Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

I got my OL today.

it's dated 2 days after my interview !!!
Oath is on Nov 17th at 09:30 am.

PS: on the back where it says which documents to bring, it has the following checked:
oath letter (ok)
GC (ok)
Reentry permit of refugee travel document ??
any immigration documents you may have ??

why are those last 2 checked? do they just check it anyway? I mean, i don't know why those would apply to me.

Congratulations, Washburn!

This gives me hope that my OD will only be 2-3 weeks after my ID.

Of course, I won't bank on this. I've been burned by USCIS before... :cool:

SafferJoe: Thanks, man.
I will keep an eye on your progress...I see that your interview is just 2 days after my oath. I'm sure you'll breeze through the process, and have your IV done before you know it...just about 2 wks for your IV.
All the best! have you started looking at the civics stuff yet, or do you still have it fresh in your mind from the last time?

I got my OL today.

it's dated 2 days after my interview !!!
Oath is on Nov 17th at 09:30 am.

PS: on the back where it says which documents to bring, it has the following checked:
oath letter (ok)
GC (ok)
Reentry permit of refugee travel document ??
any immigration documents you may have ??

why are those last 2 checked? do they just check it anyway? I mean, i don't know why those would apply to me.

Congratulations Washburn..

SafferJoe: Thanks, man.
I will keep an eye on your progress...I see that your interview is just 2 days after my oath. I'm sure you'll breeze through the process, and have your IV done before you know it...just about 2 wks for your IV.
All the best! have you started looking at the civics stuff yet, or do you still have it fresh in your mind from the last time?

I just went through the questions and there was clear evidence of some rust... :rolleyes:
They're pretty easy though, and a couple more times should do it. I was surprised to see that they've taken the old questions off the USCIS website! I had to find my own copy to try them out again.

I must confess that my wife and I feel a little left out by missing out on this historic election. :cool:
Still, I have a feeling that when the results come out, we'll celebrate anyway! :)

I think I'm the last of this year's Raleigh/Durham cohort. The only other posts I've seen are of folks who've just very recently applied and have a way to go.

Me, too :D more things to celebrate!
... I think we are becoming citizens in a very interesting phase in the U.S. .... and perhaps, even of the world.
it's good to be alive in interesting times...

My wife has successfully completed her interview process on October 10th but she has requested for a name change. Does anyone know how long this name change process takes. The IO said they will send a confirmation letter within 2 weeks but it has already more than 3 weeks, we didn't receive any mail. I don't trust the mail system from USCIS. Any input is much appreciated.

Just finished my interview this morning. The wait was about a hour and the actual interview was about 10 mins. Nothing out of the ordinary - similar to what most other people had reported.

I did not get an oath date. I got the standard 'you should get a letter within the next couple of months'. I hope to make it to the Nov 17th oath. Anybody know when the next oath date would be after Nov 17th?

My wife has successfully completed her interview process on October 10th but she has requested for a name change. Does anyone know how long this name change process takes. The IO said they will send a confirmation letter within 2 weeks but it has already more than 3 weeks, we didn't receive any mail. I don't trust the mail system from USCIS. Any input is much appreciated.

Name change request must go through Federal court, so she'll most likely have oath done in downtown Raleigh in the near future. If you don't hear anything within the next 2 weeks , have her schedule an Infopass for an update.

Fingerprints done yesterday! Was there for almost 2 hours but everyone was nice and I even had a few laughs with the lady who fingerprinted me.
She said the prints are sent electronically to FBI.
IL waiting time now!

Guys,
How long does the whole oath procedure last in Durham DO, from going there to being completely done?

I have my oath at 09:30 am (that's when I have to show up there)
I have a final exam on my oath day (how freakin' annoying is THAT?), and the prof told me he can let me take it at about 3 pm in the afternoon, and I want to get an idea if this would be possible.
The drive from Durham DO to school will probably take about 1 and a half hrs...can make it in 1 hr perhaps, but let's say 1 and a half to be safe..

Think I can make it? will I be done by 12:30 pm or so? (I do have to eat something too, I just realized).
thanks.

If it starts on time, the Durham oath is only 30 mins max. My was over in 20 mins and I was out of building 35 mins after scheduled start.
You'll have plenty of time to make it for your exam.

Guys,
How long does the whole oath procedure last in Durham DO, from going there to being completely done?

I have a final exam on my oath day (how freakin' annoying is THAT?), and the prof told me he can let me take it at about 3 pm in the afternoon, and I want to get an idea if this would be possible.
The drive from Durham DO to school will probably take about 1 and a half hrs...can make it in 1 hr perhaps, but let's say 1 and a half to be safe..

Think I can make it? will I be done by 12:30 pm or so? (I do have to eat something too, I just realized).
thanks.

I don't know if you can get an A on this exam with the post-naturalization excitement. B should be ok for this exam.

thanks guys..
:D a B would be good...it's a boring class (pharmacy law), and the thoughts/excitement of the oath won't help my lame study efforts for sure...I think I'll be happy with whatever I get, but B is what i'm shooting for ... :)

Guys,

thanks.

MIne was at 9.30 am as well. Started only at 10.00 am. But like Bob mentioned, was over by 10.30 or so. WE had about 100 people taking oath that day. IF seated the first few rows, can walk out faster. Because we are called by the rows to get the natz cert. I arrived at 9.15 am and got seated in the 5th of the 10 row seating..
Good luck for the exam & the oath!