Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

Yesterday November 10th I had my Interview.

My scheduled tiem was at 8.40 AM. There by 8.20 AM. But I wasnt called isnide till about 9.30 AM. Intevriew over by 10.00 AM. Asked to wait for the oath letter.

Oath is on November 19th at 1.30 PM

My journey to this country started on JUne 9th of 1995 as H1 B and reached as Citizen of USA on November 19th 2008

----------------

My Dates

July 14th 2008 filed N400
July 26th 2008 Received 400 recipt
August 12th Finger prints
November 10th Interview
November 19th Oath

Congratulations Sai Babu! 4 months processing at Durham DO..wow..that was fast.

Durham DO was really fast these days especially from July 2008

People who applied in July 2007 before the fees were increased they got their approvals in AUgust of this year. This is due to large numebr of applications where fencesitters applied before hike in fees.

Now with increased fees probably the service level improved

Congrats Saibabu; your oath date is just 2 days after mine :)

It seems Durham DO is also doing a lot of oath ceremonies per week, too...that means they're interviewing a lot also...
Man I'm glad i don't have to drive to freakin' Charlotte.

Congrats Sai_Babu and Washburn on your oath dates. My interview was on Nov 5th right in between your interview dates. So if the freakin USCIS does not screw up I should have my oath on the 17th or 19th. Am going to check my mail extra eagerly this week.

Yesterday November 10th I had my Interview.

My scheduled tiem was at 8.40 AM. There by 8.20 AM. But I wasnt called isnide till about 9.30 AM. Intevriew over by 10.00 AM. Asked to wait for the oath letter.

Oath is on November 19th at 1.30 PM

My journey to this country started on JUne 9th of 1995 as H1 B and reached as Citizen of USA on November 19th 2008

----------------

My Dates

July 14th 2008 filed N400
July 26th 2008 Received 400 recipt
August 12th Finger prints
November 10th Interview
November 19th Oath

Congratulations! I had my interview on Nov 6th and I was approved without a glitch. I was confused because they gave me the approval right away and was told to sit in the waiting area. Did they give an oath letter on the spot? i asked the blonde girl that came out with approvals for others if the form with the approval was all I needed and she said yes. I waited about 1 hour after the officer approved me outside but I wasn't given anything else. Should I have waited longer for my oath letter?? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Sometimes they hand out oath letter after interview, sometimes they mail it to you instead. If the IO told you approval was all you needed, then oath letter will be mailed to you. Schedule an Infopass for an update if you don't get an oath letter 30 days after you interview.

sbernal, I had the interview 1 day before you and it looks like they had run out of seats for the Nov 17th oath. So I got the N-652 letter just like you. The person giving out that letter told me that I would get the oath letter mailed to me within 2 months.

It appears that between Nov 6th and Nov 10th another oath ceremony was scheduled for the 19th so the folks on Nov 10th got the oath letter right away at the interview because spots were open for that oath ceremony.

So, if their system works fine we should have the oath letter for the 19th this week. Hopefully. That's how it looks to me. But who knows how the system actually works.

Sometimes they hand out oath letter after interview, sometimes they mail it to you instead. If the IO told you approval was all you needed, then oath letter will be mailed to you. Schedule an Infopass for an update if you don't get an oath letter 30 days after you interview.

Yeah i just don't know 'cause the IO gave me the approval in her office and then told me to wait outside. Dunno if she was going to give me the oath letter the same day. After 1 hour of waiting i asked another officer that came out with approvals for others if I was set to go and she said yes. I hope I get the letter soon. If a Nov 10th interviewee has an oath for the 19th then I should be in that ball park I hope.

Yeah i just don't know 'cause the IO gave me the approval in her office and then told me to wait outside. Dunno if she was going to give me the oath letter the same day. After 1 hour of waiting i asked another officer that came out with approvals for others if I was set to go and she said yes. I hope I get the letter soon. If a Nov 10th interviewee has an oath for the 19th then I should be in that ball park I hope.

It could be that they didn't have any more space available in the next scheduled oath, or maybe your IO forgot that you were waiting and didn't follow up to schedule oath right away. That could explain why your IO told you to wait outside for 1 hour after handing you your approval letter only to have another IO tell you you are set to go.

I thought they told you to wait anyway, because you're gonna get either the N652 or oath letter after waiting. That's what happened in my case, but my IO told me it would be the N652 and not the oath letter, 'cause he already knew they had run out of seats for the very next oath ceremony. I still had to wait like 20 min to get the N652, and the oath letter came in the mail after about a week.

If IO didn't tell you to wait specifically for the OL, I think he may have just meant to wait and get the N652 before you leave.. (which, to me sounds like what happened)

if he really mentioned like "wait outside for the oath letter", then that sounds like he did screw something up...but he didn't say "oath letter" according to your description, right?

either way, you'll get OL soon.

If IO didn't tell you to wait specifically for the OL, I think he may have just meant to wait and get the N652 before you leave.. (which, to me sounds like what happened)

sbernal mentioned the IO handed out the interview letter in office after interview and then told him/her to wait outside.

sbernal mentioned the IO handed out the interview letter in office after interview and then told him/her to wait outside.

yeah a bit confusing. Got my infopass for tomorrow to see if maybe i wasn't patient enough.I can't wait to be done with USCIS. 18 years has been enough

Congratulations! I had my interview on Nov 6th and I was approved without a glitch. I was confused because they gave me the approval right away and was told to sit in the waiting area. Did they give an oath letter on the spot? i asked the blonde girl that came out with approvals for others if the form with the approval was all I needed and she said yes. I waited about 1 hour after the officer approved me outside but I wasn't given anything else. Should I have waited longer for my oath letter?? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Initially they asked us to wait in the waiting area and later as more people were tehre asked us to wait in the oath room.
They asked us to wait in the Oath room in the 1st floor and the officer or whoever it is was comming every 20-30 minutes to give the oath letter.

Durham DO was really fast these days especially from July 2008

People who applied in July 2007 before the fees were increased they got their approvals in AUgust of this year. This is due to large numebr of applications where fencesitters applied before hike in fees.

Now with increased fees probably the service level improved

Congrats, Sai Babu! :)

Minor correction: SOME of us who applied in July 2007 are STILL waiting for the interview (next week!). ;)

Guess that's the kind of service we can expect for only paying $400. :cool:

hehe; hopefully it remains like that at least till i pay off the student loans :D :eek:
(at least wifey got out of pharmacy school in May ... helps a lot)

Well went for my info pass today and spoke to an officer. He gave me a hard time saying they have 120 days to issue oath letters after the interview blah, blah, blah but while he lectured me he did a search and printed my oath letter! I'm scheduled for Nov 19th at 1:30pm!! So happy to be done. It took a total of 5 months since I sent my N-400 so I'm not complaining.

Congratulations..you should have gave him a hard time by telling him your fees pay his salary and he should be happy to have a job :D