S. 1932 Status

gc_vsc said:
Sunil,
I just now contributed $100 via pay pal. My email address is different on my pay pal account though.

I am not a member of immigrationvoice, but wanted contribute though.

gc_vsc

gc_vsc:

Thanks! for the support. Your contribution will go a long way in finding a solution to this dreaded problem. Please do register to become a member on immigrationvoice when you get a chance. Your ideas and inputs will be a valuable resource.

i just contributed my little bit.

Everyone: get 2 friends to join and contribute and tell them to get 2 new friends. use ur linkedin, orkut or such to get people.

also, some american friends or employers might want to contribute (only those people you know well and who understand where you are coming from)

Best approach against Techy

indio0617 said:
Techy:

Your attitude is very disappointing. We all know that this is an uphill battle we are against. The BIG DIFFERENCE that separates you and us is that WE UNLIKE YOU BELIEVE that we can make a diiference and are trying our best to do so. If the world were filled with cynics like you it would be one hellish place to live in. Remember the day we stop BELIEVING the day we DIE...

I am following this forum as a silent reader and seen all submissions from techy and the replies from others. I would suggest that it would be best if all of us ignore him. From his postings it is clear that he is not really affected by retrogression. He might be having fun just by posting all this and responding to him only encourages him further . Just ignore him and divert our time in other efforts.

from Immigrationlaw.com

01/07/2006: Reminder of State Department Prediction for Pace of EB-Visa Number Movement this FY

The EB-visa numbers for India and China moved forward last month quite substantially consistent with the State Department prediction that for the first few months of FY 2006 which began from October 2005, the EB visa numbers would move forward very quickly. However, the Indians and the Chinese should also remind themselves of the State Department's prediction that their EB numbers would either stop or sporadically move after the rapid movement for the first few months. Probably, for the next two months, the EB numbers for India and China may continuously show progress, but such movement may not last too long for the rest of the FY 2006.
What this means is that not only Indians and Chinese but also all the immigrants from any country in the world may face a serious clog and lofty roadblock ahead for their immigration journey unless the Congress passes the legislation to reform the immigration system increasing the employment-based immigrant visa numbers and other proposals which the ill-fated S. 1932 immigration packet presented. There are various comprehensive immigration reform bills either pending or yet to be present in the next two or three months in the Congress and all of these bills except one or two bills including the notorious Tancredo bill favorably propose to adjust the employment-based immigrant quota system upward. It is unclear how soon the comprehensive immigration reform legislation will materialize into a law. The immigrant community should work hard in a unified voice to support the comprehensive immigration reform legislation coming months ahead.
01/07/2006: Reminder of Upcoming Potential EB-2 Cutoff Dates for Worldwide Category

Currently people from countries other than India and China are enjoying the concurrent filing of EB2 I-140/I-485 along with EAD and Advance Parole applications with the accompanying benefits of maintaining legal status, employment authorization, and international travel even if the visa number retrogresses for them in the future. However, these people should remind themselves of the previous State Department prediction that their EB-2 category would also retrogress sometime during the second half of FY 2006. This means that the cut-off date may be set up for the worldwide EB-2 category during April 2006 and September 2006.
These people should accelerate development and filing of their EB-2 cases as early as possible.

labor_replace said:
I am ready to contribute.

But we should be cautious to do it silently.

If it becomes a propaganda---then the Senate will stay away from us as they have to answer the public. Note public is not only against illegal immigration but also against legal.

Let us not host it on the TV or newspaper. The more we bark the more we will be let to.
labor_replace

Contribution is important at this time. Please do so. We are not giving any information that is important to anyone. The information that is important for people are given to everyone through this forum and through our website.

There is nothing wrong in telling TV and radio people that we have a problem and we are working together so that lawmakers address the problem. Keep up the good work and please make contribution, also convince your friends to do the same.

Cheers

pdakwala said:
Hey Techy2468,

Keep up with your plan. There is one difference between you and rest of us. We will have one satisfaction that you won't and that is we at least tried. As far as you are concerned if we win you will have one satisfaction that we won't and that is you got something for free.

What a PATHETIC attitude you have.

once again i request you guys to keep emotions under control.....did i ever show that i want something for free..........all along i am saying is that i dont believe we can acheive something with our short sighted plan (lobbying to get a bill passed with 60 days in hand.....and hardly 200 active members..)

let me get aggressive: if you think you guys can persuade usa law makers....with 200 members and few thousand dollars.....you are just day dreaming.....and maybe you dont have a better plan.....or maybe you just are too desperate and short sighted....

instead i would suggest that you try to gain membership.....and use all your energy/resources for the same......and if you think you are going to have active members more than atleast thousand.....then you can start planning for other activities.....

this is in reply to those people who think i am being negative...

is it possible that we are all being tunnel vision..........come one guys.........how can you lobby with less than 50k in funds.........with less than 200 active members..................and your target is the bill in February......50 more days to go............

this is what i am against..........that we do not have a workable plan......

some one propose a workable plan (instead of just asking for donation to fight the next bill) and then you can see my response/contribution

Now I am convinced that techy is here to dicourage and diverting us rather than trying and strengtheing our efforts.
Please ignore him and dont answer him and dont waste energies on debating what he is saying.
I am quite positive that the efforts going on here will end up in our success.
Good work guys and stay united.

techy2468 said:

is it possible that we are all being tunnel vision..........come one guys.........how can you lobby with less than 50k in funds.........with less than 200 active members..................and your target is the bill in February......50 more days to go............

some one propose a workable plan (instead of just asking for donation to fight the next bill) and then you can see my response/contribution

This is our best chance!

