S. 1932 Status

Curious

ram_ram said:
Truly speaking, this bill if passed will get some people GC's and most others only EAD's and again they should fight for GC.

Even in such a bill, You cannot propose compromises and discounts.

Whatever may be the result, I support ALL-OR-NOTHING

What stage of the Green card process are you in, Ram_ram?

I did not have any hand in drafting this legislation. I can propose whatever compromises and discounts that I want. This is a free country.

You on the other hand have hardly been a paragon of rationality. You are ready to accept legislation that someone else suggested, and you want the rest of us to accept it in full as it stands. Why?

Last edited by a moderator:
if somebody in DC can come up and meet tomorrow that be great.

please, if i may request to stay focus. We can still win. We will send faxes, call tomorrow too.

DC folks, wake up ?

:)

For our friend - we need to do this.. pls unite URGENT

For our friend in this forum who is ill ( dilldut ?) forgot his id, he has cancer, so we need to write a nice letter and show how the Senate 's proposal to exclude 8001 is going to affect his life. We need to fax it to all News Agencies and Send it to Radio Station...this will help him first...we need to tell govt to maek an exception for him first.

[We can also illustrate how others are also facing serois trauma due to retrogression.....Do it tonight..with 1000's of faxes to all media agenciens and request them to publich it so that Senate can hear our voice..

We need to state.. how the govt can save the life of Dilldut and also the several hundreds of folks suffering because spouse cannot be gainfully employed and how the life is uncertain due to Retro.. and How govt is also missing the $ oppportunity to raise funds for Govt (for all catego for example h1 , L1 5000 each applicant, EB Visas 2000 per applicant)

We need to ask some Americans to fax this....(DONOT PUT THIS AS A H1/GC applicant)... we need to do it now... What do u all think ??[/SIZE]

Keep up the good work!!!

Guys,

I appreciate the hard work everyone has put up here for the things to happen. This S1932 has united us in one way for good. Irrespective of the outcome, it has laid a good foundation for future actions. Our efforts have increased the awareness of our presence (legal immigrants) which is good for us. Now we can make them listen to our voices. Keep up the good work!!

Have a thought regarding attracting media for future actions -- How will it be if we have a procession sought of thing at prominent places. That way everyone comes to know about our issues and we may get some support from others too.

Its just a thought.

Don't lose hope. We will see the light soon. Hardship never goes waste.

Thanks...

stucklabor said:
Why move to ISN America? Why not stay just here if all we want is a website?

I think what is good about this forum is that people here understand that it is important to meet lawmakers to give us a human face. Sunjoshi, Superman, WaldenPond, are all ready and willing to do the right thing.

We could sure stay here, but if you guys know of other groups of immigrants like us, ask them all to move over to here and follow things here.

Meanwhile let us call and fax till the official congress vote is done

Originally Posted by drforgc
I totally agree. This is not the end, but just the begining. Do u think making a yahoo group is better? Which would be the best place to meet and interact so that this can evolve into a constructive forum?

So, do we still have any chance in 2006?

Urgent...Suggestion for our Friend Who is not well

For our friend in this forum who is ill ( dilldut ?) forgot his id, he has cancer, so we need to write a nice letter and show how the Senate 's proposal to exclude 8001 is going to affect his life. We need to fax it to all News Agencies and Send it to Radio Station...this will help him first...we need to tell govt to maek an exception for him first.

[We can also illustrate how others are also facing serois trauma due to retrogression.....Do it tonight..with 1000's of faxes to all media agenciens and request them to publich it so that Senate can hear our voice..

We need to state.. how the govt can save the life of Dilldut and also the several hundreds of folks suffering because spouse cannot be gainfully employed and how the life is uncertain due to Retro.. and How govt is also missing the $ oppportunity to raise funds for Govt (for all catego for example h1 , L1 5000 each applicant, EB Visas 2000 per applicant)

We need to ask some Americans to fax this....(DONOT PUT THIS AS A H1/GC applicant)... we need to do it now... What do u all think ??

stucklabor said:
What stage of the Green card process are you in, Ram_ram?

I propose whatever I want if it makes sense. This is a free country.

You on the other hand have hardly been a paragon of rationality.

I should have said 'One cannot...' instead of 'You cannot..'. Sorry to hurt you.

To address your curiosity--I am a 'stuck485'

crammm said:
PHP:
Originally Posted by drforgc
I totally agree. [B]This is not the end, but just the begining. [/B] Do u think making a yahoo group is better? Which would be the best place to meet and interact so that this can evolve into a constructive forum?

So, what are our chances next year?

