Received YL but no IL

re

You all need to be glad that the wait time for citizenship is not as bad as it used to for I-485 approval. Just chill out and you will get your case processed.
For those who are curious to know
I received YL and Interview letter in the same post sent by NBC. I recieved them 5 weeks after FP was done.

You all need to be glad that the wait time for citizenship is not as bad as it used to for I-485 approval. Just chill out and you will get your case processed.
For those who are curious to know
I received YL and Interview letter in the same post sent by NBC. I recieved them 5 weeks after FP was done.

This is good news that you got YL and IL in the same mail. Can you please post your time line.

I have received my IL but there is no YL.BTW there is no officer name on IL.
can someone explain what YL is and what could be reason I haven't got it?
thanks

Moshak,
Usually Yellow letter is for the list of document that USCIS want to see at interview. But you should bring all the documents that will support your case. In my Yellow letter they ask me to bring DL and SS letter since I put on my N400 application that I did not register with SS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bull I posted on my previous post LOL! It came from Missouri from the NBC center, so Im guessing they have a scheduling system where they have the DO's and their schedules and they do it from there. Oh and no officer's name either.

I just wanted to continue this conversation, ha
J/k

Sorry I missed it earlier, but anyways, good to hear from you again

I called USCIS just now, call escalated to 2nd officer and she tells that I am not scheduled for interview yet. I asked when can I expect IL and her answer is, people actually wait six months to an year sometimes to get IL. There ends the matter without anymore questions. She was polite though in talking. :) :)

I think it is better to think like I haven't filed N-400 yet, just keep myself occupied with other stuff and let it come whenever it comes. Guess no other choice here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it will be soon since you already got the yellow letter, it is usually short after that when people get the IL. Best of luck!

hey Mimi,

I had an update online to my case, sent to local DO for standard interview, no IL yet thoguh, it was updated on 10/13/2009

So I guess now I am just waiting for the IL, assuming all background checks are completed and now all is in hands of DO