Techy, you don't seem to realize that the comprehensive immigration legislation in Spring 2006 may be our best chance. Later this year, the election will come into play as representatives line up to show how tough they are against immigration. There isn't enough time to wait for the stars to line up the way you want.

Please, everyone, it is probably best to ignore this guy and focus on what we are doing and need to do.

techy2468 said:

techy2468 said:
once again i request you guys to keep emotions under control.....did i ever show that i want something for free..........all along i am saying is that i dont believe we can acheive something with our short sighted plan (lobbying to get a bill passed with 60 days in hand.....and hardly 200 active members..)

let me get aggressive: if you think you guys can persuade usa law makers....with 200 members and few thousand dollars.....you are just day dreaming.....and maybe you dont have a better plan.....or maybe you just are too desperate and short sighted....

instead i would suggest that you try to gain membership.....and use all your energy/resources for the same......and if you think you are going to have active members more than atleast thousand.....then you can start planning for other activities.....
Yes techy2468,

Based on the argument Yes I can tell you that you are willling to take free ride. There are several times you have said that if we succeed you will also get benefit. Also you have so far put lot many suggestions. But tell me if you have taken part in any of the activity. You have not even share the number so that people working here can call you and talk to you man to man. If you are telling about the workable plan why don't you come up with that and then put over here. We have workable plan and we are working on it. You don't know about the plan because you never tried to find out from us. There are several people who have told you and have sent you an email to join us for conference call. Have you done that. No

Techy you are saying that there are only 200 members on this forum. So what. Does that mean that we should not do anything. If you are interested in doing membership drive why are you not coming forward and doing something in increasing membership. The only thing that you have done here is to make negative statements and putting forward suggestions. Tell me if you have done anything to support your suggestions. Why don't you work on increasing the membership. Let's see whether you are doing anything or not.

From most of the immigration bills in the senate so far, it appears that EB based green card quota might be doubled to 290000 from current 140000. More quota will be allocated to EB3 than EB1 and EB2. Having said that, if this bill were in fact to pass (which I really hope that it does) what impact would it have on the priority dates? In other words, roughly how much further ahead might the priority dates move for India and rest of the world?

I don't think anyone has the exact answer to this but I am just trying to get a rough idea as to what this bill might do for us.

Hope a link on IsnAmerica.org will add help for the ongoing efforts

Hope a link on IsnAmerica.org will add help for the ongoing efforts.

IsnAmrica.Org request every retrogression affected member to come forward and support IV efforts with the contributions needed for IV Lobbying efforts.

We were having the above link for last few days on our front page, requesting every retrogression effected member to come forward and do a little bit of contribution.
If everybody does little bit contribution - that will make the difference.

Thanks
IsnAmerica.Org Core Team
Present activity: Meet The Lawmakers http://www.isnamerica.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=255

AILA - HR4437 synopsis

Guys and Gals

Instead of bickering and writing e-mails to each other, focus on this and other bills - HR4437 passed by the House.

This bill is troubling, that except for reducing backlog to 6 months, it offers nothing specific for Retrogression Elimination.

Regards
GCStrat :)

See attached.

Folks,

It is useless to even read the posts of Mr.Techy. The more we tend reply to his posts, the merrier he becomes. After reading thru his posts, I conclude he has all the qualities to be called as a perfect PSYCHO. So guys, please ignore him.

well guys....i can see that you are determined to go ahead with the current plan........i can just wish you all best of luck.......

i will try to do my part about the lack of activity from GC aspirants.....i want to see 50k people participating.........or atleast know the answer why they are not taking part in these activities...

hmmm

gcstrat said:
Guys and Gals

Instead of bickering and writing e-mails to each other, focus on this and other bills - HR4437 passed by the House.

This bill is troubling, that except for reducing backlog to 6 months, it offers nothing specific for Retrogression Elimination.

Regards

See attached.

this is the text for section 219.

Section 219: Reduction in Immigration Backlog21
Section 219 would require the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to reduce the immigration application processing backlog to 6 months within a period of 1 year. It would authorize the Director of USCIS to implement innovative pilot initiatives to eliminate the backlog and prevent further backlog from recurring. It also would encourage initiatives such as increasing or transferring personnel to areas with the greatest backlog, streamlining regulations and paperwork filing processes, upgrading information technology, and increasing the number of immigration service centers.

Now one wonders how will USICS reduce backlog when there are no visa # available ?

Please dont read too much into the 6 month backlog initiative for USCIS.

The bill will just result in some lucky guys getting through in a pilot program
the bill doesnt make it compulsory for USCIS to adjudicate apps in 6 months
Given the retrogression faced by most people, its just paying lip service to backlog reduction without doing anything meaningful !

Agree with you

It's just rhetoric to reduce the backlog to 6 months - if there are no visas , there is no way it can achieve. Basically, this is another way to do nothing.

But this bill HAS BEEN passes by the HOUSE, which is why we have to be careful - if this bill becomes law, NO other immigration legislation will be law and this bill will spell trouble for all people affected by retrogression.

Regards

does this mean S. 1932 is history

It's just rhetoric to reduce the backlog to 6 months - if there are no visas , there is no way it can achieve. Basically, this is another way to do nothing.

But this bill HAS BEEN passes by the HOUSE, which is why we have to be careful - if this bill becomes law, NO other immigration legislation will be law and this bill will spell trouble for all people affected by retrogression.

Regards
GCStrat

----------------------------------------

does this mean for us with retrogesstion S. 1932 is history, and we should now focus on the new bills which will come in focus from feb-march timeframe ?