I think we should start working on the upcoming comp immi bill in Spring. We will talk in detail about it later, let us do the calling and faxing till prob Tuesday

Amendment tactic

if the relevent sections really have been dropped out, can part of those (such as past# re-capture, allow I485 filing and discount dependents) get added as an amendment. some of those are non-controversial.
may be fax\phone\email\personal meeting campaign should focus on proposing an amendment than just supporting the relevent section. such amendment can come from any influential congressman or senator. so we do not need to worry about who is part of the conference committee, etc.
we can find someone like the anti-immigration grp found Byrd...

would still be great to understand if these proposals were dropped, how did they get the revenue needed to make the gap? just l1b fee increase?

rucshaca said:
if somebody in DC can come up and meet tomorrow that be great.

please, if i may request to stay focus. We can still win. We will send faxes, call tomorrow too.

DC folks, wake up ?

:)

Do it FAST... CALL CNN / BBC / All DC MEDIA / RADIO

Folks,

PLS SEE MY PREVIOUS POST

The battle is not lost.. Please draft a nice letter or (SUNJOSHI / PDAKWALA )
send out to CBC .. NBC... CNN...REUTERS ...AP.. and all DC MEDIA...make it like a hot news... flood them fast...believe me they will report it tommo morning..
before voting...

Show how the GOVT is ignorning and not being realistic to the sufferings of our friend in this forum and the rest of us.

THis will surely work...we need 1000s of emails or FAXES to them.... (TO ALL MEDIA AGENCIES) DO IT TONIGHT DO NOT WAIT

ok ......... it seems we are back to our goal "tomorrow we will win"

1 ) keep sending faxes, call
2) wake up DC folks, you gotto meet tomorrow
3) draft a letter and send it to media within half an hour

spgtopper said:
WaldenPond

I called the offices of the Senate & House Judiciary committees. No response on either.

Do you think that you probably got a wrong number & someone played a prank on you?

Just hopeful,

S.

Hello spgtopper,

For once I wish that someone played prak and I will be a happy. Just the thought of it makes me smile. The number I called is (202) 225-3951.

I had the opportunity to talk to bunch of people at the House in Speaker's office, Clerk's office, Public relations etc. But the Judiciary committee guys told me this. And the worst part is he knew what he was talking about. It appeared that this was already decided in the yesterday night meeting even before they got any of our the faxes or messages. I do have the feeling that there is positive some shift in some of the main congressmen stand on this issue and if meeting were to be held tonight, it may have been a different story .... just my gut feeling .... But I am still continuing to make phone calls and still sending faxes. Got in touch with an indirect contact with DC and coordinating that someone could go and meet Congressman and Senators.

Can u DRAFT LETTER FOR FOLKS TO POST ?

RushaCA,

CAN U DRAFT A LETTER NOW ? SO THAT IT WILL BE IN PRESS TOMMOROW MORNING ??? ALL OF US NEED TO BOMBARD THE MEDIA AGENCIENS

FIND ALL THE MEDIA AGENCIENS TEL # and EMAIL ID

Summarise the CaSE OF our Friend who has Cancer
Summarise how govt is blind not taking the $ factor into account for all VISA Categories
Summarise the 8001 and Retro issues for all of us, and also innovation loss, investment loss, spouse inability to work and leading to potential loss of billons of dollars in investment and growth opportunites for americans and loss of Bright brains because of Retro...it is causing Brain Drain..which is Brain GAIN FOR ASIA INDIRECTLY !

rucshaca said:
ok ......... it seems we are back to our goal "tomorrow we will win"

1 ) keep sending faxes, call
2) wake up DC folks, you gotto meet tomorrow
3) draft a letter and send it to media within half an hour

sundar99 said:
Folks,

PLS SEE MY PREVIOUS POST

The battle is not lost.. Please draft a nice letter or (SUNJOSHI / PDAKWALA )
send out to CBC .. NBC... CNN...REUTERS ...AP.. and all DC MEDIA...make it like a hot news... flood them fast...believe me they will report it tommo morning..
before voting...

Show how the GOVT is ignorning and not being realistic to the sufferings of our friend in this forum and the rest of us.

THis will surely work...we need 1000s of emails or FAXES to them.... (TO ALL MEDIA AGENCIES) DO IT TONIGHT DO NOT WAIT

I complete agree with this idea sundar99. This is GREAT idea. SUNJOSHI / PDAKWALA do you guys want to take lead on this. We could arrange for a conference call just now to cordinate this effort. Would you guys be interested in doing this?

Ram_ram

ram_ram said:
I should have said 'One cannot...' instead of 'You cannot..'. Sorry to hurt you.

To address your curiosity--I am a 'stuck485'

So basically you are an all or nothing person on this legislation not out of principle, but because the ability to file 485 even with retrogression does nothing for you. If you could have a visa number increase you probably wouldn't care about the rest of us who are yet to get on 485. I thought as much yesterday when you jumped on me for suggesting a compromise.

You have alternatives. You can use AC21 to move jobs. If you get laid off you can move to a similar job.

Spare a thought for the rest of us who don't have that advantage. Don't hide your selfishness under the fig leaf of uncompromising principle.

once the draft is ready we should take the help of Ravi kota IsnAmerica to use there web fax system to fax to media.