to the legalization of "illegal" aliens, but they are not necessarily hostile to the issues of "legal" immigration issues. They are Sesenbrenner, Smith (Larmar), Conyers.
Please start contacting these members and emphasize that this bill involves "legal immigration" and critically needed foreign brain powers.
The House will be in session tomorrow, Saturday. Important, Important, Important..........................!!

Source : www.immigration-law.com