Received YL but no IL

Thank you guys,

I willl try not to worry but when I see people around me getting ILs, I wonder what is holding my case back.

Just natural to worry I guess.

I know here a lot of poeple around 09/25 FP have started getting ILs or case updates.

I have also seen another trend

If no updates, and no online updates, and no ILs but only YL asking Drivers Licenses and nothing else, I think it gets stuck. Agree? Disagree?

What's your DO?

If you check the Atlanta timeline you can see that people that got YL got IL a few days later, so it really depends on how busy the DO is and how many officers they have working/interviewing. If you see my timeline you can see it took more than 2 weeks (1 month and 6 days) to get my YL update after the fingerprints.

Last edited by a moderator:
If no updates, and no online updates, and no ILs but only YL asking Drivers Licenses and nothing else, I think it gets stuck. Agree? Disagree?

What do you mean by it gets stuck? If your case is still being reviewed due to whatever reason, it's being processed regardless of what message may or may not appear on online system.

I am in Richmond, VA, so I guess my DO is Norfolk, VA

No many people here from my DO I think,

Mimi,

See you got a nice "Transfer to Local...."

My case has not been updates since 09/10 which says we sent you RFP, thats what worries me, woudl not be pretty to get lost in the system.

I am not quite sure, but i think sometimes the Online Case Status gets updated pretty late.

Recently for me, i got my IL in the mail and it said..... RFE....Message. One fine morning, i got an email notification that this case has been sent to Standard Interview. So, i am not quite sure how accurate the online message is or maybe they just update it late !!

Bull the important thing is that you got the yellow letter, that means pretty much 80% chance that your case was transfered to the local office. Usually when you get that letter is because your case is on the way to the interview/DO process. Don't go by the website, in my case the web was updated but I never got any emails or text even tho Im signed up to get updates, so if I were you I go by what I get on the mail rather than the website info.

There you go Sanjay is a good example.

I know there was a post on working of USCIS on N400 cases. That document had stages & steps that needs to happen on N400. Can someone please post that again?

And, then we can ask moderator to create a sticky thread with useful links like that.

OK one very important question (Atleast for me to understand)

Who ever has received the IL here and also/ or YL, can you please look at the envelop and let us know where are they coming from?

for example. my YL came from NBC,. so i know my case is still in the NBC.

Now if IL for someone came from DO, then I can understand that the transfer of case and due to resources at DO, there are delays

-- You guys think the background check has been completed by then? I mean when the case is sent to DO?

if the IL is coming from NBC, then I think that is because the background check is completed and now the case is moving to DO?

Do I makes sense? If not, read my questions again, I am thinking faster than I can type, sorry, too many questions,

3 words for all the above...

help, help, help (just like location location location:D:D:D)

When the case is transfered for interview all the backgrounds are done. I think all the letters come from NBC center in Missouri I think. Actually I think that once you get the YL it means your case was reviewed and backgrounds are completed.

Mimi,

I think then I have my concerns about the following:

If that was true, there shouldnt be a delay in sending the YL and IL pretty much the same time from what you say, since all checks have been completed unless they wait for the DO to send them the schedule.

I suppose somewhere I read that IL also has officer's name. So somehow they have to know the time/ schedule of the IO.

I would love to hear from one person who actually has the IL in hand and can verify where did it come from.

I think they are somewhat connected, Im sure they have a system where they have the DO's info/schedule and they do it at the NBC center. Not sure. Again scheduling plays the big part of this part of the process, God knows how many people are in line for interview, they only have 5 days a week and x amount of officers. I'm pretty sure that when your YL is sent your background is done.

Some here has his/ her IL in hand? Where does it come from, look at the envelop....

Mimi,

My YL starts with "After complete review...."

so I m guessing we are far along, just wondering whats the process there after, about IL I mean, I hope someone can say if it is from NBC or DO

I checked my brother's papers (who got approved last year) and noticed that YL & IL came from NBC but it doesn't have the local IO's name on it. NBC must have some DO scheduling system or something which they use to schedule these interviews. I guess that is the reason why some DO cases are moving faster than other DO cases because of local scheduling load. That is what I am thinking. I also read recently that N-400 officers were moved to other type petitions because of drastic fall in N-400 petitions and also, they let go off the contractors they hired temporarily for the last year N-400 applications surge in millions.

Last edited by a moderator:
In that case, the background check might still be happening and thus cause of the delay. I suppose till the final IL is not sent in, DO has nothing much to do, only from that point onwards. For all we know, they might never look at your papers till the very moment of the interview.

Anyone else sees the IL from NBC?

Hey Anik have you called them?

Last time I called them which was almost two weeks ago and 2nd level IO told me that after receiving Yellow letter it takes from 30 to 90 to get IL. So I am still waiting. I know it took 2 to 3 weeks to some members to get IL after receiving Yellow letter.

Sounds good Anik, at least you know what period of time to wait until you should take further actions.