S. 1932 Status

Just Contributed

Team,

Just contributed my share at immigrationVoice.org

I really appreciate all your great work.

I have been a silent observer but doing my share by letting the congressmen, editors etc know the plight we are going through.

I am in NJ. So just just in case you guys need any help please let me know.

Thanks Teky,

People contributing money will make a difference. We know that lot many people on this forum have lot of questions. We will post the phone number on WWW.IMMIGRATIONVOICE.ORG so that you will be able to talk to the individual if you want.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Its a bump which cannot be overcome

logiclife said:
That part is the bump on the bump. Without any changes, the PD will be stuck on March 2001 until we go blind looking at visa bulletins and refreshing the DOS page every 30 minutes in the middle of each month.

By the way, Tom Delay has resigned from the House Majority position. See the implications here:

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9&page=5

logiclife
www.immigrationvoice.org

Its a huge bump on the bump because of the Labor Substitution thing.
I am sure of the 2001 - 2002 filers, about 40% employees would have moved on to other companies.
As a result the Labor would have been reused umpteenth times creating a bump bigger than anyone can negotiate.
Plus the bump is not stagnant its growing with each day Labor substitution ruling is in place. As we speak thousands of 2001 -2002 labors are getting reused and reused again and again and again.

Even if congress adds a million visa's for the year this bump wont be overcome.

neocor

neocor said:
Its a huge bump on the bump because of the Labor Substitution thing.
I am sure of the 2001 - 2002 filers, about 40% employees would have moved on to other companies.
As a result the Labor would have been reused umpteenth times creating a bump bigger than anyone can negotiate.
Plus the bump is not stagnant its growing with each day Labor substitution ruling is in place. As we speak thousands of 2001 -2002 labors are getting reused and reused again and again and again.

Even if congress adds a million visa's for the year this bump wont be overcome.

neocor

Very Good point.

Wasn't there a proposal to stop labor reuses? whatever happenned to that?

sunjoshi
contribute at www.immigrationVoice.org

Contributions to address retrogression

The past couple days, I've had this very strange experience. Several of the affected people GREATLY appreciate the efforts being done by ImmigrationVoice and strongly support us (by words). This is all good encouragement. But for monetary contribution, even though the promise is made, they want to take some time to think about it.

Now, Think about what?? If this was some kind of an ad campaign or a puppet show, I did understand. The bottomline is either we get support from affected folks and stand a chance by involving lobbyist, media etc with full force, OR we just keep busting our butts and no money comes up, and we will be where we are 2 years from now.

There are some more folks that contributed SOME money and said they are willing to contribute again later. Fair enough. Only issue is we are running against the clock. It would be a pity if we get all the support in the world a little too late.

My guesstimate is that there are about 350K to 400K people affected by retrogression. As of yesterday, around 50 people have come forward with monetary contribution for the cause. Even though we have done progress by collecting about $8,500, this isn't cutting it. I am hard pressed to understand why affected people prefer to just wait and pray for the best, rather than taking the bull by the horn and try your best.

In our presentations to the lawmakers, we say, EB workers add so much value to the economy and have so much to contribute to this country. How about contributing something for ourselves for once? then maybe you'll have a chance to do the aforementioned contributions!!

I hope people don't regret not helping when the window was atleast slightly open, after it has been shut on their faces. Come May/June, election activities take precedence, don't expect anything to happen second half of this year.

I hope EVERYONE on here understands the importance and significance of acting RIGHT NOW.

I, for one, can sleep well at night, thinking that I did all I can.

Do contribute!

Everyone, for some perspective, the average cable bill every month is $50; and people probably spend $100 on eating out every month.

A $100 contribution to www.immigrationvoice.org can go a long way to improve our lives and empower us RIGHT NOW. The people running www.immigrationvoice.org can't fund this entire effort on their own.

Your money will not be wasted!

sunjoshi said:
The past couple days, I've had this very strange experience. Several of the affected people GREATLY appreciate the efforts being done by ImmigrationVoice and strongly support us (by words). This is all good encouragement. But for monetary contribution, even though the promise is made, they want to take some time to think about it.

