Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

You'll do fine newbie001..the longest part will be the wait in waiting area before the interview. The interview itself will only take about 15 minutes, baring any major complications.Good luck !!

Thanks Bob. Mine is very straight forward case as well. 56 days outside of the country in the last 5 years, 3 address changes (1 from VSC area to TSC area), 1 traffic ticket for speeding in 1999.

Thanks,
Newbie001.

I just called USCIS and have been told that I have been scheduled for oath at Durham DO in October. The IO said she couldn't see the specific date, but that the oath letter was printed Sept. 22. So, it looks like I'll be in October 2nd or 3rd oath date.:)

Fbanna - how do you know you are going to take your oath 10/1? I called "cusotmer service" (LOL), and they told me to call again in 90 days.

I just called USCIS and have been told that I have been scheduled for oath at Durham DO in October. The IO said she couldn't see the specific date, but that the oath letter was printed Sept. 22. So, it looks like I'll be in October 2nd or 3rd oath date.:)

Excellent news, Bobsmyth! Looks like you'll definitely be able to vote.

Excellent! I hope I can join you at oath ceremony as well.

Thanks,
Newbie001.

I got my Oath Letter yesterday scheduled for Oct 2 ,2008....I am so not excited about this anymore.:confused:

I was supposed to move to NYC but I changed my mind. But the funny thing is, when I did my interview I informed the IO about my intent to move and she asked me if I wanted to do my oath in NC or tranfer to NY. I really didnt think I had a choice? But oh well I am still here in Charlotte. Wish I could do my Oath here I hate driving!

BTW the OL went to my mothers address in NYC. She is now mailing it to me....

Now, North carolina is moving. We only hear about intervews and oath ceremonies scheduled :D:D. Speaking of oaths, Bobsmyth, yours will be at Durham DO at 08:00 Am on October 2nd. I can bet $ 2,000. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to talk to an IO, not a customer service rep, to get your oath date.

Thanks Bob - just tried again, they wouldn't put me through to an IO until I haven't heard anything for 90 days.

I think I am going to go for an InfoPass instead. Which is the best box to check?

Order from Immigration Court - If you were directed to us for processing based on an order from the Immigration Judge. You must bring all documents required in the post order instructions given to you by the court.

Case Processing Appointment - If you received a notice to go to your local office for further case processing.

EAD inquiry appointment - If your I-765 employment authorization application has been pending for more than 90 days.

Case Services follow-up appointment - If it has been over 45 days since you contacted NCSC and have not received a response to your inquiry. You must bring the Service Request ID Number related to your inquiry to the appointment.

None of these seem appropriate (if you check "Case Processing Appointment"), it says no appointments in my area.

Thanks Bob - just tried again, they wouldn't put me through to an IO until I haven't heard anything for 90 days.

Do this: Call USCIS 1-800 number, chooser option 1-2-3. Tell the rep you haven't received receipt number yet and it's been more than 30 days since you filed. Don't mention anything to rep that you were interviewed. Once the rep hears it's been more than 30 days since you applied and you haven't received receipt notice it will trigger them to transfer your call to an IO.

Oath ceremony on 10/01?

I applied N400 for me and wife in 2006 to Charlotte. My wife got US citizenship within 6 months. She had the interview and Oath ceremony on the same day in Charlotte.

For me, I received Interview Descheduled letter from Charlotte in 2006 . No information (I had FP taken again in raleigh two months back) from USCIS until 45 days back when I received IL for 10/15 at Raleigh DO. It again got descheduled for unknown reasons. But yesterday I received IL again from raleigh DO for 10/01 at 8:40AM.

I have the following questions.

- Whether raleigh office does both Interview and oath ceremony on the same date? Anyone with that experience?

- Any one has oath ceremony on 10/01 afternoon?

- I do not have any documents for Selective Service. Should I take any documents or simply tell the officer I came to US only at age 29? Anyone with this experience?

Thanks for the reply.

- I do not have any documents for Selective Service. Should I take any documents or simply tell the officer I came to US only at age 29? Anyone with this experience?

Thanks for the reply.

In my case, the IO just calculated my age when I entered the US and realized that I would have been too old for Selective Service - he didn't ask to see anything.

No new DEscheduling letters lurking in the mail box after one day :D
so far so good!

..wonder if Murals got his REscheduling letter today...

I haven't been on this board in years. I have my citizenship interview tomorrow. N400 was sent to TSC in December. Good luck to everyone who is waiting.

No new DEscheduling letters lurking in the mail box after one day :D
so far so good!

..wonder if Murals got his REscheduling letter today...

Waiting to go home and see it. Will update if any good/bad news! :cool:
Congrats day one. Sky clear. Still on target.

Last edited by a moderator: