RFE Thread Part 4

rfe information

When the rfe response is sent to CSC - the officer is supposed to
either adjudicate or transfer for interview within 60 days. In case this is not done the attorney can send a level one fax enquiry - which CSC has to respond within 14 days. After than the attorney may send a level 2 enquiry which CSC has to respond with 10 days.

Guys this is the process for rfe cases -

I request all people who have not had a response from CSC to contact their attorney in case 60 days have elapsed.

It is better that the attorney sends the fax enquiry - I am sure that CSC responds to the attorney better than the individual.

Individuals get quoted the JIT report and that id "Not a proper response"

Itwizard - My Rfe Details

3 yrs W2, Employment offer letter
Rcvd RFE letter 3/22/02
Replied : 04/05/02
No AVM update as of 04/14/02

rsrgc.. case A P P R O V E D for me but not my wife.. confused. ( Tamizhan )

Hi

I have already posted under the id of Tamizhan ( because my ID is not working I am posting this with new ID ). My case had an RFE on Feb 27th ( and my wife\'s case still said on Dec 29th 2001 processing resumed ). I replied the RFE on Mar 18th. Heard INS received on Apr 2nd. And yesterday I was delighted to see my approval alone in my postal mailbox.

Before this AP, EAD, FP notices everything was issued together for both me and my wife. Now my case is approved and I got notice for the same whereas my wife\'s case is still not approved. When I checked the AVM, it still says Dec 29th 2001 processing resumed for my wife and for me it says the case is approved on April 10th 2002.....

Now comes the problem. My 6 year limit on H1 is expiring in a few days ( Apr 25th ). My wife is on H4 ( dependant of me ). If I go stamp my passport, will she be out of status immediately ? Or because her I-485 is still pending technically, her stay is legal ?

Also what could have happened in my wife\'s case ( I am sure there\'s no RFE in her case; we sent all the documents and everything is very straightforward in her case ). Could it just be the oversight of the officer adjudicating the case to have missed my wife\'s case ? In that scenario what should I do to get her approval immediately ?

Please keep your thoughts & answers posted. I am really indebted to all of you folks and this board for all the help and great insight I got all along.

Thanks

Tamizhan (alias) srirenga

DID AVM change after RFE?

Lately I hear no change in AVM even after FP/approval. Just wondering if it had changed for you guys after RFE. Also have another question: do we also receive a copy of RFE or it just goes to lawyer only?

Thanks

AVM gets updated on RFE Receipt

My AVM message says that they received the RFE reply on March 28th and usually such cases are processed in 995 days.

to milli

In my case, the RFE went to the lawyer. She then asked me to provide the documents (3 years tax returns, 3 recent pay stubs).

As per the RFE spreadsheet maintained here, the approval usually takes places in 10-15 days after you have submitted the documents. In April that does not seem to be happening.

Still waiting..

--
EB2 India,CSC, RD 04/19, ND 06/19, AP 07/23, EAD 10/03, FP 11/27, RFE 02/13, RFE Reply 03/28

Thanks rsrgc Tiptronicus1!!!

Tiptronicus1, Did you AVM change after they(INS) issued RFE in your case?

Thanks a lot

Yes milli

The AVM changed after the RFE was issued. It said something like "we have asked for additional information for this case"

The AVM was updated after the Reply was received also.

Thanks once again

The reason I asked that question is what if they send RFE to lawyer and AVM is not updated......only my lawyer would come to know about it....lately i dunno if it\'s with the lawyer\'s office or some mailing problem with INS.....I received a notice after almost two months(my lawyer claimed he received it only then) it said it was sent in AVM another one I\'m yet to receive even after two months it said it was sent in AVM....Both of them are different cases of mine and they are approval notices.........

I\'m kinda worried what if the same thing happens with my RFE...I believe there\'s a time limit before which you have to respond to it.....anyways, that\'s my story...sorry to bore you guys...

milli

when rfe is issued u have 90 days to respond from the date the notice was issued. RFE is always sent to attorney - AVM may or may not be updated - AVM as you know is a piece of crap.

Now if you lose time due to mailing or inefficient lawyer that\'s bad

That is the exact reason why I called IIO - I guessed that my case should have been processed.

I am going according to notice date and I feel that all cases
in wac 01-260 to wac-01-290 should have been assigned and processed if the fp was done before december 31 2001

Please guys - keep checking avm once a week at the least

If you have doubts that your attorney is not so efficient - please be proactive and call IIO minimum once a month near approval.

message of sacpat

Sent: 11 hr 22 min ago - Apr 17, 02 2:21 New
Subj: Can you please post this for me?

Hi,
I tried to post the message, but it just said NO ACCESS. I am sorry to bother you,
but could you please post the following message for me.

Hi All,

I was telling my friends this evening that I really hoped my case has been assigned to
an officer. For some reason, I just called to check the status.
And finally I heard different message, the RFE has been mailed out today.
Well I really don\'t know whether its a good sign.
But I am going to take in a positive way.
At least some officer cared to touch my VERY IMPORTANT FILE.
Now couple of questions... My consulting company hasn\'t been paying me salary since
Jan. 1st 2002, but I have all the pay stubs until Dec. 31st.
Would these pay stubs be more than as an evidence?
What if you change the job after 180 days, and just have 2 pay stubs?
Well of course I am asking all these questions,
assuming they have requested for pay stubs.
I would really appreciate if you all give me some ideas, suggestions.
BTW the following is the information you all would like to know:

Receipt # WAC-01-296-55XXX Receipt Date: Sept. 17, 2001
Notice Date: Sept. 27, 2001 FP done as scheduled: Dec. 21st 2001
EAD and AP: last week of Dec (Pretty lucky, huh???)

Well I really hope, this information would help you all.

Any suggestions, or any kinda information will really be appreciated

reply to sacpat

Hi - sorry to hear that you have received rfe.

RFE is generally for w2/federal tax return/4 recent pay stubs

Now if you do not have 4 recent pay stubs you need to get your company to start issuing
you pay stubs and you have 90 days to respond. if in that time you are able to generate
4 pay stubs you are in good shape.

if you change jobs after 180 days
and have only two pay stubs - you will have to do the following
a) Employment letter with job description same or similar to earlier job
b) Letter of Attorney explaining that you are doing so uner AC21 law
c) wait for a month and generate two more pay stubs making total to 4 pay stubs.

I hope that your rfe does not have any more requirements.

Some rfe\'s do ask for company financials also.

To restore access to your account please send an email to monica@immigration.com
or you could use the logout button and then surprise - you will be able to post messages.
or you could register with a new login id.

Please update this thread when you get more information about your case

Does the AVM get updated daily ?

Is there any point in checking the AVM daily ? Do you think it is updated once a week or is that completely random ?

I think avm

gets updated daily - but maybe there is no change to ur status and hence it may play the same message.

I do check on avm once a day in the night because my case is near approval.

rfe case

Sent: 20 hr ago - Apr 17, 02 20:30 New
Subj: rfe case!

can\'t seem to be able to post, so i\'m sending it to you.
details:

- wac-01-277-xxxxx - rfe recording - 03/30/2002 -
received in mail - 04/05/2002 for 2001 w2,
4 recent paystubs and employment verification letter.
- documents sent on - 04/12/2002 - documents received
and avm message changed - 04/16/2002 - now waiting for approval

-------------
private message received by rsrgc - sid70_97 unable to post messages