S. 1932 Status

While the names were being announced, I recorded that bit on my DVR :D

SO I'll go thru it slowly and post all the names from different sub-committees.
But really, we need to focus on only the 3 names mentioned b4.

The following members from the House Judiciary Committee are on the Conference -

Hon. F. James Sensenbrenner, Jr. - (202) 225-5101
Hon. John Conyers, Jr. - (202) 225-5126
Hon. Lamar Smith - (202) 225-4236

Sensenbrenner and Smith are anti immigration but the good news is that both of them supported increase in H1-B previously.

Last edited by a moderator:
atldolwait said:
Someone in c-span just said that defense bill will surely pass . He said no one wants to go back home saying he voted against defence bill.
So we must also keep that options open . That is reason why ANWR is moved to defnse bill . He said more amendments may be added to defense bill as it will be passed 100%s . May be we can push 8001 to Defese bill , it will be passed surely.

How do you think we can push this bill when President is unsuccessfully struggling hard to move the ANWR bill to defense bill? Make some sense.

I think we are not in the picture anymore they are talking about illegal immigration guest worker program and DV lottery

more details for the 3 gentlemens

can somebody post the state the three memebers belong to. so it will be easy to send them the faxes .

Here are the notes from the house floor -

6:44 P.M. - The Speaker appointed conferees for consideration of the Senate bill, and the House amendment thereto, and modifications committed to conference: Nussle, Ryun (KS), Crenshaw, Putnam, Wicker, Hulshof, Ryan (WI), Blunt, DeLay, Spratt, Moore (KS), Neal (MA), DeLauro, Edwards, and Ford.

S. 1932: to provide for reconciliation pursuant to section 202(a) of the concurrent resolution on the budget for fiscal year 2006 ( H. Con. Res. 95)

Motion to reconsider laid on the table Agreed to without objection.

On motion that the House instruct conferees Agreed to by the Yeas and Nays: (Roll No. 652).

6:16 P.M. - The previous question was ordered without objection.

5:10 P.M. - DEBATE - The House proceeded with one hour of debate on the Spratt motion to instruct conferees. The instructions contained in the motion seek to require the managers on the part of the House to recede to the Senate by eliminating House provisions reducing eligibility for food stamps; reducing funding for child support enforcement; repealing the Continued Dumping and Subsidy Offset; modifying the Mining Law of 1972; eliminating the sections of the House amendment that reduce Medicaid benefits and allow increases in beneficiary costs; reducing to the maximum extent possible increases in interest rates and fees paid by student and parent borrowers on student loans; adopting the Senate provision eliminating the stabilization fund that makes payments to Medicare Advantage Regional Plans; adopting the Senate provision on Medicare Advantage risk adjustment; and adopting the Senate provision on Medicare physician payments.

1. I Just called Smith's office. They are closed for the day. left VM
2. Called Conyers's office. This is the worst call I have had in months. The guy was a complete moron, I almost fought with him. He just said they will be voting party lines, whatever Democrats have told him to. he doesn't even want to listen to what I had to say. Most frustrating idiotic response.
Anyway i went on and on and explained to him what we wanted. he said Thanks.

Everyone

Please stay awake. The conference committee is starting their work at 9.00 p.m. EST. They will again meet tomorrow morning to discuss further. Saturday and Sunday the activity always goes down. So I request everyone to please keep the pressure on. If we loose the momentum at the last moment we will never reach our goal.

Please please stay committed for next few days.

Lamar Smith

Lamar Smith (TX) might be a better bet to push further. He was the one who was instrumental in getting 7th year extensions based on pending labor (of 1 year or more) passed in 2002.

We can call and thank him for that (nice to remember !) and tell him that is why we are still able to be in this country, but now we hit another road block and he needs to clear this one too.

http://www.ilw.com/immigdaily/News/2002,0930-h1b.shtm

In the above URL, he says he is sponsoring that to correct a small issue with AC21, because I-140 itself could not be filed when labor is not cleared..We can jog his memory and tell him that as per AC21 portability is allowed only when I-485 has been pending for more than 6 months and section 8001 will let us file I-485 to accomplish that..the original intent of AC21. Again he will be correcting an issue with AC21, like he did before.

http://www.ilw.com/immigdaily/digest/2002,0930.shtm
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from above URL:

The House of Representatives passed by a vote of 400-4 a provision sponsored by Rep. Lamar Smith, Republican from Texas, to grant a 7th year extension to H-1B visa holders whose labor certification was filed before the end of the fifth year.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys,
Donno if u all remember...i had the opportunity to talk to Mr. Sensenbrenner himself a fortnite ago( although he had originally spared some time to meet, but that didn't quite work out).He patiently listened to me for a few minutes and agreed that he was in favor of legal immigration and that although he had certain reservations about the inclusion of the bills 8001/8002 in 1932, he would in fact support it.He later asked me about my family, work etc and told me that his staff would call me later.
Now that the time of action has come, i would try and call his washington office and see if i could have a word with him, just to remind him the specifics of his telephonic discussion with me!

superman007 said:
Guys,
Donno if u all remember...i had the opportunity to talk to Mr. Sensenbrenner himself a fortnite ago( although he had originally spared some time to meet, but that didn't quite work out).He patiently listened to me for a few minutes and agreed that he was in favor of legal immigration and that although he had certain reservations about the inclusion of the bills 8001/8002 in 1932, he would in fact support it.He later asked me about my family, work etc and told me that his staff would call me later.
Now that the time of action has come, i would try and call his washington office and see if i could have a word with him, just to remind him the specifics of his telephonic discussion with me!

superman!!
now is the time to be the real superman!! We need you man. Try and contact all the staff etc that set you up that meeting. I can send you a presentation if you want it. You need to use your personal story and extrapolate for everyone else. Pls call and keep repeating the story.

