• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Result of the court hearing 12th July 2010

To those present at the hearing yesterday.

Amin’s declaration was proven to be inaccurate
How did the discussion go? Was that what judge said? Was that that DOS said?
Amin’s declaration means that he has little or no idea how his business operates.
Same questions. How did the discussion go? Was that what judge said? Was that that DOS said?

First quote was the official quote... your second quote is just what some member from this forum think of the meaning... just a forumer opinion, do not put to much weight in it... Remember the same peoples here said this would be a slam dunk case for DOS...
To those present at the hearing yesterday.

How did the discussion go? Was that what judge said? Was that that DOS said?
Same questions. How did the discussion go? Was that what judge said? Was that that DOS said?

First quote was the official quote... your second quote is just what some member from this forum think of the meaning... just a forumer opinion, do not put to much weight in it... Remember the same peoples here said this would be a slam dunk case for DOS...

NO, Jayo2k, the 2nd quote wasn't something a forumer just came up with! It was what Egor said on Mr. White's blog that DOS told the Judge that Amin's declaration means that he has little or no knowledge of how his business operates, and DOS also asked if someone else's other than Amin could write the declaration. So the 2nd quote was said by DOS!

Here's what Egor wrote on White's blog: "Amin’s declaration means that he has little or no idea how his business operates. It doesn’t mean it’s in our favor unfortunately.

Defendants also requested that the new declaration may be written by someone other than Amin. That leaves us very little space for maneuver, because that new declaration will be written from scratch with all our counterarguments already taken into account".

P.S: Egor was at the hearing yesterday!

NO, Jayo2k, the 2nd quote wasn't something a forumer just came up with! It was what Egor said on Mr. White's blog that DOS told the Judge that Amin's declaration means that he has little or no knowledge of how his business operates, and DOS also asked if someone else's other than Amin could write the declaration. So the 2nd quote was said by DOS!
from Egor's post it was not clear to me whether it was DOS's opinion (about Amin's little knowledge) or just Egor's.

Defendants also requested that the new declaration may be written by someone other than Amin. That leaves us very little space for maneuver, because that new declaration will be written from scratch with all our counterarguments already taken into account".
This looks strange because White's arguments including counterarguments were clear from the beginning.

Declaration by the end of today. That probably means by 4pm today. The letter to visa office and responses by noon today. No hearings today.

You know what guys?????????????? I am tired and sick of this DV Hullabaloo. Scrap of the damn Lottery if that's the only way to end this Drama. 4 of my friends that are previous winners. This DV fiasco has affected them so much, they hardly come out, they hardly talk to people, they just decide to remain indoors and think about this whole shit. What the **** is in America. That people make it a do or die affair to go to. I've told this my friends, every thing you ever think is in America. You can find them in other countries, they are still some lovely countries out there. Canada, Japan, Brazil, Australia, Seychelles. These are all beautiful countries to visit and live. America, i tell them is slowly fading off...... Give America 10 more years with the way things are in that country, they won't be much of a topic of discussion. This is a country that is going through a difficult time with economic hardship, no jobs, hugely indebted.. the list goes on.

Jayo2k just pasted a link that LA times wants the DV lottery scrapped. I second that decision. If that will be an antidote to stop all the dramas about the Lottery. Then so be it.... I am tired and sick. And you know what?? I don't bloody care about the Lottery anymore. Whether or not they publish new results. I am not checking. I am out of the forum for good. I am not wasting my time on hear over some bullshit that has no bearing or importance in my life. Common guys, lets do something good with our lives and forget about this ****ed up DV shit........... American visa lottery can kiss my black ***

From CraigToomy:
Chen has attempted to explain this with “delayed write” algorithms. In other words, according to him (and probably the today’s declaration) when you submitted your application it went directly to the hard disks. But when your father submitted his application, the disk subsystem throughput was exhausted (due to high volume of applications) and this database entry was “cached” at a temporary storage and then merged to the actual database (some 9 000 records later) during it’s idle time.
If that is what new affidavit is going to say (quite logical from programmer's point of view), the court decision should be really very quick and it would probably be ready very soon after the hearing starts.

Filed & Entered: 07/13/2011 AFFIDAVIT re [7] Memorandum in Opposition, Motion Hearing, Set Deadlines,, by HILLARY RODHAM CLINTON, JOHN COE, DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY, DAVID DONAHUE, JANICE JACOBS, KENTUCKY CONSULAR CENTER, ALEJANDRO MAYORKAS, JANET NAPOLITANO, U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE, UNITED STATES CITIZENSHIP AND IMMIGRATION SERVICES. (Chen, Hans) from egor

well the development so far!
Egor says:
July 13, 2011 at 2:38 pm
UPDATE

Filed & Entered: 07/13/2011 AFFIDAVIT re [7] Memorandum in Opposition, Motion Hearing, Set Deadlines,, by HILLARY RODHAM CLINTON, JOHN COE, DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY, DAVID DONAHUE, JANICE JACOBS, KENTUCKY CONSULAR CENTER, ALEJANDRO MAYORKAS, JANET NAPOLITANO, U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE, UNITED STATES CITIZENSHIP AND IMMIGRATION SERVICES. (Chen, Hans)

No more courtroom action according to the second Facebook page --- facebook.com/dvlottery

UPDATE: The judge decided there will be no in court hearing today and further testimony on the part of the DoS expert witness will take place in the form of written submission. As for the decision, it will be made before the 15th. It is not certain if today yet. It is highly probable that the decision will also be communicated in written. No further courtroom hearing is planned.

Filed & Entered: 07/13/2011 AFFIDAVIT re [7] Memorandum in Opposition, Motion Hearing, Set Deadlines,, by HILLARY RODHAM CLINTON, JOHN COE, DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY, DAVID DONAHUE, JANICE JACOBS, KENTUCKY CONSULAR CENTER, ALEJANDRO MAYORKAS, JANET NAPOLITANO, U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE, UNITED STATES CITIZENSHIP AND IMMIGRATION SERVICES. (Chen, Hans) from egor
I wonder what those "set deadlines" mean. Is it DOS that sets the deadlines, or the judge?