Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

I just got my US Passport. I applied with regular processing at the RTP Post Office on the 10th and it came in the mail today. It was nice to finish with a nice, smooth process with the State Department after all the USCIS processes, which seemed to take forever. I hope that all of you waiting for oath letters and interviews can be in this same position soon. I really hope that many of you will be able to join me in voting in the US for the first time soon!

I just got my US Passport. I applied with regular processing at the RTP Post Office on the 10th and it came in the mail today. It was nice to finish with a nice, smooth process with the State Department after all the USCIS processes, which seemed to take forever. I hope that all of you waiting for oath letters and interviews can be in this same position soon. I really hope that many of you will be able to join me in voting in the US for the first time soon!

Congratulation US citizen Phisc. now, you have left behind all the pain USCIS may have caused to you. Now you are a US Citizen with all the priviledges. :):)

If you haven't made your choice for this election, please vote for me ;)

Congratulations, Phish! Remember - vote early, vote often. :)

Oath cermony in Raleigh/Durham DO

Found this in another link..

By Mazen @ Monday, September 22, 2008 12:28 PM
I had my interview today 09/22/08 for citizenship, they asked me ten questions about US history from the book they already gave me. I waited more than 4 hours (came from 8:00 am and left 12:15 pm) finally, they gave my result and an appointment for my oath ceremony on 10/02/08 which I did not expect, it is just 10 days from today (interview day). I think now they start give your appointment for the ceremony in the same day of interview instead of mails it to you.

http://www.bashyamspiro.com/Blog/ta...rticleId/65/Durham-NC-USCIS-Office-Opens.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:
Murals 72: you will get it; just hang in there. naso also got it before I got it...there may be a little lag between each of us till they get to everyone...
I have a feeling you'll get it soon, too.

at least it looks like, all of those descheduled people can be relieved that this really was a staffing/organizational issue, and that their name checks, one of the dreaded parts of the whole process (perhaps the most dreaded) have actually gone ok. That, I think, should be an indirect piece of good news until the new IL comes. To me, it really was...

Another example of USCIS process inconsistency; scheduling oaths on same day for some as others are placed in oath queue.

May be they want to get as many people in before the election.
I missed the ride anyways.. No worries.
BUt wish our DO worked on the weekends to clear the back log. :)
BTW how does one add smileys? I see so many people use it..

at least it looks like, all of those descheduled people can be relived that this really was a staffing/organizational issue, and that their name checks, one of the dreaded parts of the whole process...(perhaps the most dreaded) have actually gone ok. That, I think, should be an indirect piece of good news until the new IL comes.

True that..

I just received an interview letter

Hey all!!

However, I just received an interview letter, it has same date for an interview that I received earlier and then got descheduled. I hope everyone will receive an interview letter soon....

Another example of USCIS process inconsistency; scheduling oaths on same day for some as others are placed in oath queue.

Inconsistency reigns at USCIS; I'm done, but I feel for those who are still working to understand how the "system" works when there is no ckear evidence of a "system" in the first place. Your time will come, and believe me, the feeling you get at the end is (almost) worth all the hassle and stress it took to get there.

ssuming that someoe got oath letter at nterview today in Durham, I will be surprised if Bobsmyth is not scheduled for October 1st or 2nd oath ceremonies. Bob, I am sure you will receive something by the next saturday.

ssuming that someoe got oath letter at nterview today in Durham, I will be surprised if Bobsmyth is not scheduled for October 1st or 2nd oath ceremonies. Bob, I am sure you will receive something by the next saturday.

Yes, I'm still hoping by week's end I'll at least will know. I'll be calling USCIS again tomorrow to see if they have any date set.

Interview in 2 days - butterflies in stomach!!! :(

I have my interview on 09/25. I have read several posts about interview experience, recently from Bobsmyth and others in Durham DO itself. Still, I have butterflies in my stomach. I hope everything goes well.

Wish me luck guys!!

I wish you all the best and you should get your OL this week.

thanks,
Newbie001.

Newbie001,

Not only you will pass your interview, but also you will come out with an oath notice for October 3rd at 10:00 AM at the Durham DO. I bet 1,000 for that. ;)

I have my interview on 09/25. I have read several posts about interview experience, recently from Bobsmyth and others in Durham DO itself. Still, I have butterflies in my stomach. I hope everything goes well.

Wish me luck guys!!

I wish you all the best and you should get your OL this week.

thanks,
Newbie001.

You'll do fine newbie001..the longest part will be the wait in waiting area before the interview. The interview itself will only take about 15 minutes, baring any major complications.Good luck !!