Senate House Conference Committee Members

Everyone,

Here is the complete list of house and senate conference committee. Please note that someone will have to check this before they start calling and faxing.

PLEASE CONFIRM THAT THE HOUSE MEMBER LISTED IN THIS LIST IS CORRECT

will most certainly do that!!!Will give it my best shot........
PS: His staff has a e-mailed copy of my presentation( i borrowed and personalised the one u made)...thanks to ur initiative and resourcefulness!

Please help....

Guys,

Can somebody tell me, if I can call them, I am from CA, and I dont see any of the senators/House members from CA. Is it ok for me to call them even though i am not from their state. Please give me a one liner as to what I should tell them, if I am allowed to call them even though I am from CA.

Thanks,

RagsGC.

ragsGC said:
Guys,

Can somebody tell me, if I can call them, I am from CA, and I dont see any of the senators/House members from CA. Is it ok for me to call them even though i am not from their state. Please give me a one liner as to what I should tell them, if I am allowed to call them even though I am from CA.

Thanks,

RagsGC.

Yes you can call and SHOULD call.

They will ask if you are a constituent, but explain to them that this is regarding the conference meeting and that the congressman is on it. It affects everyone, not just his constituents. This is a federal legislation.Anyone can call

Here is the contact information for the 3 member of the house judiciary committee who are on the conference. I have included some details about the cities in their district.

F. James Sensenbrenner, Jr. - (202) 225-5101
State: Wisconsin
Telephon Area Code : 920
Cities (Zip):
Sullivan 53178
Fox Point 53217
Whitefish Bay 53211/53217
Brown Deer 53223/53209
River Hills 53209/53217
Glendale 53209/11/12/17
Wauwatosa 53210/13/22/26
West Allis (part) 53214/27

Lamar Smith - (202) 225-4236
State: Texas
Telephone Area Code : 512
City: Austin 78701 - 78799

John Conyers, Jr. - (202) 225-5126
State: Michigan
Telephone Area Code : 734
Cities (Zip):
Trenton 48192
Highland Park 48203
Dearbron 48124

can anyone explian?

from the house floor
http://clerk.house.gov/floorsummary/floor.html

6:44 P.M. -
The Speaker appointed conferees - from the Committee on Ways and Means for consideration of secs. 6039, 6071, and subtitle B of title VI of the Senate bill and title VIII of the House amendment, and modifications committed to conference: Thomas, Herger, and Rangel.
The Speaker appointed conferees - from the Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure for consideration of title V and Division A of the Senate bill and title VII of the House amendment, and modifications committed to conference: Young (AK), LoBiondo, and Oberstar.

The Speaker appointed conferees - from the Select Bipartisan Committee to Investigate Preparation for and Response to Hurri for consideration of title IV of the Senate bill and title VI of the House amendment, and modifications committed to conference: Pombo, Gibbons, and Rahall.

The Speaker appointed conferees - from the Committee on the Judiciary for consideration of title VIII of the Senate bill and title V of the House amendment, and modifications committed to conference: Sensenbrenner, Smith (TX), and Conyers.

The Speaker appointed conferees Provided that Mr. Ney is appointed in lieu of Mr. Bachus for consideration of subtitles C and D of title II of the Senate bill and subtitle B of title IV of the House amendment.

The Speaker appointed conferees - from the Committee on Financial Services for consideration of title II of the Senate bill and title IV of the House amendment, and modifications committed to conference: Oxley, Bachus, and Frank (MA).

The Speaker appointed conferees - from the Committee on Energy and Commerce for consideration of title III and title VI of the Senate bill and title III of the House amendment, and modifications committed to conference: Upton, Deal (GA), and Dingell.

The Speaker appointed conferees - from the Committee on Education and the Workforce for consideration of title VII of the Senate bill and title II and subtitle C of title III of the House amendment, and modifications committed to conference: Boehner, McKeon, and Miller, George.

The Speaker appointed conferees - from the Committee on Agriculture for consideration of title I of the Senate bill and title I of the House amendment, and modifications committed to conference: Goodlatte, Lucas, and Peterson (MN).

The Speaker appointed conferees for consideration of the Senate bill, and the House amendment thereto, and modifications committed to conference: Nussle, Ryun (KS), Crenshaw, Putnam, Wicker, Hulshof, Ryan (WI), Blunt, DeLay, Spratt, Moore (KS), Neal (MA), DeLauro, Edwards, and Ford.

S. 1932:
to provide for reconciliation pursuant to section 202(a) of the concurrent resolution on the budget for fiscal year 2006 ( H. Con. Res. 95)