RFE Thread Part 4

Kotag kris & rsrgc

I just checked the AVM after seeing your mail. It says Received RFE response on Apr. 2nd 2002 and it takes 999 days... blah..

Sometime back, I used to check the AVM everynight; but after the RFE I don\'t even feel like checking the AVM.

Thanks

Tamizhan

Please post your ideas!!

My lawyer did not send employment letter while filing my 485. Guys do you think i am going to get RFE. Please give ur ideas!!!!

Employment letter, and other stuff

Don\'t quote me on it, but I think the employment letter is a REQUIRED part of the I-485; paystubs and W-2s are NOT. You folks may want to check with your lawyers on this.

I haven\'t seen my RFE yet, but chances are (we can only hope!) it\'s about a birth certificate -- I\'m from Canada, and the province I\'m from (Quebec) has some weird birth cert forms and they may need a longer-form one.

I chatted with my lawyer today, and he noted that RFEs are very common and not a big deal at this stage of a Green Card app. For those of you worrying... I understand; I\'ve had more than my share of musing and worrying about the whole process, when it\'ll be done, etc... look on the bright side: your case has been assigned to an officer, they\'re ready to finish it up, and just want a bit more info before making a final decision. Sure, an out-and-out approval would be better, but at least here, you\'re the next-closest to it. If your situation is good, your laywer competent, and your company willing, you\'re almost homefree.

Have a good weekend, everyone! Will stay in touch with things as they develop.

message of BCL

6.1.1 REF
Posted By: BCL 4/5/02 7:25 PM
(#20 of 20)
Hi,
I rcvd RFE on last three pay stubs and w2s.My curent slary is not matching slary mentioned on LC/I140 .Is it a problem?Anybody has this type of experience.
Thanks!!
BCL
BCL "This is for rsrgc!!!" 4/5/02 7:25pm

response to rsrgc

hello rsrgc,

i am in same condition. my salary last yr was close to half of that mentioned in lc. my lawyer replied to the rfe saying that i was employed only 25hrs/wk due during most part of last yr due to slow down. but since last 3-4 months my salary has come back to the actual (pay stubs included) due to business pick up in our company and i am back to 40hrs/wk. my lawyer mentioned in the letter that now my salary is back to normal.
i hav\'nt heard any response from ins yet so i don\'t know whether she did the right thing or not.
my lc also mentioned that i will be employed full time. so i have no idea what\'s gonna happen. according to her since we are showing that you are back to the regular hrs and wage so hopefully you should be ok.

message of dr25

RFE issued for May 2001 case
dr25 - 02:36pm Apr 6, 2002 EST

I don\'t know any thing yet, I just heard from the AVM.
I changed my job after 8 months of I-485 filed.
I was in the process of updating the INS about these changes and address,
but I don\'t know whether my attorney is sent this information or not.
Any one as any idea?.
rsrgc "RFE issued for May 2001 case" 4/7/02 10:04pm

my 2c worth..

keshav,

I don\'t know if you are working on H1 or EAD right now but,
1. To be on H1 one needs a full time job (to keep H1 valid) and need to work minimum 40 hours a week.
2. To support GC one must have a full time job (at minimum in the future) and if current job is the job that is supporting GC then it must be full time job! I don\'t know how your lawyer can say that due to down turn you worked for only 21 hours per week!

- PCee

message of pleasantday

RFE is Medical
Posted By: pleasantday 4/8/02 5:24 PM
(#17 of 17) I received the RFE for my wife (it was mailed on Mar-30th and received on Apr-5).
They have asked for the Supplemental form of I-693 (which contains the immunizations information) to be redone/updated with the shots for MMR. When we filed for I-485 we could not get MMR done because of her pregnancy.
I went to the same INS physician and shoed him proof of MMR immunity and he filled out another form and gave it in a sealed envelope. My attorney should send the RFE response ASAP.
I will post when I find out more about the RFE response from the INS.

pleasantday "Help! Spouse was not yet approved." 4/8/02 5:24pm

It takes a couple of weeks

If you responde by 4/2nd you will be done before the 20th. You are almost done. I keep checking this thread because I was in this situation as well, I\'m speaking out of experience.

Good luck, you are almost there.

rfe

The avm of myself and my daughter says that we have an rfe
My wife\'s avm still says \'pending review dec 6\'

So after 10 days of IIO saying that we have an rfe - the rfe has been finally mailed.

Now next step we have to wait for our attorney to contact us with the rfe details.

I Shall update this section when I receive the details.

message of godblessforever

To itwizard, did you send Letter from the employer on original letterhead when you filed I485?
Posted By: GodBlessForever 4/9/02 1:57 AM
(#90 of 90)
GodBlessForever "RFE Thread - Part II" 4/9/02 1:57am

Message to rsrgc

I notice you got RFE and waiting for unreasongly longer time; If possible, work with your local congressman/Sentor office, who can call CSC director and let you know the accurate details and you will get also estimated time to get the papers to you or your attonrney. In my case they gave me 4 weeks time window to receive RFE papers, I got within 3 weeks. WAC-01-250----
Good luck.

clarification

The above messages that I have posted are not messages that I write

They are messages that I find in other areas of the message board. I post them here so that people can have one specific area where they can read all messages without monitoring other messages.

Sorry about the confusion.

Hopefully we shall all get out of this quickly. CSC has improved their methods of processing rfe and this is helping a lot of people.

Tamizhan

Every step of the way there is a process and a method and a delay.

You should not lose heart.

You are now on the threshold of approval. You have mailed in your documents and your avm has been updated saying that they have received the documents on april 2 2002. Please disregard the next sentence saying that it takes 999 days. On an average from this point onwards it will take between 7 - 21 days max.

I suggest that you check your avm twice a week at the least. It does no harm to do so. Only point is that it is a let down if the avm is the same. When I hear the same message I always tell my wife \'Ya Ya Ya - Blah Blah Blah\' and she laughs and says \'The needle is stuck\' and I say \'Yes - same old song\'

Joke about it - Have fun - We have to take the good with the bad.

The birds are singing, Spring is in the air.

Mohan300

Did Yu get Yr approval.May pl let us know when Yu send Rfe Reply and when Yu got Yr approval

How long from AVM to attorney for RFE details

How long does it take for attorney to get RFE details after AVM is changed for RFE? I have been waiting for a week now.