S. 1932 Status

Email ids

Hi,

The committee members spreadsheet only includes phone and fax numbers.

Does anyone have the email ids of these senators, congressmen/women?

Thanks.

Hi Stucklabor,

You are the most important person. Is it possible for you to meet someone at Senator Arlen Spector's office.

Cheers

pdakwala said:
Hi Stucklabor,

You are the most important person. Is it possible for you to meet someone at Senator Arlen Spector's office.

Cheers

I agree.

Stucklabor: Can you try to meet someone personally in Senator Spector's office ?

snowshoe said:
Hi,

The committee members spreadsheet only includes phone and fax numbers.

Does anyone have the email ids of these senators, congressmen/women?

Thanks.
Dont worry about email id's. Contacting thru phone is the best(make sure u also faxed). U will generally get an auto response if u send an email.
--MC

I just called Senators Bill Nelson and Mel Martinez's office from Florida and left a message with the staff that Sec.8001 of S1932 be passed. I've also faxed them

Good job strucklabor. Thanks

I did my job this morning; called two Senetors and one congressman. The office gave me good response and told me to pass message. They are supporting legal immigration.

stucklabor said:
I live in PA so calling Sen Specter was logical. Called his office, said

' I work for xxx company in PA. My company has filed for an employment-based green card for me. I am calling in appreciation of everything that the Senator is doing in support of Immigration reform. There is a particular Section, Sec 8001 of the Senate budget bill S.1932. This section provides some relief to employment-based immigrants like myself who are affected by shortage of employment-based green cards. This section was authored by the Senator. Employment-based immigrants like myself are counting on the Senator to make sure this Section is retained in the conference with the House and gets passed into Law'.

The guy I spoke to said that he will make sure this gets passed to Sen Specter.

Will call Rick Santorum's office next.

I observing we are not getting any feedback from the Western States.

All the guys, who are from central and western zone, please call your lawmaker and request them to support section 8001/2 of S 1932

Guys! Keep up the good work....Our hardwork does not go in waste.

just called VA Senators(George Allen,John Warner) their representatives took the message and informed that they will pass on the message!

Guys I might be new to participate in the discussions but not new to follow your efforts......I appreciate your efforts on this issue......we are on the legal side and final Victory will be ours. Keep hitting the senators with messages...will see the good results.

Spector's office in Pittsburgh

Called up Spector's office at Pittsburgh as i am a local resident here.Explained in detail about s.1932/8001 retrogression.she was thinking that Sec. 8001 is just increase in H1B no.'s .i let her know that this unused Visa number for GC had been passed earlier in 2001 and had to be repeated again. She promised me to pass on the message to Senator in DC. Later called the DC office too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Call to Senator Sam Brownback

I just now called and talked to Bryan Clark at the Senator's office. He assured me that the Senator supports these provisions. He also explained to me that the "motion to instruct" is done for only a few contentious issues. So just because noone put the immigration provisions in the instructions, it does not mean that it is stripped. He also said that he would call around and get back to me if he has any update. (He gave his e-mail I.D. also)
I would urge others also to keep calling

Reply from AILA

I'm sorry, but I don't have any reliable information on the immigration
provisions in S. 1932. We haven't heard anything about them being
dropped, but we have heard that disagreement over the Alaska drilling
provisions has stalled the bill, and it may not pass until next year, if
it passes at all. All we can do at this point is continue to contact
legislators in both Houses in support of the H-1B and EB provisions. We
will post an update on www.aila.org as soon as we hear anything
substantive.

Thanks,
Jen Sorenson
Advocacy Coordinator
American Immigration Lawyers Association
918 F Street NW
Washington, DC 20004
(202) 216-2424

To all Passive users who just visit / observe this forum:

PLEASE pick up the phone and call the Senators / congressmen NOW.

When you call their office make sure they understand that this is about LEGAL immigration and Green card. The H-1B term has been so widely publicised by the media that anything related to immigration is construed as a H-1B visa.

The part which says that conference is scheduled for friday (tomorrow) is probably true (heard the same thing from senator's office as well). However, it is really hard to believe that the arctic drilling controversy will wither just like that.

May be it is true afterall!

Canadian_Dream said:
Good news that bill could be wrapped up this week(end) or early next week. Also the 900 pound gorrila ANWR is OUT of Reconciliation bill almost clearing up the passage. Unless indicated otherwise 8001/8002 is still going in for the conference.
Anyone saying otherwise should point to the source. Motion to instruct the confrees only deals with specific issues which are of UTMOST importance. Just becasue 8001/8002 is not there doesn't mean its out of the bill.
http://www.govexec.com/story_page.cfm?articleid=33020&dcn=todaysnews

folks as we see here again, they are still not clear if this is EB

so like H1-B GC pelase make sure that we say beyond 8001 that what it is related to. we did this mistake in past, went on asking for supporting S.1932 without realising that we needed to drill down further to 8001, and this time we need to drill down further in the telephone calls and explain to whom and how it affects if it is not passed. It surely is evident now that telephone calls are more affective
H1B-GC said:
Called up Spector's office at Pittsburgh as i am a local resident here.Explained in detail about s.1932/8001 retrogression.she was thinking that Sec. 8001 is just increase in H1B no.'s .i let her know that this unused Visa number for GC had been passed earlier in 2001 and had to be repeated again. She promised me to pass on the message to Senator's in DC. Later called the DC office too.

Meeting Specter

indio0617 said:
I agree.

Stucklabor: Can you try to meet someone personally in Senator Spector's office ?

Fellows, it may not be any use meeting someone in Specter's PA offices. DO we have anyone in Washington DC or VA who can meet someone in Specter's DC office and find out the status of 8001 and 8002 and maybe show Sunjoshi's presentation?

The local people are likely to be more geared to constituents than to legislation.

Please Contact Indian Embassy Also To Help Us

Guys

I think we should also send email / Phone / Fax to Indian Embassy's in USA in particular Washington DC.

Embassy already has lobby firm working for them inorder to get things in their favor. Increase in H1B and GC Retrogression will also help Indian Govt as they will have more and more funds coming in from we people staying here and sending money to India. this goes in Millions and Billions Dollars

here is the link to India Embassy in DC and the emails

http://www.indianembassy.org/embassy/contact.htm

Ambassador: ambassador@indiagov.org

Political Wing: rsrilatha@indiagov.org

Administration: admin@indiagov.org

Deputy of Cheif Mission: dcmoff@indiagov.org

Community Affairs: community@indiagov.org

Economic Wing: mjoshi@indiagov.org

Cosular Wing: consular@indiagov.org

Pl. talk with the right people.

Good job with the calls everyone.

Phone or even letters appear to be more effective. I have not gotten any responses to the several emails I have sent so far.

Please call the washington DC office, which has staff that can understand our concerns better, and can also communicate it in person to the senator/cong. Please make sure that you all talk to some "important" person such as the chief of staff, OR staff committee head, or OR legislative aid etc.

I am not sure if leaving messages with receptionists would be that effective. They may be well trained to do "yesmanship" and filter calls at the door (so to say).

m_chundi said:
Dont worry about email id's. Contacting thru phone is the best(make sure u also faxed). U will generally get an auto response if u send an email.
--MC

I am in MD and can meet someone in spector's office as early as tomorrow. I can also call right away. But, someone will have to really convince me as to why we are haunting Sen. Specter.

Any takers?