Raleigh/Durham NC - N-400 Timeline

Found out today why I was sent to Raleigh. It seems as though all Military N-400 Applications has been routed to that DO.

Since I live in Charlotte I am trying now to request my oath down here. I am not sure if I should just wait and take my oath in Sept. Or if it would be faster to see if I could get it done here.

What do you guys think?:confused:

Just do the Raleigh oath and get it over with..that way you'll have a set date. If you reschedule it, who knows how long Charlotte will take. The hassle of driving to Raleigh will be long forgotten once you become USC.

Ifo Pass had wrong center

I had been to Durham DO for the appointment as per my info pass. But it seems the info pass printed (even after giving 27513 zipcode) was for New York. Its strange. They had walk ins but the place was to crowded and they asked me to either take another info pass or come some other time for walk-ins. Well thats the only update from myside. I am hoping for an oath ceremony on September 5th and also hoping that oath letter is in the mail. Keeping my fingers crossed.

hi

We had our interview at Durham DO last month. We have not received any notification about Oath ceremony. Wondering if anyone got any concrete/official notification about Oath ceremony in the Durham DO.

sbagade800 - you seem to have similar timeline and are waiting for Oath ceremony as well. You seem to have taken an InfoPass last week. Can you please let us know what they said during your InfoPass?

thanks

-----------------
05/15/07: N400 sent (Charlotte)
06/15/07: FPs taken (Charlotte)
06/06/08: IL ND
06/23/08: Interview completed (Durham DO)
?? : Oath

I have a question regarding InfoPass

Hi all,

Here is the story.... Me and my boss applied for N400 at similar time (just weeks apart, he applied later). Me and my wife got IL. and My boss got IL, but his wife didn't receive it yet. Can he schedule an Infopass for this and check what is going on? what is the procedure and how can he know why his wife didn't receive IL yet?

thanks,
Newbie001.

Hi all,

Here is the story.... Me and my boss applied for N400 at similar time (just weeks apart, he applied later). Me and my wife got IL. and My boss got IL, but his wife didn't receive it yet. Can he schedule an Infopass for this and check what is going on? what is the procedure and how can he know why his wife didn't receive IL yet?

thanks,
Newbie001.

You can talk to an IO by phone or by Infopass to find out what is going on with her application. Either she's stuck in name check or the IL was lost in the mail.

Thanks fbanna..I contacted Governor Easley's office last week and his scheduling secretary does not have him to appear at the ceremony. She said most likely there will be a member of the house of representatives instead.
I wonder how many applicants they have scheduled to appear.

Considering the new convention center can hold 5000 people and that the oath ceremony is to showcase the new center, I wouldn't be surprised if the oath has over 500 people.

Raleigh/Durham DO - time between Interview and Oath - How long?

Hi All,

Are there any recent applicant (non-military based) who got oath letter after interviewing at Raleigh/Durham DO? How long does it take to get oath letter after the interview. I see the postings that there is going to be big Oath ceremony at the new convention center. How many non-military based applicants received oath letter for that ceremony?

Please share your teimlines.

Thanks,
Newbie001.

Considering the new convention center can hold 5000 people and that the oath ceremony is to showcase the new center, I wouldn't be surprised if the oath has over 500 people.

Update: I just received word from the Raleigh convention center that they expect about 1000 people to take part in the ceremony. Sounds like the biggest oath ceremony on record for North Carolina.

Update: I just received word from the Raleigh convention center that they expect about 1000 people to take part in the ceremony. Sounds like the biggest oath ceremony on record for North Carolina.

Hopefully we will be part of the ceremony. Let's cross our fingers. I don't want to have oath later than September 5.

Hi everyone!

I just found this forum recently, and this thread has been absolutely INVALUABLE in terms of reading about fellow citizens-to-be as they go through the same process I am in the same local area. I'm currently scheduled for my interview 9/18/08, so I hope you don't mind me joining the conversation so late in the process. I'd be glad to share my experience with anyone who's interested.

I don't have my exact timeline with me now, but in sum: I sent in my application 09/2007, got fingerprinted in 03/2008, and am about to interview at the Durham DO.

Since my interview is after the big oath ceremony in Sept, does anyone have any idea how frequently they will have oath ceremonies after this big one? Thanks!

Welcome rjwang..thanks for sharing your info. They schedule oaths it seems every few weeks but so far we haven't been able to determine when and where.

Still waiting for oath letter

Should be getting it soon if included in the sep 5th ceremony... so hope I am included in that.

has anyone in this forum received his oath letter for the Sept 5 ceremony in Raleigh ?
it looks like they have not started sending oath letters out, unless someone can tell me otherwise. If I Knp or others that have already been approved, I will show up with my approval notice at this ceremony even if I don't get my oath letter. It may have been lost in the mail. Let's wait until the 22nd to see if oath notices will arrive.

I wouldn't be surprised if we you start seeing notices for Sept 5th oath any day now.

BobSmyth :D
three more weeks buddy! Are you studying yet? :D I am so excited for you. You were such a help to me when I went through my process, so I am totally having my fingers, arms, knees and a couple of elbows crossed for you :p

You are right. I am really wondering what this forum will be after Bobsmyth gets naturalized and leaves the forum. There was discussion about recommending him for the vacant USCIS director's job

Last edited by a moderator:
BobSmyth :D
three more weeks buddy! Are you studying yet? :D I am so excited for you. You were such a help to me when I went through my process, so I am totally having my fingers, arms, knees and a couple of elbows crossed for you :p

Yes, time is flying by..the questions are relatively easy..especially the remembering the original colonies since I have driven through each one several times:) Thanks for the well wishes JoJo72.

You are right. I am really wondering what this forum will be after Bobsmyth gets naturalized and leaves the forum. There was discussion about recommending him for the vacant USCIS director's job

Don't worry..I'll still make it a point to stick around :)