Now, Think about what?? If this was some kind of an ad campaign or a puppet show, I did understand. The bottomline is either we get support from affected folks and stand a chance by involving lobbyist, media etc with full force, OR we just keep busting our butts and no money comes up, and we will be where we are 2 years from now.

There are some more folks that contributed SOME money and said they are willing to contribute again later. Fair enough. Only issue is we are running against the clock. It would be a pity if we get all the support in the world a little too late.

My guesstimate is that there are about 350K to 400K people affected by retrogression. As of yesterday, around 50 people have come forward with monetary contribution for the cause. Even though we have done progress by collecting about $8,500, this isn't cutting it. I am hard pressed to understand why affected people prefer to just wait and pray for the best, rather than taking the bull by the horn and try your best.

In our presentations to the lawmakers, we say, EB workers add so much value to the economy and have so much to contribute to this country. How about contributing something for ourselves for once? then maybe you'll have a chance to do the aforementioned contributions!!

I hope people don't regret not helping when the window was atleast slightly open, after it has been shut on their faces. Come May/June, election activities take precedence, don't expect anything to happen second half of this year.

I hope EVERYONE on here understands the importance and significance of acting RIGHT NOW.

sunjoshi....i for one have not contributed.....and i was skeptical about lobbying...not becos its a bad idea......but i am observing since the last 4-5 months....that we do not have enough active people...

we have around 200-400 people active.....and of these only 100-200 will make any contributions for our cause........and i am sure we wont achieve anything with these many people....

i am sorry i have also not contributed anything so far.....i am just working on the membership.....becos without the numbers we are not going anywhere...

i am going to start a new thread....where people can get in touch with their friends and update....the reason why only 200-400 people are active in fighting retrogression......

infact i have almost given up.......i am just going to do something more about my career with the time i have......so that my H1 keeps getting extended....so that i can just keep changing companies....and keep my H1 active ....as long as it lasts.....looks like this is the plan everyone is following......and this may be a right plan...since we all are on our own.....

Just contributed $100

sunjoshi said:

Sunil,
I just now contributed $100 via pay pal. My email address is different on my pay pal account though.

I am not a member of immigrationvoice, but wanted contribute though.

gc_vsc

regarding EB3 numbers/labor reuse

Hi Guys,
I think you are wrong about the labor re-use.
You can not re-use a labor once its used for a person. The employer may try to re-use if the person leave the company using AC21. But if 6months are passed after the I485 application and if that employee properly informed INS about the company change, that labor can not be re-used for a new person. If they re-use and if the old employee is not timely informing INS about company change the old employee looses his GC.

One labor finally accounts only for 1 person.

Arounfd 2001-2002-2003 range, there are many EB3 applications. Most of these guys have EB2 application under perm. So many of these EB3 application will get un-used(or re-used for another person). So, we can not really say all these EB3 labors going to take a visa number...it does not ned to be.

I know many friends who has a pending EB3 and having 140 filed with their approved PERM EB2. All these EB3 labors most probably will be un-used as far as EB2 priority is higher than the EB3 priority date (And most employers dont like to spend more money to file many I140s for same person).

This could happen the otherway as well. My company now has 2 un-used perm EB2s. The same person got his EB3 approved from BEC 1 week before the perm approval. And I dont think my company would re-use this unless they come across any candidates who ask them for it.

So, we can not really predit the actual visa number requirement based on the number of EB2/EB3 pending. I am sure many people have 2 applications.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't give in to despondency. Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.

Margaret Mead (16 December 1901 - 15 November 1978) American cultural anthropologist

Hey Techy2468,

Keep up with your plan. There is one difference between you and rest of us. We will have one satisfaction that you won't and that is we at least tried. As far as you are concerned if we win you will have one satisfaction that we won't and that is you got something for free.

What a PATHETIC attitude you have.

This is my opinion.

I dont want to continue on my H1.

I want my GC, my wife wants to work on EAD/GC but she cannot(although she as master's degree, right now she cannot work on H4 ).

