S. 1932 Status

I have received an email from Attorney Matthew Oh, host of [url]www.immigration-law.com[/URL], who says the following this morning.

"It is unfortunate that no one has found one single Congressman who was willing to introduce an amendment to H.R. 4241. Since it is likely that this bill may be debated and voted today or at least by tomorrow, time is indeed running out. I wish we had a Congressional delegate like Sen. Byrd who will come out completely out of blue shocking anti-immigration forces!"​
Although voting is going on today or possibily in the House on H.R. 4241, people are still encourage to get friends and family members to show your support for S. 1932 by using all means possible, including using WebFax at http://www.IsnAmerica.org, calling Congressional switchboard at 202-224-3121 or going to http://capwiz.com/aila2/mail/oneclick_compose/?alertid=8185761

As you might know already, S. 1932 was part of a Budge Reconciliation Bill proposed by Senate and its immigration packet has a clause that allows filing I-485 (regardless of visa number availability) as well as obtaining EAD and Advanced Parole (while waiting for I-485 applications.) Though S. 1932 passed on 11/3/05 in the Senate, the bill can’t be enacted unless it is approved by both the Senate and the House.

H.R. 4241 currently says NOTHING about recapturing visa number for EB or H1b. If not revised, Conference Committee consisted of members of the Senate and the House still would need to reconcile the differences between H.R. 4241 and S. 1932. The process of drafting the uniform bill could potentially leave out the clause relevant in relieving visa retrogression if the pressure from the anti-immigration community is overwhelming.

For example, I have written twice to my congressional delegate in my district, the replies I received were exactly the same and it was anti-immigration. I have seen similar posting by other members who wrote to their House Reps, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
question

Guys i know this question has been raised Ad-nausem but i'll ask it again.

What happens to Dependants if this ammendment in S1932 passes?

a) Do they get their GCs like and along with the primary applicant?
b) Do they have to apply under family quota?
c) Can they not apply at all?

From whatever i have read so far, the answer "seems to be" (a). That they can apply with the primary applicant and they get it along with the primary applicant, they just dont get counted against the quota. There was an interesting question raised, that "What quota are they counted against?"

Guys sorry for raising this Q again, i just want peace of mind once and for all. A lot of us have extremely welll qualified spouses and we are supporting this S1932. At the end of the road we dont want to find out that we have our GCs and the spouses dont.

Expert opinions PLS :)?

Find answers below
nozdam said:

a) Do they get their GCs like and along with the primary applicant? Yes along or just after the approval of Primary applicant's GC
b) Do they have to apply under family quota? No
c) Can they not apply at all? Yes they can apply along with you.

From whatever i have read so far, the answer "seems to be" (a). That they can apply with the primary applicant and they get it along with the primary applicant, they just dont get counted against the quota. There was an interesting question raised, that "What quota are they counted against?"

Guys sorry for raising this Q again, i just want peace of mind once and for all. A lot of us have extremely welll qualified spouses and we are supporting this S1932. At the end of the road we dont want to find out that we have our GCs and the spouses dont.

YES. THEY WILL GET GC's LIKE PRIMARY APPLICANT
NO. THEY DON'T NEED TOO. THEY HAVE NO QUOTA(KINDA OF UNLIMITED)
YES. THEY GET IT ALONG WITH PRIMARY APPLICANT

Uncertain That Bill 4241 Will Be Brought On The Floor Today. House in recess

Republican have agreed to let go some of their their planned cuts under health and nutrition programs for the poor, medicare and food stamps in order to seek votes from those who were opposing. They are however still lacking few votes and so it is uncertain that bill will come on the floor today. Republican needs 218 votes and they are lacking 15 votes. The budget cut will go down from 50 to 45. Once it reaches 45 the Republicans will have 218 votes and the bill will be brought on floor for one hour debate and voting.

(COMMENTS: FROM STEVEN DENNIS OF CONGRESSIONAL QUATERLY ON CSPAN) This means that House will go in recess pretty soon.

There won't be any amendment to this bill since Republicans wants to make sure that the bill passes from the house. Once it reached the conference committe they can make the changes. It is true that our efforts was to convince some HR and bring amendments in HR 4241 but HR 4241 is under closed rule so there will be no amendments. The idea behind this is that within republican party there are many who oppose few things in House and if the bill is not brought on floor under closed rule there will be lot of amendments and it will be a big mess from them.

NNReddy said:
YES. THEY WILL GET GC's LIKE PRIMARY APPLICANT
NO. THEY DON'T NEED TOO. THEY HAVE NO QUOTA(KINDA OF UNLIMITED)
YES. THEY GET IT ALONG WITH PRIMARY APPLICANT

NNReddy are u ABSOLUTELY sure abt this?

If you are then God Bless :)

nozdam said:
NNReddy are u ABSOLUTELY sure abt this?

If you are then God Bless :)

Yeah, its sure, but they have to apply with Primary Applicant at the same time
orelse it may be treated as Family Quota..it will take lot of time to get GC

Update from C-span on House Budget Bill

Spokesman says: They (Reps) are still short of a few votes. It is uncertain if they will bring the bill to the floor today. They could be debating further changes in the bill to pelase the moderates. The suspense continues.....

ooohhhh ..man..
these people are playing with our lives, they dont know how much we are suffering..this type of suspense is tough to take..but we have to ....

indio0617 said:
Update from C-span on House Budget Bill

Spokesman says: They (Reps) are still short of a few votes. It is uncertain if they will bring the bill to the floor today. They could be debating further changes in the bill to pelase the moderates. The suspense continues.....

House goes again in Recess for backdoor diplomacy to convince few republicans to vote for this bill 4241. The current budget have goes down from 50 to little bit less than that. Those who are opposing are saying that it is no enough and need to bring it down close to 45.

nozdam said:

Response from Mathew Oh (immigration-law.com) for my question on this:
=======================================================
They are given the green card without a visa number, just like H-4. The concept comes from American value of family unification. I do not think you should stretch out too much your suspicion as it will harm the immigrants.

==========

-Ansi.

That's what I was about to write guys don't ask such questions, don't promt them to do stupid stuff like this, they have the potential to do it.

nozdam said:

Guys i am only asking WITHING this forum. I am doing this for the benefit of everyone's peace of mind. I am not giving anyone any ideas, just wondering what the actual deal is.

any updates about HR 4241 ????

pdakwala said:
House goes again in Recess for backdoor diplomacy to convince few republicans to vote for this bill 4241. The current budget have goes down from 50 to little bit less than that. Those who are opposing are saying that it is no enough and need to bring it down close to 45.

If I understand this correctly, it may be good that budget cut from 50 to 45, or even further...and bill passes finally. Because as conference committee meets to reconcile both bills, there may be little better chance that immigration portion (S.1932) stay as there will be less possibility of any congressman / senator's constituents affects directly by incorporating this into final bill and they may be under little pressure to make-up numbers as they will get big FREE $$ from aliens. Just my thonght...may be I'm wrong.

But anyway, lets pray to GOD for its positive outcome and out plight to get GC end soon! :)

pdakwala said:
Republican needs 218 votes and they are lacking 15 votes. The budget cut will go down from 50 to 45. Once it reaches 45 the Republicans will have 218 votes and the bill will be brought on floor for one hour debate and voting.