RFE Thread Part 4

BVM my wifes notice date is 08/29/01 still..

avm not updated!Called INS and visited also.Both said recd on mar\'29th

Joined the RFE club

Posted By: Jay Jay 3/29/02 5:57 PM
(#158 of 165)
Got a call from my attorney this morning. and my case tuened out to be RFEd for W2, pay stub and evedince that I am still employed with the same company. I believe what trigers this is our company name that used be XXXX.COM. But what is more delicate is that our company changed its name last Nov after a merge. I suspect this will give me some troble although my lawyer is optimized about the situation.
--Jay Jay

Company name change

Things need for company name change case:

a. Amendment of company name change filed with commmerce.
b. A letter from CFO/HR explain that the TAX ID remains the same and your position is the same.

c. along with your pay stubs and W2

Hope this information helps.

How long?

From past experiences can someone tell me -

1. How long does it take to get the RFE letter - IIO told me that RFE was issued on 03/28 and AVM updated on 04/04 and says RFE was issued on 04/04?

2. Does the letter go to attorney or I receive the letter - I have recd the AP, FP and EAD on my address in the past.

3. My Wife\'s AVM remains the same - processing resumed ...... but mine has changed to RFE. What does that mean? IIO refused to give me wife\'s 485 progress as she was not present.

here are the answers Iwill

1. How long does it take to get the RFE letter - IIO told me that RFE was issued on 03/28 and AVM updated on 04/04 and says RFE was issued on 04/04?
>>in couple of days

2. Does the letter go to attorney or I receive the letter - I have recd the AP, FP and EAD on my address in the past.
>>Yes attorney will receive it

3. My Wife\'s AVM remains the same - processing resumed ...... but mine has changed to RFE. What does that mean? IIO refused to give me wife\'s 485 progress as she was not present.
>>If the AVM has not changed for her, that means she is fine and her approval will be delayed along with yours till you respond and the officer is satisfied with your reply.
Good luck

message of davidjed

It Just Gets Better & Better...
Posted By: davidjed 4/4/02 10:44 AM
(#45 of 45)
Yup, as I feared... I checked the AVM today and I\'m now the proud owner of an RFE on my I-485...
I don\'t know what it\'s about yet, though I\'m prepping for the paystubs/W-2s situation -- I\'ve changed jobs, changed states, and changed regions of the country, and haven\'t yet notified INS, so this one\'s going to be interesting... the jobIS very much "same or similar", and the pay\'s almost identical, so that should work OK... in a way I\'m relieved, because at least I know where things stand.

Hope life find you all in a better state.

Will keep you all posted with details as they transpire.

davidjed "==> JAN-MAY 2001 thread for I-485 Mailers to CSC (from 02/19/2002)" 4/4/02 10:44am

More info

Thanks, rsrg, for forwarding me here -- you guys are the best in these crazy times!

Anyway, I still don\'t know the contents of the RFE (I only heard about it on AVM), but I\'m guessing it\'s W2s/paystubs; will keep you posted.

Here\'s my info for now:
I-485 MD: 05/17/2001
RD: 05/18/2001
ND: 08/23/2001
FP recvd: 10/27/2001
FP sched: 11/28/2001
FP done: 10/28/2001
RFE sent: 03/30/2002
(still waiting for it)

Good luck, everyone! It\'s hopefuly to hear that decisions are made so quickly after mailout...

davidjed

RFE: Paystubs and W2\'s

Hi Folks,
Sorry about your RFEs. I have a question. Have you submitted your paystubs and W2s while filing I-485. I know those are not mandatory while filing I-485. I just want to check whether only the persons who didnt submit them with the original application are getting RFEs. I wish you all good luck I hope you will start enjoying your freedom very soon.

CS485

Actually there are many here who submitted their pay stubs but still got RFEs.

INS really decides if they need to see your most recent paystubs ( most likely \'Cos if your company had any recent layoffs ).

Second & most important, the lawyers and their para-legals screw up big time. You might be thinking you sent all the paystubs etc. etc to you lawyer for filing; but in many cases the lawyers ( because its not mandatory ) never sent the same to INS ( This is the potential chance for INS asking for W2s ).

Hope I answered you.

Tamizhan

Appeal to maintain the spread sheet for the next two weeks.

Hi,

I was hoping I would be getting my approval this week but as of y\'day the AVM still said "NO" and I do not think anything is going to change in the next two days. Anyhow, I will be taking off for the next two weeks and cannot be actively involved. Hence I request one of you to continue maintaining this spread sheet starting monday(4/8) atleast until I get back. I will maintain it until this Saturday (4/6)
and upload the spreadsheet. I should be back on 4/22.

RSRGC, thanks for those posts.

Here\'s the latest spreadsheet.

Thanks
BVM

Peasant0 - Help! Spouse was not yet approved.

Posted by peasant0

peasant0 - 10:35pm Apr 3, 2002 EST

My application was approved on 3/29. WAC-01-259-*****. RFE 3/5, replied 3/19.

Hang on RFE guys, CSC is really approving fast for RFE cases.

However, my wife has not yet got her approval. Anyone has similar experience?

peasant0 "Help! Spouse was not yet approved." 4/4/02 3:28pm

Yes BVM

I shall take over for the next two weeks the task of updating the
spread sheet

Then when u return I shall give it back to you

Regards

rsrgc

Can we get the spreadsheet in some other format?

I do not have the matching Excel version. Can someone please cut and paste the xls data on a message? I will really appreciate it.

I will - I have saved this

in the Excel version no 3 format

Hope you r able to open this.

message of pleasantday

6. Same here --Finally RFE for Spouse
Posted By: pleasantday 4/4/02 4:55 PM
(#8 of 8)
I am the primary applicant - approved on March 4th..
no update for spouse..called INS last 2 weeks. Was told that a RFE was ordered by the officer, but the RFE has NOT been sent.
I guess the RFE has to be approved by a supervisor before it goes out.
Finally on Mar30th the message updated to RFE issued. I have still not received it.
Will post once I have an update
pleasantday "Help! Spouse was not yet approved." 4/4/02 4:55pm

I didn\'t submit W2, Tax returns etc...

I just submitted an employment letter. I did not get an RFE. So, it depends on the officer and the company you work for, I guess. If you work for a prominent company with much publicized layoffs it may be detrimental. Heck, My company merged with another after my I485 was filed. I was really vulnerable to RFE for I140 amendment, Company name change, W2\'s, Tax returns, really the whole shebang. I was really bracing for it but I got no RFE. Maybe there was something about my case that made my case straight forward. I really think it is a personal style of the officer adjudicating your case.

I think you are correct

After bungling with Sept.11 terrorist\'s cases, INS is kind of trying to show that they are cleaning up their mess ( even though they never really can do it in a short period ). And the result : Poor folks like us are getting RFEs in a dozen.

Tamizhan