I made my contributions at

http://www.immigrationvoice.org

Guys it is up to the individual to stay on H1B or to Get GC.

I believe many people wants GC.

Good luck to everyone.

stucklabor said:
Everyone, for some perspective, the average cable bill every month is $50; and people probably spend $100 on eating out every month.

A $100 contribution to www.immigrationvoice.org can go a long way to improve our lives and empower us RIGHT NOW. The people running www.immigrationvoice.org can't fund this entire effort on their own.

Your money will not be wasted!

I would also say, instead of paying all the attorney/USCIS/Drivers licence fees during retrogression ( I hope it will be in 1000's for all your RFE, EAD/AP ,renewals etc), it is better off if we fight it by contributing to those who are leading this figth. I suppose you are saving yourself more if you get your gc early. Hope for the best.

gc_vsc

Last edited by a moderator:
I am ready to contribute.

But we should be cautious to do it silently.

If it becomes a propaganda---then the Senate will stay away from us as they have to answer the public. Note public is not only against illegal immigration but also against legal.

Let us not host it on the TV or newspaper. The more we bark the more we will be let to.

Good luck with your plans, if you cannot contribute in encouraging people, atleast please do not discourage. People are contributing and don't have your kind of attitude.
Core team, please disable this guys id in immigrationvoice.org atleast.

techy2468 said:
sunjoshi....i for one have not contributed.....and i was skeptical about lobbying...not becos its a bad idea......but i am observing since the last 4-5 months....that we do not have enough active people...

we have around 200-400 people active.....and of these only 100-200 will make any contributions for our cause........and i am sure we wont achieve anything with these many people....

i am sorry i have also not contributed anything so far.....i am just working on the membership.....becos without the numbers we are not going anywhere...

i am going to start a new thread....where people can get in touch with their friends and update....the reason why only 200-400 people are active in fighting retrogression......

infact i have almost given up.......i am just going to do something more about my career with the time i have......so that my H1 keeps getting extended....so that i can just keep changing companies....and keep my H1 active ....as long as it lasts.....looks like this is the plan everyone is following......and this may be a right plan...since we all are on our own.....

Our foes are committed, everyone here needs to step up

Everyone, look at the front page on numbersusa.com.

We need to defeat this monster but we can't do it with just words. Please contribute financially at www.immigrationvoice.org. Consider donating at least $100. No monetary value can be placed on the security offered by a green card.

Sen. Specter Busy Adding Massive Foreign Guestworker Program to House Enforcement Bill

Just before Christmas, an overwhelming bi-partisan majority attached strong amendment after another to H.R. 4437 before passing this tough immigration enforcement bill AND legal immigration reduction bill. Click here to read all about what the bill does and how it was passed. Senate leaders now plan to pass their own immigration bill before March. The two bills will then go into a joint Conference Committee of negotiators who will create a compromise bill that goes back to both chambers of Congress for a final vote. It is expected that Senate Judiciary Chairman Arlen Specter (R-PA) will attempt to force backers of tough immigration enforcement to accept amnesty and guestworker programs as the only way that he will allow a crackdown on illegal immigration. Sen. Specter is expected to begin executing his plan this week with the hope of having it all in place for when he anticipates his committee will pass the amnesty/guestworker bill in early February. Based on his sneak efforts in November, also anticipate that Sen. Specter will slip into the bill major increases in permanent green cards. For some reason, Sen. Specter and his staff have come to believe that no matter how outrageous their efforts for creating open borders and flooding American communities with foreign workers that the public won't really pay that much attention to them. (In November, he added 350,000 permanent worker slots EACH YEAR to the Budget Reconciliation bill. Fortunately, House leaders forced every single one of those slots out of the bill before final passage.) Click here to read more

techy2468 said:

Techy:

Your attitude is very disappointing. We all know that this is an uphill battle we are against. The BIG DIFFERENCE that separates you and us is that WE UNLIKE YOU BELIEVE that we can make a diiference and are trying our best to do so. If the world were filled with cynics like you it would be one hellish place to live in. Remember the day we stop BELIEVING the day we DIE...