Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

Do you sign and date the oath letter beforehand?

Hi all, I was just wondering - do you sign and date the oath letter before you go in for the ceremony, or do you need to sign and date it in front of an IO after they go over the questions on the back of the form?

Thanks much!

Hi all, I was just wondering - do you sign and date the oath letter before you go in for the ceremony, or do you need to sign and date it in front of an IO after they go over the questions on the back of the form?

Thanks much!
At the Durham DO, the officer at the front desk on left will take your signed, dated, and filled out oath letter. They don't require you to fill it out and sign it in front of them. In fact they encourage you to fill it out and sign it before to speed things up.

So is there a way to find out when the upcoming oath dates are for a DO in general, and/or for Durham DO specifically... ?
i wonder when I should start freaking out.. :D after 1 month?
Looks like Bobsmyth's OL came about a month after the interview...

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately, there's no oath calendar available for Durham DO. I predict you'll be scheduled for next round of oaths in early November. (first or second week of November). You can always call USCIS on Friday and ask an IO to see if you have been scheduled for an oath yet.

Update :)

Well I must say that they sure cash the checks fast, they don't like money to go to waste do they. :)

So now I guesss I am waiting for my FP appointment

sooo....it doesn't look like anyone from here had an IV on the same week I had at the Durham DO, I guess?
If there's anyone with a similar timeline, please let me/us know if/when you get an oath letter...

There's no way to track oath in Durham so I'll have to just depend on others waiting for OL like me to post any updates....

or shall I open a "Raleigh/Durham DO Oath tracker" thread? :)

sooo....it doesn't look like anyone from here had an IV on the same week I had at the Durham DO, I guess?
If there's anyone with a similar timeline, please let me/us know if/when you get an oath letter...

There's no way to track oath in Durham so I'll have to just depend on others waiting for OL like me to post any updates....

or shall I open a "Raleigh/Durham DO Oath tracker" thread? :)

Congratulations on passing your interview. And try to relax now, the hard part is over. Obsessing about the oath letter isn't going to make it arrive any faster. Give it a total of 30 days after your interview, and if you haven't received it by then, schedule an appointment via infopass. Good Luck.

Yeah I think that's good advise; I did a great job of being patient waiting for the IV letter...this one seems a bit harder somehow

...Just wish there were more people waiting on OL so that one could keep track of it, sort of :)

Hello all,
Hope all are doing well.
Washburn.. Dont worry you will get the OL soon.
During our OC, we had about 100 new citizens, the room was full. Gretchen lead the ceremony ( got to agree, no eye contact, just read from paper.. Monotone)

But overall very well organized ceremony even though it started about 30 minutes late.
We got the natz certificate and now it all seems like over! Good bye USCIS! We voted on the same day as well. At the voter's registration, they didnt even ask for the natz cert.

Next step is to apply for passport. So hope to see you in the other thread soon.
Good luck Safferjoe, few more days to interview. Washburn, keep us posted of the OL.
Murali

Thanks for the encouragement, Murali! :)

Still disappointed that I can't vote, but at least you got to exercise your new-found right.

Chin up, Washburn, you're still one step ahead of me! I'll be interested to see when they actually schedule your OC.

Joe the Saffer

Thanks for the encouragement, Murali! :)

Still disappointed that I can't vote, but at least you got to exercise your new-found right.

Chin up, Washburn, you're still one step ahead of me! I'll be interested to see when they actually schedule your OC.

Joe the Saffer

That was the moment I will really cherish in the entire process. Of course while taking the oath too it was very nice. But voting in this historic election is worth the wait.

Joe the Saffer like Joe the plumber?? :D

I received my passport and passport card today in the mail. The process took only 10 days, regular processing. They arrived separately from New Orleans. I'm now waiting for naturalization certificate to be returned.

I received my passport and passport card today in the mail. The process took only 10 days, regular processing. They arrived separately from New Orleans. I'm now waiting for naturalization certificate to be returned.
I received my naturalization certificate back today in large envelop (no staple or fold marks on certificate).My wife hasn't received hers.

I got my OL today.

it's dated 2 days after my interview !!!
Oath is on Nov 17th at 09:30 am.

PS: on the back where it says which documents to bring, it has the following checked:
oath letter (ok)
GC (ok)
Reentry permit of refugee travel document ??
any immigration documents you may have ??

why are those last 2 checked? do they just check it anyway? I mean, i don't know why those would apply to me.

Congratulations! They just check them in case you have been outside the country between interview and oath and need to provide evidence of travels dates.

Ah. I see.
Thanks Bobsmyth; btw, your OL-prediction was spot on for the 1st week of Nov. :)