Received YL but no IL

bullsnbears

Registered Users (C)
My finger printing was done on 09/24 and processed the same day. i received the YL dated 09/28 asking for driver's license.

I havent received the IL yet, it has been 13 days since FP. how long will it take.

Is it normal waiting time?

Also, what does more delay mean, and anyone else worried like me? or am i driving myslef to crazy world in my mind?

YL is generic reminder/suggestion as to what documents to bring to interview. IL can take anywhere from 2-8 weeks after FP to receive. Be patient, and stop worrying yourself for nothing as it will only drive to crazier.

Thanks Bob, I know I am just worrying for nothing, nothing to worry about but just wondering why some people get IL in a week and some take 2 months, just as you said, it can take that long, dont know why though

Does this mean the background check is going on during this period? Then why send the yellow letter,

My finger printing was done on 09/24 and processed the same day. i received the YL dated 09/28 asking for driver's license.

I havent received the IL yet, it has been 13 days since FP. how long will it take.

Also, what does more delay mean, and anyone else worried like me? or am i driving myslef to crazy world in my mind?

I gave my FP on 08/25/2009 and received YL but no IL until now. So, these things happen. You could get IL before me. Some did. If not, you have to wait for some weeks before you start getting worried.

I think it all depends on how busy is your DO and how many officers they have etc...I don't think that some getting it before others means anything good or bad about it. So hang in there ;)

FYI, just a year ago, it would take a year or more to receive a IL...

FYI, just a year ago, it would take a year or more to receive a IL...

I don't know if it fair to make such comparisons. An year ago, millions of petitions were filed due to the impending fee increase and also the elections and the average processing times were higher. Now, applicants were supposed to take into consideration how other applicants within the same DO are doing now. Example, all the 15 cases before and 15 cases after mine were already transferred to local DO except mine and another one. Obviously it is a matter for concern.

I thought the case didnt move to DO till full background check was completed. At this stage I think my case is still with NBC..... till I dont get the message "your case is transfered to DO".

Even the YL is from NBC.....

Online my case still says, we sent you RFE......":confused:

I don't know if it fair to make such comparisons. An year ago, millions of petitions were filed due to the impending fee increase and also the elections and the average processing times were higher. Now, applicants were supposed to take into consideration how other applicants within the same DO are doing now. Example, all the 15 cases before and 15 cases after mine were already transferred to local DO except mine and another one. Obviously it is a matter for concern.

I agree. But complaining because it has been 13 days?!?!?

People- We are here to help each other with concerns, no matter how relevant or not they are.

I agree with Spiderman, a year ago and now are different times, we can't compare.

I received my IL almost 2 months after FP.
When I see that for example a fellow newyorker like Vorpal completed his process in over a year, then I consider myself pretty lucky.

Thanks Bob, I know I am just worrying for nothing, nothing to worry about but just wondering why some people get IL in a week and some take 2 months, just as you said, it can take that long, dont know why though

Does this mean the background check is going on during this period? Then why send the yellow letter,

There are many factors as to why someone would get IL within 2 weeks of YL, and someone else would get it 2 months after YL. DO and case specifics are some of the main reasons..no need for you to worry about.

Sarrebal- others concerns shouldn't bother you so much, he has the right of asking whatever he wants. He already knows he is ok, he is on the right track, that's all he need it to hear.

Sarrebal- others concerns shouldn't bother you so much, he has the right of asking whatever he wants. He already knows he is ok, he is on the right track, that's all he need it to hear.

And I have the right to reply that 13 days is nothing.
Nothing bothers me, but I just thought it was a ridicolous concern, that's all.

Hi,

I got my YL on Oct 2nd. Today status changed on the website saying your case has been transferred to local office. So, I should see the letter in next 2 to 3 days. You should see it shortly.

All the best.

Hi,

I got my YL on Oct 2nd. Today status changed on the website saying your case has been transferred to local office. So, I should see the letter in next 2 to 3 days. You should see it shortly.

All the best.

Can you please post your timeline and also, look into your online USCIS portfolio for I-485 LUD (you can add I-485 if it is not done already) and see if there is an LUD change for I-485 as well. If so, can you post that date as well. Thanks.