Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

Guys.. I received my NOA on friday and have updated my signature. I am happy to have moved one step..lol...

Congratulations, Murali!! :D

My interview is less than a month away, so my long journey is also drawing to a close. Can't wait to be done with USCIS! :)

Congratulations, Murali!! :D

My interview is less than a month away, so my long journey is also drawing to a close. Can't wait to be done with USCIS! :)

Thanks SAfferjoe.. I was relieved to be done with USCIS. Just one more step left i guess.
It will be smooth. Dont worry..The IO didnt even ask if we want the old test or the new. They asked all the old questions.
Good luck on the interview.
Murali

Thanks to Washburn, Bobsmyth and fbanna79 :D for the wishes.

Hi everyone,

I am new to this board and about to join you all on this journey. I hope that it won’t take 730 days! But I send in my application to Texas Service Center in Mesquite TX yesterday.

It was deliverd

Oct 21, 2008 9:17 AM

Delivered

MESQUITE, TX

Any idea on how long it might take?

Thanks,

Serge

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone,

I am new to this board and about to join you all on this journey. I hope that it won’t take 730 days! But I send in my application to Texas Service Center in Mesquite TX yesterday.

It was deliverd

Oct 21, 2008 9:17 AM

Delivered

MESQUITE, TX

Any idea on how long it might take?

Thanks,

Serge

Judging by the RDU office timeline you should expect your citizenship interview by March/April of 2009 if everything goes well. You will be asked to get your fingerprints taken within a month.

I've done my first duties as a US citizen today: registered to vote, voted and also applied for passport regular processing. I did go to SSN office to try to update SS status, but they were already closed.

I've done my first duties as a US citizen today: registered to vote, voted and also applied for passport regular processing. I did go to SSN office to try to update SS status, but they were already closed.

Good lad! :)

I will also aspire to be as upstanding a citizen as Bob (when the day finally arrives, that is). ;)

Hello Guys,

I wanted to give an update. My interview was scheduled for Oct 20th(yesterday). The interview was scheduled for 9:00 AM, we reached around 8:45 AM and there were few folks already there (I am guessing 8:00 AM appointments). By 10:30 we were done with the interview, The interview questions were very straight forward.

We got an oath ceremony date of Oct 28th. Couple of pointers for folks who are going to the Raleigh office for interview :

1. Once you are in seating area for your interview there is a guard who is walking around, you need to give your appointment letter to him. In the early morning hour he wasn't around when we walked in so we were bit confused about what to do.
2. We are traveling to India in second week of November. We requested the IO to expedite the Oath Ceremony date. He said once the dates are notified to us (after the interview) we can talk to the individual and try to adjust it as per the requirement. In our case we got for 28th, So we are ok. We will end up driving to DC to get the same day passport thingy. In case you need to goto kinko's, the nearest one is near page road intersection.
3. There were 2 guys who were asked to get a recent photograph. One of the guy was visibly shaken. So please ensure that you take all the documents specified on this forum.

Thanks
Rajesh

Bob,

can you explain what you meant by getting SS status updated? I've also applied for my passport and registered to vote, but I was not aware of any other entities I should/can update about my new status. Do you know if there's anything else?

FP notice 2/4/08
FP Date 2/29/08
IL: 7/01/08
ID: 9/18/08
OL: 10/3/08 (received 10/9/08)
OL: 10/10/08

Hello Guys,

I wanted to give an update. My interview was scheduled for Oct 20th(yesterday). The interview was scheduled for 9:00 AM, we reached around 8:45 AM and there were few folks already there (I am guessing 8:00 AM appointments). By 10:30 we were done with the interview, The interview questions were very straight forward.

We got an oath ceremony date of Oct 28th. Couple of pointers for folks who are going to the Raleigh office for interview :

1. Once you are in seating area for your interview there is a guard who is walking around, you need to give your appointment letter to him. In the early morning hour he wasn't around when we walked in so we were bit confused about what to do.
2. We are traveling to India in second week of November. We requested the IO to expedite the Oath Ceremony date. He said once the dates are notified to us (after the interview) we can talk to the individual and try to adjust it as per the requirement. In our case we got for 28th, So we are ok. We will end up driving to DC to get the same day passport thingy. In case you need to goto kinko's, the nearest one is near page road intersection.
3. There were 2 guys who were asked to get a recent photograph. One of the guy was visibly shaken. So please ensure that you take all the documents specified on this forum.

Thanks
Rajesh

Congratulations Rajesh..very true about the security guard..you have to hand him the interview letter before you wait, but many times he leaves his post and there's no indication what you must do when you get there.
Do you need to apply for India visa as well?

Bob,

can you explain what you meant by getting SS status updated? I've also applied for my passport and registered to vote, but I was not aware of any other entities I should/can update about my new status. Do you know if there's anything else?

FP notice 2/4/08
FP Date 2/29/08
IL: 7/01/08
ID: 9/18/08
OL: 10/3/08 (received 10/9/08)
OL: 10/10/08

How'll have to go to ssn office to update your immigration status to citizen from LPR in order to make sure their records are up to date. Also update your status to citizen to your HR and any other pertinent places.

Hello Guys,

Thanks
Rajesh

Congratulations. We also have our ceremony on 28th at 9.30 am. When is yours?
Yes the gaurdsman disappears most of the time. Wish they had a table set up for him right as the elevator opens.

Oath ceremony

Just curious about the oath ceremony in Raleigh.
IS there a limit on how many guests can come? How will they enter the building? Since we will have the oath letter and GC, do they need to carry any identification?

THanks in advance..
Murali

Just curious about the oath ceremony in Raleigh.
IS there a limit on how many guests can come? How will they enter the building? Since we will have the oath letter and GC, do they need to carry any identification?

THanks in advance..
Murali

They limit guests according to size of ceremony since the room can only fit so many people. This being said, you shouldn't have any issues bringing up to 5-6 guests. You all enter the building by main entrance and will have to pass through security together as a group.Everyone should have ID on them and present themselves as guests of your ceremony. Good luck!